Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Osian

Why cant i do it?

I try to meditate but my head keeps getting random thoughts popping in all the time, i relax in the bath, i use crystals and try to switch off, i can fall asleep but i cant meditate. Im trying to get over my ex, thats not helping. Any ideas please??
Old 27-12-2011, 03:45 AM
The Mind is very powerful. It needs something more powerful than ''it'' to hold your attention....kind of like if you're trying to get over a lost love - it's easier when somene more interesting comes along ---- then it's easy to forget your last partner.

But what grabs the attention of the Mind ?

If you are interested in a project - say, a painting or working under the hood of a car...someone can come up to you and
you don't hear a word they are saying bec your interest in your project is grabbing all your focus, right?

Same thing - find something more captivatng than the
thoughts your Mind tries to distract you with.

You might find threads here on the Inner Sound Current - that might grab your attention....or breathing techniques...when you start feeling the peaceful sensations that come with proper breath work - your thoughts will slow way down...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-12-2011, 04:13 AM
Master
Maybe if you try to meditate without trying to get over anything, just let what is, there be, fall into the silence, if thoughts of your X arises, let them be, and let them go, just watch them without taking ownership.
Old 27-12-2011, 05:54 AM
contentest

When something is really nagging at you, I find that allowing those thoughts to run their course usually makes them go away (and also leads to insights about the subject) once they're done. As long as they are going somewhere, and not just running in circles. (Which they often do when you try to keep them away.)
Old 27-12-2011, 05:57 AM
angel62

Hi horse lover i agree with miis H distract the thought patterns doing something you like doing and ease the thoughts and work from there
there some rearly good medatations in the meditation area of the forum but for me guided medatations and beach waterfall cd
http://download.meditation.org.au/meditationmusic.asp try this web site they are free meditations
many blessings angel
Old 27-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by horse lover
I try to meditate but my head keeps getting random thoughts popping in all the time, i relax in the bath, i use crystals and try to switch off, i can fall asleep but i cant meditate. Im trying to get over my ex, thats not helping. Any ideas please??

Yes, you can meditate.

I'll tell you the problem with the thread Hepburn suggests. It say's this space in your belly is supposed to happen, but it might not.

The reason you believe you can not meditate is you have been ill advised that this or that or the other thing should happen, when it might not happen, and when it doesn't you are left thinking you can't meditate.

I studied anapanasati, a buddhist technique meaning mindfulness of breath, and started a thread which details the correct method... if you can feel the sensation your breath causes in your nose you can meditate.

Put attention on the nostril sensation now... there you go... you can meditate.
Old 27-12-2011, 11:08 AM
mattie

Persevere & Have Patience

Meditation is a learned skill. It isn’t as much about switching off, but mastering one’s thoughts. Have patience w/ self about this. Like anything else we learn, we get better at it the more we do it. Don’t beat your self up about not getting the results you want immediately or all the time. Continue to peel away the extraneous thoughts & persevere. Toss out the notion that you can’t do it as this will be a potent self fulfilling manifestation. Look at it like others have learned to do this & so can you. Then, KNOW you will.

In ‘Becoming Enlightened,’ pg. 31-34 the Dalai Lama discusses the 2 types on meditation, ‘one that involves analysis and another that involves just placing the mind single-pointedly on an object without any analysis. ... Some people think that meditation is merely a matter of not thinking much, but that is only one type ...; needless to say it differs greatly from analytical meditation! The value of thinking meditation is discussed. Using both types of meditation can be useful.

There are many types of meditation. Try them & use what works for you. A guided meditation can be a useful aid when learning how to do this for your self.

Multiple free meditation downloads @ multidimensions.com:
http://www.multidimensions.com/TheVi...downloads.html

823,000 results for ‘free guided meditation’:
http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Old 27-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Meditation is a learned skill. It isn’t as much about switching off, but mastering one’s thoughts. Have patience w/ self about this. Like anything else we learn, we get better at it the more we do it. Don’t beat your self up about not getting the results you want immediately or all the time. Continue to peel away the extraneous thoughts & persevere. Toss out the notion that you can’t do it as this will be a potent self fulfilling manifestation. Look at it like others have learned to do this & so can you. Then, KNOW you will.

I prefer to consider meditation a practice, and the skill required to practice is easy. (or should be easy)

Wanting results is against the fundamental, and one of the main problems is expecting a particular result, which is why describing what a result would be defeats the purpose.

Quote:
In ‘Becoming Enlightened,’ pg. 31-34 the Dalai Lama discusses the 2 types on meditation, ‘one that involves analysis and another that involves just placing the mind single-pointedly on an object without any analysis. ... Some people think that meditation is merely a matter of not thinking much, but that is only one type ...; needless to say it differs greatly from analytical meditation! The value of thinking meditation is discussed. Using both types of meditation can be useful.

There are many types of meditation. Try them & use what works for you. A guided meditation can be a useful aid when learning how to do this for your self.

Multiple free meditation downloads @ multidimensions.com:
http://www.multidimensions.com/TheVision/meditationdownloads.html

823,000 results for ‘free guided meditation’:
http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Old 27-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Administrator
I meditate to Native music it works for me i know someone who can only meditate by listening to Enya, the third eye meditation is very good if you cant hold your mind being quiet, you just bring your focus back to the third eye you keep doing it and you will see, that you will be able to meditate without loosing focus.

Namaste
Old 27-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Ascender

just allow your thoughts to come and go without 'trying' to.

also you need to be in the right mood and frame of mind. this break up could be stressing you out. maybe wait it out a bit and try again when you're ready in the future.

meditation isn't for everyone. if you find yourself trying to force it to happen then you really shouldn't be doing it.