Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 23-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Cradle

Did I really see this or was it my imagination?

My mother passed away from breast cancer 9 days before my 7th birthday. She had been battling it for 2 1/2 years. I don't think I really ever really understood what was happening and don't think I really ever fully understood until I turned about 15. Anyways, my mother passed on Jan. 4, 1998. I had an older sister by 4 years and my father. My father had a girlfriend 1 month later in February, whom I met at the rodeo along with her 2 year old daughter (Taylor).

One night, when my father's girlfriend and her daughter stayed over, they decided to put Taylor and I in the same bedroom. I slept on the top bunk and she slept on the bottom.

I don't remember exactly when this happened or if I was 7 or 8 at this point in time. I don't know how long it had been since my mom had passed away. It could have been a couple months or it could have been a year. Anyways...

As I was sleeping (I don't know if I saw a light or if I felt a presence of someone in the room) but I was peaking through the railing of the top bunk bed and I saw this light. Bright bright white light in the form of a person and the light was radiating off of this person and she floated from the door way to in front of my closet doors. I saw her and it was my mother. I was so scared and I hid my head under the covers.

But, at the same time I wanted to look again. So I peaked again. When I peaked this time She was still there, smiling at me, I want to say I could see wings, but I can't remember if I did or didn't.

The next thing I saw was my father. It wasn't REALLY my father, but it was almost like his spirit, but he was crawling on the ground and glowing red and had no shirt on, but red tightie whities and as he crawled towards my mom he reached one arm up to her. I was so scared I jumped down from the top bunk, onto the floor surpassing the figures and into my older sisters bedroom. I climbed into bed with her and frantically trying to explain to her what I had just experienced.

She told me that it was just a dream and to go back to sleep. So I cuddled up next to her and put the covers over my head. I then felt a presence behind me and I was almost in tears. I could see a glowing through the covers but stayed put. Then I felt a hand petting my hair. It did it three times and the next thing I can now remember is that i fell asleep and woke up the next morning. When I woke up there was a stool beside the side of the bed I had slept on.

No one asked me why I had slept with my older sister and she didn't ask. So I went about my way and never talked it again until I recently went to see a medium and he said that the red from my father was the energy my mother need to show herself to me. And that I really did see her.

What do you all think? Was it real or my imagination? And how come when I want to see her now and I ask her to show herself to me she wont?
Old 24-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Cradle

Does no one know?

I have 29 people that have looked at my thread, but no one has replied to it. Does no one have an answer? Or was it too much to read?
Old 25-04-2014, 04:45 AM
Experiencer
Well, I'm no expert but my mom took care of her nieces and nephew when her sister-in-law passed away(breast cancer too). And she told me that the youngest niece once was playing outside then came back to sit quietly having a odd look on her face. When asked about she said she went back 'cause her mom told she would injure herself, to go inside. She(3y) and her older(8y) sister were trying to climb a table. The older niece later told the same story.
Their older brother never saw anything 'cause when he heard about it he said something like:
"Stop, older's sister name. My mom is dead. I don't like ghosts. I'm afraid of them. I don't want to see them."

I just read your post, and I think that yes, probably your mom. Why wouldn't a mother like to visit their children? Especially the one she thought needed her the most in that moment?
But that's just my opinion. About your father and energy I have no idea.

Maybe she can't come to see you right now. Some years have passed since she died. Try speaking to her, writing a letter, I'm sure she will listen and speak to your heart.
Old 25-04-2014, 07:32 AM
primrose

Cradle, sorry this is belated, I believe you saw your mother, she was letting you know that she was now well, and sending you love, as children we're more open to receiving these images, because you don't see her now could be that she has moved on, I'm not sure what the image of your father meant. Maybe what the Medium told you was right.
Old 25-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Guide
Cradle,
Having to cope with the loss of a parent is hard enough to deal with on it's own. Having to cope with the loss so close to your birthday makes the trauma worse. Having lived through this experience myself, loosing my father one day after mine, I know the feeling. And you were so young, I was much older, I think the trauma would be far worse for you to deal with at such a tender age. She came to you to let you know she was still there watching over you.

