Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 29-03-2018, 12:32 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
I did two Tarot readings based on the spread from minxoto last night, as an experiment. For each one I asked "selling the house" before each position.

I then went through comparing both readings, which were just about the same, other than a slightly different perspective. I was going to post it but to be honest, I can't be bothered.

Needless to say, both readings were extremely accurate with different cards but with the same basis and underlying meaning, i.e. The Fool and Ace of Wands for Near Future, Temperance reversed and The Hermit reversed for advice, etc. You could have put them together and read as a two card reading for each position, with the second card coming up as a clarifier.

I also dislike "Far Future" positions in spreads. What the hell is "Far Future" anyway? That's like saying how long is a piece of string. I don't find it very useful at all. Is far future in 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, when I'm about to croak it, after I'm dead, or what? I find it really annoying personally.

When I first started using the Tarot, I would do the same reading a couple of times with the same deck or sometimes a different deck to get used to the cards and learn the meanings, and they always gave the same message but with a slightly different perspective or a different way of conveying the message. To me it's like how many different words can you use in a sentence to convey the same sort of meaning? Not everyone speaks exactly the same way, using the same grammar or the same adjectives, etc, but the meaning is still understood as basically the same.

As an example, "the old man crossed the busy road".

How old is the man, and how busy is the road? To some, "old" may be 30, to others it may be 90. It's the same with "busy". If you're used to living in a rural community, busy could mean a handful of people and a few cars at the lights, as opposed to living in the city, where there are hundreds of people and massive traffic jams. So which one is right? It all depends on perspective and personal relevance, but they are both essentially accurate.

To comment on your reading:

When you get The Hermit as an advice (I don't use reversals), I believe the cards in the Second Hand Silver Tarot Reading want you to think things over.

If everything have worked well for you with advices from first readings and using your first thought, I would have been happy with that an kept on moving on that path.

On the other hand - if you are the person who seem to do the wrong things - and haven't really had any success in your life (success here doesn't necessary mean fame or wealth or such things) I would have listened to The Hemit card and gone inward and reflected on your life before I've made any decisions.

I might be wrong about this (I'm not God - just one that wants to teach and make people think over things) - and I might not "get" your reading - but I still want to present your these thoughts as an example on how the Second Hand Tarot Reading could work.

Anyhow - good luck with your house if luck is your thing. If not, then I wish you deep understanding and the ability to change your karma.
Old 29-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by minxoto
First of all - I don't claim my opinions to be facts - they're based on divine inspiration and many years of experience.

I present this to be a reading technique - not the only one - but some might understand what I mean and like it.

Third - I wrote something wrong. The first reading is normally right, but what I mean is that it just confirms destiny and is not reflecting as a second reading would be.

I've worked as a tarot reader for many years, and I've been right and correct about my predictions. As examples - I told one woman that had a secret that she was six weeks pregnant that "I want to be the first to congratulate you with your baby" and I told an totally unknown person on the other side of the globe that he was studying law but that he didn't like it. Just two of many examples on how my sitters were in awe for what I could see. I back then used only the first reading.

So why a second reading? Well, to be correct about the destiny doesn't impress me anymore - and in my opinion it doesn't do anything for me or the sitters (when I write me here I think of myself as the sitter when I read for myself). To be accurate will give faith in that the destiny is set for you, but in my opinion it doesn't give anyone the option to reflect over things.

The Second Hand Silver Tarot is more of an alternative reading when you don't chase for gold, but take some steps back (because you've experienced that you took the wrong turn somewhere) and are happy with the silver. Silver is connected to the moon that is reflecting the sun. Sun is (in astrology) known for being your identity.

So I don't say that the first reading isn't right (it was wrong when I wrote that) - but I say it's good to have a second opinion like another leg to rest on. And I explain why the second opinion is more right for someone because they might have "fallen out of the race".

It's difficult to explain what I mean. It's because it's tarot and not science.

So to conclude the Second Hand Silver Tarot was just an optional reading technique. I apologize if I have stepped on anyones toes in claiming different.

Last: To use "Far future" as one of the positions was just an example. I have no idea why you made it to such a big point?

Firstly, it wasn't my intention to come across as mean or anything like that. I just don't understand the necessity of what you're doing. I don't agree with it and nothing will change my mind on that score. I also don't understand the "silver" and "gold" analogy.

As far as the "far future" goes, I apologise if that seemed directed personally at you, it wasn't. It's simply a gripe of mine that far future is ridiculously vague.

At the end of the day, if what you are doing works for you, then go for it. Just because I don't agree with it, doesn't mean it's not a workable solution for you. When all is said and done, we are all different individuals with different ways of doing things. Having said that, I still think your method is daft, but if it works for you or others, good luck to you.