Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
WS you really need to lighten up.

If I said "My mother's pot roast is the best!" would you yell at me for preaching?

Yes, I feel it is something you don't want to talk about for your own reasons and may never change your mind about, but I hope you do, for my own reasons that yes have nothing to do with you - that is how I feel. I am sorry if my wording does not quite suit you so how do you want me to change to suit you better? Do I need to excise the verb is from my language just so you never feel I am imposing some definition on you or your world??

I mean, really.

Again...........lighten up............is a wrong assumption that suggest that I am otherwise.
Posting words on a screen has it's limitations.
I'm not yelling at you for preaching. I'm just taking myself away from it.
If you believe your views apply to the world then no word substitution will hide that...............
If you think back the only reason we are even having this discussion is because you jumped in to defend someone who left agaist something I said. Then you started a thread about it and so here we are.
Moving on..............no problems.........just not interesting in preaching or messages. It's deeper than that but that will do.
Take care...........catch you on the next thread.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
I do try and maintain a positive outlook but sometimes I am more successful than others, myself.

Yes, some of the reactions were quite negative - but I really don't want to lay them out here, for reasons I hope you can understand - what I want to explore instead are the causes of these negative reactions. Unfortunate, they seem to be somewhat self-perpetuating,which makes discussing them somewhat difficult - but I can try.

I am always glad to see your posts - I am glad to have you in this thread.

Wow..............
Old 12-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Again...........lighten up............is a wrong assumption that suggest that I am otherwise.
Posting words on a screen has it's limitations.
I'm not yelling at you for preaching. I'm just taking myself away from it.
If you believe your views apply to the world then no word substitution will hide that...............
If you think back the only reason we are even having this discussion is because you jumped in to defend someone who left agaist something I said. Then you started a thread about it and so here we are.
Moving on..............no problems.........just not interesting in preaching or messages. It's deeper than that but that will do.
Take care...........catch you on the next thread.

*sigh* You really are quite difficult WS. You can quote me on that.

Everything you say is true WS, but here's the thing - Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. You are telling me just as strongly what isn't as I am telling you what is (whatever that is).

The truth is, trying to live without forming conceptions and opinions of those conceptions is idiocy - it is just the nature of the beast. I seem to understand that, and you are trying to shoehorn me into your view that no views define the world - which, by the way, I agree with.

The truth is, if anyone here is acting like our definitions have any reality, it is YOU.

Think about it.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Master
Another wrong assumption..............please no more..............move on...thanks.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Lisa

Humm- I do try and maintain a positive outlook but sometimes I am more successful than others, myself.

Yes, some of the reactions were quite negative -

THIS IS HUGE. I am very curious about that. Had no idea. I wasn't expecting details- but what is the negativity?

but I really don't want to lay them out here, for reasons I hope you can understand - what I want to explore instead are the causes of these negative reactions.

YES. I do have an idea.

What if ego feels threatened by I love you? Resistance and reactivity and negativity feeds the ego. It strengthen it, and its identity. So 'I love you" when it isn't expecting it, could be like a slap in the face.

Unfortunate, they seem to be somewhat self-perpetuating,which makes discussing them somewhat difficult - but I can try.

I am always glad to see your posts - I am glad to have you in this thread.

Thanks Humm- I get you.

gotta go
Old 12-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Now don't portray me as moody dear Lisa..............I prefer sensitive...lol

As in 'able to sense'.........

My bad! I meant able to sense!

Old 12-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Humm

Yes, it is quite possible ego is involved, though I really don't understand it. I think cynicism and judgement are two operative mechanisms.

I'll PM you some specifics when I get a chance.

Thanks again.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Neville

Quote:
DO go on!

Well the time I stubbed my toe on the corner of the bed springs to mind.

Love did not cause that , and you should have heard the range of expletives I issued forth as i hopped around the bed room in an agonising danse macabre. Infact I recall shouting ...Well you can imagine,,,twas not Love anyhoo.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Master
Can we all please remember to be respectful in our discussions with one another. No one wins a badge at the end of it all.

For everyone:

Respect: Please respect other member’s and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times. Abuse and abusive posts (of any nature) will not be tolerated. Breaches of this ruling will result in posts being removed, warnings and if continued, DA. Mocking, and belittling other members also counts as disrespect.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Well the time I stubbed my toe on the corner of the bed springs to mind.

Love did not cause that , and you should have heard the range of expletives I issued forth as i hopped around the bed room in an agonising danse macabre. Infact I recall shouting ...Well you can imagine,,,twas not Love anyhoo.

What can I say - love hurts!