Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:48 PM
e-ma

Psychedelics

Hello to all,

I wasn't sure where to post this thread. Basically, my introduction to spirituality came after using psychedelics. I think that they helped to give me the first insight into what it was all about, opened up my third eye, and allowed me to experience the Astral Plain.

I recently spoke to a well respected medium about this, and she gave me some interesting points to ponder. She said that what psychedelic drugs do is seperate the soul from the body, and so your consciousness rises up and above your head, which you then have to re-integrate. So although you might be having an amazing, profound experience, it really isn't natural, or timely, and you'll only be opening yourself up to the lower realms.

This really seems to make sense.

I just wondered, with trepidation, what kind of thoughts or opinions others on here might have on the subject?

Many thanks
Old 09-08-2006, 06:55 PM
dreamer

Psychadelics and ecstacy saved me from a life of misery, gave me a better perspective on life and set me on the right path. I'm not saying they are the answer but I do think that if everyone in the world took a pill and some acid at the same time it would create a change for the better and solve a lot of problems.

Now I know that this will be shouted down as being irresponsible by some, but sometimes in a world without too much love a chemical can provide a taste of something never dreamt of before - something that can be aspired to and worked towards.

As far as i'm concerned drugs are created to give people looking for answers some pointers to where they want to go. Its people not looking for answers that can get in trouble.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:07 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Psychadelics and ecstacy saved me from a life of misery, gave me a better perspective on life and set me on the right path. I'm not saying they are the answer but I do think that if everyone in the world took a pill and some acid at the same time it would create a change for the better and solve a lot of problems.

Now I know that this will be shouted down as being irresponsible by some, but sometimes in a world without too much love a chemical can provide a taste of something never dreamt of before - something that can be aspired to and worked towards.

As far as i'm concerned drugs are created to give people looking for answers some pointers to where they want to go. Its people not looking for answers that can get in trouble.

Sorry dreamer but I am going have to declare that is an irresponsible message. Drugs are not the answer. It is true that for some who go down the path of drug-taking, it can set up back onto the right path but this is only because using drugs gives the mind something otherworldly to ponder, if you understand what I mean.

Drugs actually force the kundalini energy up from the root-chakra. Since this isn't a guided contolled exercise, the resulting energy can lead to severe mental health problems such as depression and sadly, madness.

Drugs are not the answer. The negative energy experienced by drugs, i believe has a magnetic effect on the environment around us so that we begin to attract darker energies and entities to us. Quite simply, the chemicals in ecstasy are not monitored, some of the dealers to make more cash, can inject small amounts of heroin into the pill to create an addictive effect.

Btw, just in case you think I don't know what I am talking about, I have done most drugs.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:50 PM
e-ma

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
The negative energy experienced by drugs, i believe has a magnetic effect on the environment around us so that we begin to attract darker energies and entities to us.

Kundalini, I have a feeling that this was what the medium was alluding to when she mentioned that the psychedelics opened me up to the lower realms. I believe that the taking of psychedelics had something to do with my Kundalini awakening too - as you said, drawing up the energy from the root. I'm glad that it happened - I am completely humbled by the experiences I've had - and would in no way trade my newfound knowledge for the world.. but I think that now, with hindsight I realise how seriously I was playing with fire.

As you said, the forcing upwards of the energy can cause depression and madness - I spent the most part of a year thinking that I was going insane and behaving in a very erratic / schizophrenic way, though I'm now slowly getting better, with the help of medication and Reiki and healing sessions.

Can I ask, how do you know that the drugs draw the negative, darker energies towards you? Is this something that you have experienced first hand? I have experienced some horribly dark states which I never want to experience again! And have been feeling more and more that the drugs were to blame.

Thanks again for the reply - Dreamer, I know what you're saying about drugs allowing you to experience an altered state, or giving you a taste of bliss. As I said, psychedelics opened the doors of perception for me, though I would never suggest them to the serious spiritual aspirant because of the serious flaws and problems (above).
Old 11-08-2006, 04:14 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelytraveller
Thanks for the replies.

Kundalini, I have a feeling that this was what the medium was alluding to when she mentioned that the psychedelics opened me up to the lower realms. I believe that the taking of psychedelics had something to do with my Kundalini awakening too - as you said, drawing up the energy from the root. I'm glad that it happened - I am completely humbled by the experiences I've had - and would in no way trade my newfound knowledge for the world.. but I think that now, with hindsight I realise how seriously I was playing with fire.

