Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 30-10-2010, 04:25 PM
SilverAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I'm certainly not claiming to be an expert nor to speak for other Reiki Masters, I am simply expressing my personal opinion Long distance healing is not the same as an attunement.

I agree with you. I had so far 3 students they went through a distance attunement and didn´t know what to do when they got confused. One student tried to contact it´s "distance" Teacher and got an rude reply which told him to look it up in the Booklet he had received with his purchase.

I think this is all a testament of the new electronical time we are living in and we just have to look out for the Pitfalls and listen to our own inner Guidance/Wisdom to see them before we fall in.

Love & Blessing
Old 30-10-2010, 06:30 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAngel
No its not the SAME energy.

Silver, we are on the same page and in complete accord

Everything you say in your post is accurate from what I've experienced with this healing modality I first became certified in in 1990. My own training and that which I have experienced as a Reiki Master/Teacher is aligned with everything you said. Also, as I said in my original post on this topic, those who acquire Reiki certification online are often very insecure about their ability to channel the Reiki energy and seem to lack the confidence to put it to good use. I ask myself why that might be, and I believe it is because they were not given attunements in the proper ritualistic way, in a space that's been prepared, cleared and sanctified in advance. Long distance attunements don't always "take", in other words. It's also been my experience that those certified in that manner (i.e., over the Internet, from a distance) ask many questions about how the process works (the giving of Reiki)... questions which... had they been properly trained, attuned, and taught... they would know the answers to!
Old 30-10-2010, 06:33 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAngel
I agree with you. I had so far 3 students they went through a distance attunement and didn´t know what to do when they got confused. One student tried to contact it´s "distance" Teacher and got an rude reply which told him to look it up in the Booklet he had received with his purchase.

I think this is all a testament of the new electronical time we are living in and we just have to look out for the Pitfalls and listen to our own inner Guidance/Wisdom to see them before we fall in.

Love & Blessing

Yes, but it's a trend that disturbs me, because a time-honored tradition is being diluted and made less effective, and if this trend continues, one day there will be no one living who remembers the proper way to pass attunements
Old 30-10-2010, 07:35 PM
SoaringSpirit

Well then SilverAngel and LightFilledHeart I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this matter....

You obviously both feel very strongly about YOUR opinions, but I feel just as strongly about mine....And MY distant (and in person) students are always welcome to contact me at any time to have any questions answered.

Last edited by SoaringSpirit : 30-10-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:46 AM
sunny shine

Cant we ask the recipient to energize their room by teaching appropriate cleansing rituals before a distant attunement? but yes we seem to like it and respond better when it is direct and in person and having a master do helps in many ways to share experience, ask questions etc.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:18 AM
SoaringSpirit

Sunny Shine, although I know others may not agree, it is possible to cleanse, energize and prepare a room from a distance and the student can also do things on his/her side as well to be ready.

I have done many different types of workings at a distance and know many others who do too....
Old 01-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Master
wow! I'm sure you can soaringspirit! I know from first hand expierence you do great work :)

This is a bit OT (general cleansing home/aura) just wanted to ask do you think smudging & light invocation is an appopriate way to cleanse a home? will it get rid lower entities? any method of getting rid of them? thank you!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:33 PM
SoaringSpirit

Awwwww *BLUSH* Thanks Rosewater :-)

What I do in general cleansing, is to stand in the middle of the house, then use intent and visualization to create a protective orb around myself. I then extend the orb out from my body till it extends to the outer limits of the property. If done correctly, this will 'bump out' any minor nasties that are in the house (more major problems will need to be dealt with differently).

I then set up a more permanent protection and do cleansing inside with smudging and a bell to activate 'dead' energy areas (or any other cleansing or rituals you prefer).
Old 01-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Master
Thank you :)! i will try that! do you do something to bring in postive energy into the hosue afterwards? or protective?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:56 AM
SoaringSpirit

I don't do anything specific to bring in positive energy, but I do have plenty of crystals all over my house and I try to be positive and because like attracts like, positivity will come in.

For protection, I have crystal wards buried around my property which create a protective grid. I also use a protective orb around myself and my property, as well as some of the crystals inside.