Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-03-2012, 02:28 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermay
Oh, I like this.
I too believe that imagination is very powerful!
I think that if one has this kind of thing - one can sometimes manifest things even in a physical world - some masters of occult science did this (I read it somewhere).
It is said - if you can imagine you can do something without using your mind analytically - then you can do that physically indeed.

How true do you think is that?

Metaphysics entirely aside, every grand idea and incredible invention and transcendent moment of creativity humankind has ever come up with started out in somebody's imagination. How much more power do you want?

CS
Old 08-03-2012, 02:47 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
There are two ways to look at this. First is your way, that things happen to us and we have neither choice nor say in the matter. If this is true, this implies that life is random, bad things just "happen to happen", and (most importantly) whatever version of the Divine you believe in either sits back and lets this all occur (with full knowledge of it) or is powerless to stop it.

Then there's my way of looking at Life. IMHO, everything that happens to every person occurs because, at some level, they have chosen for it to. Why? Because there is something in this Now-Moment that they wish to experience, or because this Now-Moment will create othewise-impossible opportunities for experience in the future. Yes, no one would logically choose to be raped, for example, but they would if (at their soul-level) they knew what opportunities and experiences would occur only if they were raped. Perhaps their emotional recovery will draw some vital new person into their lives. Perhaps they will find purpose in helping others recover from similar abuse. Or perhaps (and these are the kindest of souls) they allow this to happen to them in order to give others the experiences they desire. Where could a soul who wishes to experience being kind and helpful gain such an opportunity but from another soul who requires kindness and help?

So we have here two worldviews. In one, life is random and senseless. In the other, even the most horrible events occur because it is perfect that they do so.

CS

I didn't say I believed it was random and senseless. I don't see it as being black or white. I do think we can create and draw situations/people to ourselves. In the astral, thought and emotion definitely has influence on what happens to us. The same happens in real life on a certain level, but I don't think that's all there is to it. Bad things happen to good people quite often, where there cannot be any karma linked...like getting randomly mugged, being in a car accident, catching an illness, sudden death syndrome, or infant miscarriage. It's possible to reason with this as being fate of some kind and a way to learn, but not necessarily self-drawn/created. But you can consider pretty much anything as being a learning experience and that could still mean that life is completely random :P ..Or not. I don't know.
Quote:
Which view gives us greater hope and peace?
I believe/assume and speculate things based on experience, but I don't choose to view it these ways in order to comfort myself. For all I know, the truth might not be so great... but perhaps it is. I'm not sure.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:49 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3yond33
Well said, CuriousSnowflake. I drew this situation to me and I accept that. With intent, belief and visualization, I will free myself from this. The problem is that I'm not sure if my will to accomplish this goal is strong enough with my care-free attitude toward everything. Also, what adds to the difficulty of focusing to make this change occur, is the actual situation itself, the extreme intensity of it all.

As you believe, so it becomes. Not trying to sound harsh, but do you think expressing your doubts helps? Like I said earlier, it's all about focus. Unfocused mind + astral stuff = recipe for unpleasantness. Every thought is like a resonance wave, amplifying or diminishing everything around you. Focusing your thoughts is like turning regular light into a laser; everything comes into phase.

And it's not just thoughts, that's just 1/3 of our creative tools. Words and actions also create our experience. To create most effectively, thought, word and deed need to all work together. Doubt is the enemy of all creativity. Think of it as another resonance wave, but precisely out of phase so everything is negated. So the key is to banish doubt, to have perfect confidence. This is how "magic spells" work; they create a ritualized structure so that thought, word and action all work in harmony, then end just as ritually so that doubt has no opportunity to disrupt what is being created.

So here is the key; create the protections you need to remove this influence from your space, use visualization (thought), speech (word) and ritual (action) in the creation, and most importantly, once you are done, let it go. Great creatives, great athletes, great performers, they do not look back upon what they have done. They act, then release. If you want to succeed, you need to do the same. Trust, release, believe.

CS
Old 08-03-2012, 03:34 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthatic
I didn't say I believed it was random and senseless. I don't see it as being black or white. I do think we can create and draw situations/people to ourselves. In the astral, thought and emotion definitely has influence on what happens to us. The same happens in real life on a certain level, but I don't think that's all there is to it. Bad things happen to good people quite often, where there cannot be any karma linked...like getting randomly mugged, being in a car accident, catching an illness, sudden death syndrome, or infant miscarriage. It's possible to reason with this as being fate of some kind and a way to learn, but not necessarily self-drawn/created. But you can consider pretty much anything as being a learning experience and that could still mean that life is completely random :P ..Or not. I don't know.

Karma aside (that's another subject) you can't have it both ways. You can't say "this is random, but this has purpose", because then who decides which is which? The one deciding, really, is you. You're saying "I understand this, so therefore I think it has purpose. I don't understand that, so I'm gonna say it's random". This is not a statement of truth, but an expression of the limitations of our perceptions. But it's really very simple; if even one thing is random, that opens Pandora's Box of senselessness and powerlessness. To quote Richard Bach, "The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthatic
I believe/assume and speculate things based on experience, but I don't choose to view it these ways in order to comfort myself. For all I know, the truth might not be so great... but perhaps it is. I'm not sure.