As you said, the forcing upwards of the energy can cause depression and madness - I spent the most part of a year thinking that I was going insane and behaving in a very erratic / schizophrenic way, though I'm now slowly getting better, with the help of medication and Reiki and healing sessions.

Can I ask, how do you know that the drugs draw the negative, darker energies towards you? Is this something that you have experienced first hand? I have experienced some horribly dark states which I never want to experience again! And have been feeling more and more that the drugs were to blame.

Thanks again for the reply - Dreamer, I know what you're saying about drugs allowing you to experience an altered state, or giving you a taste of bliss. As I said, psychedelics opened the doors of perception for me, though I would never suggest them to the serious spiritual aspirant because of the serious flaws and problems (above).

Thanks for your reply lonelytraveller. In response to your questions, yes I have experienced those states firsthand through the use of drugs. At the time, I thought I was hallucinating. I have now come to believe that I was attracting dark energies.

Daisy, a resident medium at these forums told me I have a little spirit boy that follows me around. When I was hallucinating I used to see - a little spirit boy!

I also use to see dark entities which would try to scare me too. Now, I was already 'into' the psychic and spiritual ways of thinking before I took drugs. When I took these drugs over a prolonged period of time, I was also attempting to open my third eye using an amethyst crystal when NOT under the influence of drugs but nevertheless, around the same period of time.

I do not know if I had a Kundalini Awakening or if I forced the energies upto quickly but I knew that I was messing around with things I should not have been messing around with.

It took a long time for me to stabilise my thinking and I think I said this in another thread, it is a long way back for those who choose to go down that path. The thing is that because I was already open to 'other worlds' and 'other ways of thinking' when I began drug-taking, it would affect me differently and possibly, more powerfully. I too have experienced those incredibly dark states that are practically indescribable. I don't just think you open up yourself to dark entites and energies when you use drugs, I KNOW a person who uses drugs does and I am not trying to sound like a KNOW-IT-ALL but no-one can tell me any different with regards to this.

Btw, I have also come to believe that hallucinations are in fact either spirits or darker entities depending on your frame of mind at that time. Whilst humans are capable of hallucinating, I believe that, in general, hallucinations whilst under the influence of drugs and especially if you're feeling negative, are nothing but dark energies and entities.

Think about this though - Why is it when we hallucinate, we cannot turn them off, you know, just stop hallucinating? It's because the hallucinations are real but are present in a different realm to this one but at the same time, here too. It may sound far-out but I am completely convinced that this is the truth.

Last edited by kundalini : 11-08-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:57 AM
e-ma

Wow. Thanks for the reply. It's not a matter of sounding like a know-it-all.. It's just first hand experience which leads to knowingness. I have often thought that anyone can read and learn and then quote a teaching. But all that I am absolutely certain of is my own personal experience. That is all I know to be the absolute truth.

It took me ages to finally reach the conclusion that the drugs weren't a good thing. I thought for a long time that they were truly the answer, the best gift that mankind had ever formulated. I became angry when people suggested that they were a bad route into spirituality. But, little by little, I learned stuff and experienced stuff which counteracted all of the amazing good I thought they were doing.

Firstly, the person that I considered to be my spiritual teacher could at times be completely terrifying. I put his evil side down to the fact that he had a terrible childhood, and not down to the immense amounts of psychedelics he was taking. Sometimes, he would look at me with pure hatred, from a depth I had never seen before. It would render me speechless and take months to finally kick and scream out of my system again.

Secondly, the teachers in the books who relied on acid to get themselves into the spiritual realms seem to be messed up. I've noticed in particular that they have wonky vision, fragmented personalities, and seem to seperate into two definite modes of consciousness, but never harmonising the two. It seems a very harsh and unnatural state of being - there's something quite odd about it.

Next are my own traumatic experiences. I began to think that perhaps I was being possessed by an evil spirit. I would stare maliciously dead into peoples' eyes and hold the stare. There were no thoughts in my head, but all I could feel was a dark, dark energy. This is all completely out of character. I'm a nice, easy-going girl who's never wanted for an argument in her life. It all reminded me of the Exorcist or something, where this normal girl suddenly switches into Satan. I am still trying to get myself out of this state - it still happens every now and then, and I have to hide the expression on my face because I know that in the middle of a conversation, I am switching into evil. I feel sorry, and concerned for my Reiki therapist. Yesterday after my Reiki session she had to sit down, exhausted and I was terrified that she had taken on board some of my badness. She said that she had taken out some bad stuff. I felt really guilty coming home.

