Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Master
Question regarding pre-death state

When someone lies in bed in a coma, and they wake up and everything seems normal, and they fall back into the coma, and die shortly thereafter, what is that momentary "awakened state" called ?

And why does it happen ? Any thoughts ?

thanks
Old 17-07-2013, 01:01 PM
BeStill80

From my understanding, the higher self is aware when the body is going to pass. When in a coma, most of the soul is on the other side making the decision whether its their time or not. From my understanding this isn't just people who are in a coma... It can generally relate to most people who are old/sick and towards the end of their time. And this is why you'll notice many of these people trying to make amends or reaching out to people they haven't had contact with in some time.... I'm thinking that this last awakening of the person in a coma may very well be their way or opportunity to say good bye or give their loved ones some final moments together to help put them at ease.
Old 17-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Niebla0007

That sound to me more like
The Lazarus sign or Lazarus reflex, a reflex movement in dying patients, like how it normally causes them to briefly raise their arms and drop them. The phenomenon is named after the Biblical character Lazarus of Bethany, whom Jesus is described as having raised from the dead.
They may frighten those who witness the movement, and have been viewed by some as miraculous events.
Old 17-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Experiencer
Why they come back?

It could simply just be what the state the body is in and that it could cope doing this.

What it could mean? Anything from nothing if no one is there, to something, like a chance to say goodbye if loved ones happen to be around.
Old 22-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Deactivated Account
You see this in animals and birds, just before death.
There is awareness of this momentous thing approaching, causing a brief lucidity and a visible struggle, before actual death.
In fact I saw it in a Nuthatch, just two days ago. The bird - an old friend - sat in my hand for half a day, and wouldn't leave, and just before it died, it spread its wings, looked up, trembled like a hungry nestling, and then it was over.
A sad but beautiful experience, that hopefully was also shared by the Nuthatch. It certainly did seem to go quickly and easily, once it accepted it.
Old 23-07-2013, 01:07 AM
Niebla0007

I never liked watching the chickens in slaughter twitch, makes my skin crawl.
Old 23-07-2013, 02:34 AM
livingkarma

A friend of mine woke from a 2 month coma from pancreatic cancer ...
First thing she demanded was an attorney asap to draw up papers to prevent her parents from fighting her ex-husband for custody of their daughter ...
It took 3 days to finalize everything she requested; she slipped back into a coma hours later then died 2 days later ...
Her parents never told anyone if they had discussed a custody battle in Nancy's comatose state --- all that was ever said is she was adamant about her wishes ...
Her parents did try to get custody & all her belongings; it was thrown out of court before the ink was dry ...
Old 23-07-2013, 02:50 AM
Knower
People with Alzheimers or other mental difficulties sometimes also have this -- it's called pre-terminal lucidity. I've also known people to "wait" for specific things -- my brother-in-law was near death for a couple of days but wanted to leave the hospital and go home. He was finally discharged and brought home and died within an hour. People sometimes wait for a certain loved one to arrive at their bedside, or some other event.

It seems like a very strong emotional issue such as wanting to see a certain person or, in the example above, wanting to attend to something for the children, can somehow allow the brain to summon that one last effort.
Old 23-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Master
i saw that about alzheimers in a good canadian film called "Away from her" brilliant film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0491747/ after getting to the 3rd floor they are considered incommunicado...but then can retain perfect lucidity before the end.

my mother used to work in a nursing home where she saw quite a lot of death and said one ways of knowing they were going was a coffee type substance coming out of them; specifically their mouths i think

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."