Well, let's be honest here; this is all conjecture. I don't "know" anything, I just have ideas that are logical and that bring me joy and peace. But most people like surety, so let's set that aside and put it this way. Which belief makes more sense, a purposeful world or a random one? Which speaks more truly as to the nature of the Divine, powerlessness or fickleness, or benevolent omnipotence? I like logic, but then again, I'm an archetypical Aquarian.

CS
Old 08-03-2012, 05:43 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
Karma aside (that's another subject) you can't have it both ways. You can't say "this is random, but this has purpose", because then who decides which is which? The one deciding, really, is you. You're saying "I understand this, so therefore I think it has purpose. I don't understand that, so I'm gonna say it's random". This is not a statement of truth, but an expression of the limitations of our perceptions. But it's really very simple; if even one thing is random, that opens Pandora's Box of senselessness and powerlessness. To quote Richard Bach, "The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly"

Well, let's be honest here; this is all conjecture. I don't "know" anything, I just have ideas that are logical and that bring me joy and peace. But most people like surety, so let's set that aside and put it this way. Which belief makes more sense, a purposeful world or a random one? Which speaks more truly as to the nature of the Divine, powerlessness or fickleness, or benevolent omnipotence? I like logic, but then again, I'm an archetypical Aquarian.

CS

It could also depend on what is purposefully done, what is not on purpose, what is set on course of action, and then things we just don't have the ability to comprehend and predict (like forces of nature). After all, in quantum mechanics, things do appear to be pretty random and senseless. This is just theory/conjecture, like you said.

I've had spiritual experiences that revealed to me that this physical existence is an illusion and doesn't really matter, but also that it's a learning experience I should be grateful to have, and that life is an amazing thing...as for all possible meanings, you get into a subjective area.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Master
I never understood how people with no experience dealing with actual Negs think they know how to get rid of them, or what they "really" are.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Sangress

Quote:
I never understood how people with no experience dealing with actual Negs think they know how to get rid of them, or what they "really" are.

They could have made the negs themselves subconsciously. In astral and other places the negs are apparently known as "gollums"...basically constructs made with artificial intelligence by another being and usually act indipendantly to that being whilst existing on a core of that beings energy. But they tend to fall appart without maintenance, so they soon have to collect other energies to "patch" themselves up. Reminds me of a metaphysical frankenstein really.

What I dont understand is why they would make something that is harmfull to them. Perhaps their soul wants some target practice and is too lazy to actually go out and find a "real" neg? Or perhaps those types of negs are never really dangerious at all and an illusion?

As for that theory about drawing things to you and creating your own reality. I agree with parts of it.

I tend to think that occurences outside our control, like others actions and the consequence of others actions as well as natural/universal phenominons, do exist and that certain things do happen that we cant consciously plan for. There are always accidents.

Then there are things that our souls connect to and guide us toward in order to fullfill a need of some sort. Usually those kinds of things are easy to defferentiate from the former because of the emotional attachment and sense of expectation that comes with "attracting" or "moving toward" certain events/individuals/locations.

Thats just my opinion though, so take it however you like.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Master
So when Mara came and tempted the Buddha I suppose the Buddha created an army of Negs to attack him? And he created Mara too? And thousands of experiences with Poltergeists those people created artificial intelligence that could throw objects around the room?

I have dealt with creations in the astral and from all my experience Negs are something of a totally different nature. They have their own minds, their own agendas, and their own desires. I would not know any of this had I not had daily dealings with one not of my own creation. I hate to repeat myself but I truly doubt any imaginary creation could physically move objects in the physical world. If that was the case people would never attack each other in real life, they would just create something to do the job for them and never have any criminal records because of it.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:18 AM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer

Ha ha, I wish, honeybunch. I've been at this spirituality thing for almost 20 years, and I've dabbled in literally everything I could get my hands on. If you want to talk negs, here's some advice; don't ever try to do a cleansing ritual on a plane crash site unless you REALLY know what you're doing. I was only 19, like the old song says. No one got really hurt, and we all learned that lesson, sure enough.

CS
Old 09-03-2012, 01:52 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress

What I dont understand is why they would make something that is harmfull to them. Perhaps their soul wants some target practice and is too lazy to actually go out and find a "real" neg? Or perhaps those types of negs are never really dangerious at all and an illusion?

The soul does it to focus our attention! :^) Think about it, what rivets our attention and snaps us to the present better than fear? It's in the
"present" where our experience is crystallized! For those here who lucid dream and astral project what's the one thing that's common in all of these
experiences!? The sharp experience of "being totally present"! The better we can cleanly focus in this regard the cleaner our experience will be!

I'm not sure I'm on board with the spooks that have been mentioned... I only ran into what seemed to be a "nasty" once, felt it was waiting for me when I
drifted-from-body, but I'm still very open to it's being a reflection of my need to "snap-to". It sure did that! Nothing like that has happened since and
that was well over 35 years ago.

My experiences have all been down-right cool! I don't do them on demand.. I just snap to attention when they naturally occur... try to
mentally record everything that's going on, and continually try and control the excitement... that part is hard! Uncontrolled enthusiasm will
bring me out of it... I guess the body responds by quickening the pulse or something?

Much of my training-ground for orienting to this state was done primarily through lucid dreaming... loads of those... learned to fly using energy
gradients to control height... the lighter you think, the higher and faster you go... Something like the Peter Pan effect "think happy thoughts" :^)