Yeah - it really is such a long road back from that place. When I look back at how long and hard I have fought, for almost a year to come back from non-functionality to relative normality it is just crazy. Like a journey of a thousand steps, or climbing a mountain. I'm really glad that I chose to come back though, because staying there would have been disastrous.

That's interesting about the hallucinations. I know how it is to have your vision keep changing all of the time. I get visual distortion as in HPPD, which I thought were after effects of the acid, but apart from that I just get blackout type experiences where I am engulfed in static and white light. The medium told me that if I go further in to this, that's where you can see spirits and whatnot. I am completely interested in that, but I feel as though I should be concentrating on getting back to normal first!

One thing is that I find it so hard to relate to people now. So much so, that I am pretty much silent most of the time. When I do say something, it comes out so harsh and evil - almost as if my sentences go through a filter and all of the nice feeling is taken out and all that comes out of my mouth is this hard, unfeeling statement. I am a stranger to myself sometimes. It just makes me want to lock myself in a room and never come out again. It really is such a nightmare.

Thanks again
Old 12-08-2006, 02:58 PM
kundalini

That's a really interesting and deep reply. Also, thanks for understanding that I wasn't trying to push my thoughts on you but just explaining my views from the standpoint of my experiences.

To be honest, you seem to me to be very 'together' if that is the right word. This is another part of the problem of going down the 'drugs' path. It absolutely twists a person's self-image if they go down that road far enough.

This is because whilst drugs heighten the senses, because it is not controlled, it heightens them too much and begins to affect a person's perceptions in a negative way. That includes perceptions of themselves. It makes sense to me though that a person can put all this to rights through controlled exercies relating to these aspects of the mind.

I myself have never had a spiritual teacher, at least not in the physical realm anyway! Regardless, these 'teachers' you speak of who reach states through the use of drugs are deluding themselves if they think it is doing them any good in the long-term.

For a start, those who bear true spiritual gifts can perform miracles at any given moment in time, not whilst under the influence of narcotics.

Drugs not only turn people against other people but they also turn people against themselves and this is when a lack of self-love develops. Once that happens, well...from the way you said how you felt sometimes, this seems to be talking about exactly that.

Self-love however can be brought back into being through a variety of techniquees. One is through working with the colour 'pink'. It's wavelength helps to heal those aspects of yourself which you may hate for it is the colour of 'love'. Maybe you should look into 'colour therapy', if you have the time.

I've got to say this is a most interesting subject and it is really one that gets me thinking, so thanks for starting this thread. Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:08 PM
e-ma

Hey, yeah, that is so true about a person's self-image being distorted! That made me shudder when I thought about it, the way that my feelings of who I am have changed, the death that I feel I've died since all of this began.

It's interesting, but today I was doing some more research into psychedelics (I could go on about it all day) and came across a forum for HPPD sufferers, that's Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder, and spent some time reading the posts there. Oh wow! How interesting was it to discover what other people have been going through. The symptoms of it so closely resemble those of a Kundalini awakening that there were several posts there by people who said 'I always thought that I'd had a Kundalini awakening, but now this?..' The confusion and despair in sufferers and the lack of recognition & understanding in the medical field was only too apparent - really fascinating stuff.

You're right about the teachers doing themselves harm.. I guess when I referred to that person as being my spiritual teacher, that's what I thought he was at the time, and he definitely 'woke me up'.. but as for being a good teacher, I think it turned out that he was nothing more than a kid on a power trip. Still, you live, you learn..

Thanks for the advice on the pink, I am interested in Colour Therapy and was surrounded by purple in my last healing session for work on the crown which was amazing, really healing.

I know, this is such a mad topic with such depth, and rarely is it possible to talk to someone similar. It's a very lonely path in a way.
Old 14-08-2006, 07:24 AM
Enlightener

I've been down the drug path and over the brink of insanity. It was the most amazing experience of my life. A mental journey of epic proportions all inside my own little world. I raised the kundalini energy up my spine through the use of marijuana and eventually opened my third eye. It was a real amazing experience. I also had drug induced psychosis at the same time I opened my third eye. Most people view or say that mental illness is a really negative thing but I had a ball of a time being mentally ill. What's to say you can't have fun and be totally out of it at the same time. :)

Enlightener
Old 14-08-2006, 06:33 PM
e-ma

God I wish I had your sense of 'confidence in madness'. It does have its benefits. I mean, all of your social anxieties are quashed when you're the lunatic running aroung naked with antlers on your head. And you don't have to bother going to the cinema when you're seeing in 4D and hearing voices.
Closed Thread