Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Mathew

Deliberate manipulation by AC.
THE TRUE VERSION: Yes I know I’m going on about myself & my disability again, it’s the ego coming out in me & of course psychologically egotistical people will say this!!

AC VERSION: Yes I know I’m going on about myself & my disability again, it’s the ego coming out in me

AC version was supposed to prove that I was contradicting myself & it sounds that way but it’s not what was actually written as I have shown
This is obvious manipulation because they sound so differently, & by far this isn't the only time he has done this, I should have pulled him up earlier on this, my fault.

I ask myself why am I bothered & now at this point in time I haven’t got an answer for this….the human self is weird but OK in my view anyway!! … This is being human as I am not some spiritual wondrous being but human, sorry but I love it, to a certain extent anyway!!!!

Love
Mathew

PS Love being human because there isn’t much else on offer that’s anywhere near as good.
Old 28-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Yes you make some good points here....yes I do think at times they have to know what I know but I suppose I don't know what they know either, I can see your point.

I actually know I have theories as like with everyone as no one knows they are 110% correct including me, it really is all theorising on my part especially even though I'm quite passionate about it.

As for defending myself & my theories....i suppose I do it sometimes as it's to do with lack of confidence but with AC no it's just I'm trying to show him what he really is at this time, I think!!!

Don't say sorry because I love your frankness & truthfulness Seawolf, I will take into mind what you are saying here.

Love
Mathew
Thanks! I really like what you said about us not knowing but the ego makes us think we do. I think I do that because sometimes I take myself too seriously and start believing myself. Believing myself is much different than believing 'in' myself, actually quite opposite. I wouldn't be able to see these things in others if they weren't in me too.

I'm just so sick of finding something positive and then ending up separating people in my mind, the ones who know or who have 'experienced' and the unconcious. I forget that I don't really know anything and that it's for me personally. Some ancient cultures saw 'knowing' differently, they didn't believe a person who disagreed with them was wrong, or least they believed that and tried to live by it.
Old 28-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Mountain-Goat

~joyfully shakes head in wonderingment..and finishes with...facepalm~
Old 28-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Thanks! I really like what you said about us not knowing but the ego makes us think we do. I think I do that because sometimes I take myself too seriously and start believing myself. Believing myself is much different than believing 'in' myself, actually quite opposite. I wouldn't be able to see these things in others if they weren't in me too.

I'm just so sick of finding something positive and then ending up separating people in my mind, the ones who know or who have 'experienced' and the unconscious. I forget that I don't really know anything and that it's for me personally. Some ancient cultures saw 'knowing' differently, they didn't believe a person who disagreed with them was wrong, or least they believed that and tried to live by it.

That's a good point Seawolf, believing in oneself to believing myself, never thought of it quite like this before. You’re as honest as what I am in seeing in other in what we are; it takes some fortitude I have to admit to admit to these emotions being in ourselves as well. I'm no different to anyone on this site or anywhere else, what I see in them is indeed in me.

Seawolf, I know no more than what you do, it's all there for all of us to be of the same, who's to know what's theory & a supposed fact? I don't, I can surmise through my own experiences & knowing but that is it.

If you look at everything as a theory you have no conflicts because you don't see it as fact even if the person who wrote this theory sees it as fact themselves it still is what you see it as, a theory. So what if they see it as fact, no big deal as long as it's not detrimental to one's existence. I still forget to do this.

I have to admit however if I said to the person with a said fact that I'm looking at it as a theory they would probably get quite upset which is of course the ego speaking.

I think I need to be more aware not just spiritually but with my entire external environment which of course should come with spiritual awareness but I do humanly side track myself at times. We are all here, if we know it or not, to support each other to the best of our abilities otherwise we wouldn’t be here on this site I believe.

Love
Mathew
Old 28-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Master
I ask myself why am I bothered & now at this point in time I haven’t got an answer for this….the human self is weird but OK in my view anyway!! …

Mathew... It's uncomfortable to be attacked by someone on the offensive, constantly distorting your words and meaning, even if you're not in your ego defenses. I feel an energy that comes with it... like a wasp sting. It just doesn't feel good.

This is being human as I am not some spiritual wondrous being but human, sorry but I love it, to a certain extent anyway!!!!

I say you absolutely are a wondrous spiritual being, in the world as a human for now... and so are we all.

Xan

Old 29-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I ask myself why am I bothered & now at this point in time I haven’t got an answer for this….the human self is weird but OK in my view anyway!! …

Mathew... It's uncomfortable to be attacked by someone on the offensive, constantly distorting your words and meaning, even if you're not in your ego defenses. I feel an energy that comes with it... like a wasp sting. It just doesn't feel good.

This is being human as I am not some spiritual wondrous being but human, sorry but I love it, to a certain extent anyway!!!!

I say you absolutely are a wondrous spiritual being, in the world as a human for now... and so are we all.

Xan

AC is a portrayal of my neg ego & no I don't humanly like it, I tried to assist in it's healing but to no avail, time to close books on this one I'm afraid!!

We are indeed all wondrous spiritual human beings who are striving to become even more wondrous & so we should too.

Love
Mathew
Old 29-09-2012, 09:33 AM
amy green

Matthew I understand your need to correct a misrepresentation of who you are. Basically if it stands uncorrected then readers will feel it is accurate, so you owe it to yourself.

I have been in this position so many times. I don't care what most people think of me (since I have high self esteem) but I do care that I am being criticised for something I am not - that clearly needs addressing if nothing other than to put the record straight. Bullying and baiting are also very distasteful especially on this forum. I don't have a victim's mentality and I hope that neither do you. No one is better than anyone else here. We are all equal. You come across as a nice person to me.
Old 29-09-2012, 10:54 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Xan
A more complete picture might be that some others point out the ambiguities of your choice of words and phrasing.. there are those that redefine the conventional meanings of words to suit their personal beliefs, and sometimes it is healthy to be made aware of the different perspectives that your words can generate.. the choice to interpret the well-intended attempts discuss these ambiguities as "offensive" would be your's.. and yes, i have seen some offensive posts aimed at you, but i am referring to the posts that are asking you for discussions that clarify your meanings..

Be well..
Old 29-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Matthew I understand your need to correct a misrepresentation of who you are. Basically if it stands uncorrected then readers will feel it is accurate, so you owe it to yourself.

I have been in this position so many times. I don't care what most people think of me (since I have high self esteem) but I do care that I am being criticised for something I am not - that clearly needs addressing if nothing other than to put the record straight. Bullying and baiting are also very distasteful especially on this forum. I don't have a victim's mentality and I hope that neither do you. No one is better than anyone else here. We are all equal. You come across as a nice person to me.

We think so much alike!!
Old 29-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Neville

I just wanted to say hello Mathew.

Feeling misrepresented sucks, feeling challenged tends to make one feel defensive as if under attack too. so that sucks.. yet both begin with the word feeling.

And you know exactly who has the last word on how you feel.

Just in case.. and from a common person... You seem to be coming from a place of goodness.
Closed Thread