I have to agree with what Primrose said about children being more open and therefore more able to see things that as adults we can not. We have been conditioned by life to shut these abilities off for fear of being deemed crazy.

I would stop worrying about "did it happen or didn't it" and concentrate more on the gift it gave you, seeing her one last time, free from pain.
Old 28-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Cradle

Thank you

Thank you all so much for giving me your ideas and for saying the things you did. I believe you are all right about what each of you said. And Pendulum Princess, thank you for this comment
"I would stop worrying about "did it happen or didn't it" and concentrate more on the gift it gave you, seeing her one last time, free from pain."
I never looked at it that way and it made me tear up when you said that.
Old 30-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Seeker

Cradle, I feel your energy coming through this post. I get the idea that this amazing experience is something you have wondered about for a long time. You were there, you know you were, but the actual rationality of it and the lack of understanding makes you almost reject the idea that it did in fact take place. Pendelum Princess is right, sometimes we have to just forget rationality and follow our hearts.

Your heart will tell you what is right and guide your pathway to truth. Now that you are receiving acknowledgement for your expereince, perhaps it will open you up to even greater awareness. I wish you the best on your journey.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Knower
I had a very similar experience. My mom died when I was 10 and she came to my bedside the night of her funeral and "talked to me in my head instead of my ears" as I explained it from a 10 year olds perspective. She told me that I would never see her again because she was leaving. The only difference in your experience and mine is that I wasn't scared at all. And now almost 40 years later I lost my dad about a month ago and EVERY video I have made has from about 20 orbs in a single 6 minute video (just videos of my little grandbaby or of my dads hospital room the night he died) to videos with literally hundreds of orbs flying through the room. They are beautiful and I have no idea what to think about this
Old 04-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Master
Consider... Who you really are.
http://www.angelsghosts.com/angels_what_are_they.html

I live in a "Dark Sky" area where the Stars are pretty clear and evident at night.
Tonight I went out and I looked in one direction and noted my Mom's constellation sign, and thought about her, who has passed on.
I looked back to the south and over my constellation sign, and a shooting star appeared in blazing splendor.

"I said out loud, smiling, "I saw that!"

Science today tells us that time is illusory, along with space. Consider this when you read at the above link.

Also? Stars throughout the scriptures, represent both angels, and people, alike.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-05-2014, 07:31 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cradle
My mother passed away from breast cancer 9 days before my 7th birthday. She had been battling it for 2 1/2 years. I don't think I really ever really understood what was happening and don't think I really ever fully understood until I turned about 15. Anyways, my mother passed on Jan. 4, 1998. I had an older sister by 4 years and my father. My father had a girlfriend 1 month later in February, whom I met at the rodeo along with her 2 year old daughter (Taylor).

One night, when my father's girlfriend and her daughter stayed over, they decided to put Taylor and I in the same bedroom. I slept on the top bunk and she slept on the bottom.

I don't remember exactly when this happened or if I was 7 or 8 at this point in time. I don't know how long it had been since my mom had passed away. It could have been a couple months or it could have been a year. Anyways...

As I was sleeping (I don't know if I saw a light or if I felt a presence of someone in the room) but I was peaking through the railing of the top bunk bed and I saw this light. Bright bright white light in the form of a person and the light was radiating off of this person and she floated from the door way to in front of my closet doors. I saw her and it was my mother. I was so scared and I hid my head under the covers.

But, at the same time I wanted to look again. So I peaked again. When I peaked this time She was still there, smiling at me, I want to say I could see wings, but I can't remember if I did or didn't.

It's probably not your imagination. Many people report seeings many different things after their loved ones pass away. There was this guy, Erik, he passed away, and then came back in the spirit form and talks to people now, through a medium. It's very much fun (he loves to crack jokes) and it's very educational about the spirit life and everything. If you type on youtube: channeling erick about spirits... you will find the videos.

People appear as lights to us when they are in the spirit form.

My own understanding of this is this: our brain can sometimes visualize abstract things. And it visualizes consciousness as light. Even though consiousness and light itself are different things, we can see them as the same with our mental eyes. So that's why many people see many beings as light. But they are actually "seeing" their consciousness. (Seeing aura around a person's face is the same idea, they are seeing consciousness of the person).