Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-03-2018, 05:06 AM
Pathfinder

Need help interpreting a reading.

I quit my job on Wednesday (with notice) and started working at a landscaping and tree removal company as a secretary. Things were really going belly up for me at my old position, I never quite fit in, they never kept me in the loop, and I was getting burnt out for a while. I started in my new position on Thursday.

The guy who runs the whole operation is a workaholic. He does this full time, and he's a cop full time. He probably sleeps 3 hours every other night, and he's insanely disorganized, scatter-brained, and loud-mouthed. He wants to computerize his business, but at the same time he doesn't because he's been doing everything with paper the past 25 years. On my first day, I spent five hours editing general orders for his police department because he needs help in that aspect too. So I've kind of become his personal secretary? I'm supposed to work from 8am-5pm Monday through Friday. Yesterday, I left at 6:45pm and today I left at 5:45 because he keeps thinking of more things for me to do.

I learned something a little troubling today as well. He's been engaged to two of his secretaries, both of whom broke it off with him. One of them still works with him on top of her full time job, and she pops into the office in the afternoon. The two of them fight like cats and dogs because they have their own ideas about how the business should be run, and she wants him to get everything on the computers as well. So I'm leery that he's going to test my boundaries in a million different ways. His ex-fiance who still helps him out called me and told me to go home, that he shouldn't be having me stay so late all the time because if he had it his way, he would keep me around until midnight because there's always stuff that needs doing.

So I asked the cards if I bit off more than I can chew. I asked what I got myself into this time. To his benefit, these two secretaries got engaged to him, they didn't file sexual harassment complaints against him, so there's that. And one of them is still invested enough to help him out with this business (and I think they should just get back together but what do I know?)

I did a four-card past, present, future, overall picture draw.

Ten of Wands
The Emperor
Queen of Swords
Queen of Wands

https://imgur.com/a/dTpDr

My take:

The Ten of Wands is the overwhelmed, burnt out feeling I had at my old job, and maybe it represents how I feel now as well, as though I've bitten off more than I can chew.

I think The Emperor is my new boss. His K9 unit, a German Shepherd, hangs out at the office and follows me about. There's a German Shepherd at the feet of The Emperor. The booklet says it's a German Shepherd. The Emperor can be controlling, but also a mentor. Law Enforcement Officers tend to be controlling. I'm also married to one--but I'm pretty good at calling my husband out on that behavior and he's pretty good at catching himself when I do. I'm not going to "call out" someone I've only recently started working for. The Emperor is someone you want on your side.

Queen of Swords? I have no idea. This one stumps me. Maybe it's the ex who helps out? He doesn't seem to listen to her anyway. Maybe it's his mother who was at the office today? She spent the day cooking and telling him how he should run things. He snapped at her before he left to go out in the field and she went upstairs to sulk or take a nap. He snaps at everyone and it's a matter of time before he snaps at me and I don't appreciate being snapped at. I get the sense it's his ex.

Queen of Wands? It looks like things will work out, and it beings the Ten of Wands full circle with a positive outcome. It's a card that tells you that you're strong enough, and not to take anyone's ****. I think I can do this. I mean, she's sitting on a dragon looking smug as can be! I'll have to learn how to firmly set boundaries, though, which is something I haven't been very good at when there's a power dynamic like this.
Old 31-03-2018, 08:04 AM
55Degrees

I think the Queen if Swords is more likely to be you (if it's in the future position).
Maybe, given some time to settle in, you'll feel more inclined to make your boundaries known to your boss.
QofS is someone who will speak her mind. It could be you reach that point where you have to remind him you work 9-5, and when that clock strikes 5pm you're finished.
You obviously have the skills to bring some organisation to this man's chaotic work environment. But I get the sense that you're going to stand up for yourself and let him know what you are willing to do and what you are not.

I also get the feeling that his attitude towards his ex and his mother probably triggers something in him, (fear of change possibly). Workaholics usually use work as a means of avoiding other issues and these 2 women possibly recognise this.

Sorry for the off tangent ramble, but I hope the QofS gives you something to consider.
Old 31-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Master
Well looking at the cards, you don't give up but also carrying burden for more than is your share from your surroundings, and it might have happened before as well.
I feel what you picked about him and his exes here is rather a challenge that you might have to face on some level , as in this will play in the dynamic between you and him, because it is there, but you will realize through this situation soon, that you do have stronger boundaries and can handle this situation and strike balance in your interactions with your new boss. There will not be similar attachments for you that these two women have perhaps ( queen of swords ) It's not something you cannot handle or are not ready for ( queen of wands )
In the near future, I feel you will be more at ease, sooner than you expect right now. Just give yourself some time to adjust to this new environment, after the initial phase of adjustment it will be much easier.