Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 22-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Makoorakoo

Religion. Does it effect family life?

hiya people,

I was watching an episode of south park last night and it had shown mormons having a "perfect" family with games and switching off the tv (which is forbidden in most families lol). Mormons were compared to one of the main characters families who were protestant and thir family life had very little quality time together.

So im wondering does religion effect the way a family treats each other? I personnally believe that family and religion have no correlation apart from perhaps minor influences.

love and blessings to all
Old 30-01-2007, 05:52 AM
pepperi

hello there

I can't say that religion plays a huge part in our life but it's very important. I do feel that whatever fundamentals you teach your children they will quite possibly grow up with. However, my father surpressed our actual religion(vodou) and had me practice catholicism. It gave me some good ideas on the kind of person I want to be but not who I will become. I determined that. I believe everyone starts out with a base and then adds whatever ingredients they wish until it becomes soup!
Old 30-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Makoorakoo

nice way of putting it pepperi,
the ingredients that up the human soup lol. Well at least I know some people will taste good.

love and blessings to all
Old 04-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Nomad

None of my family were religious, and I am glad that I was left to make my own choices when I was mature enough to do so rather than being brought up under a religion.
So for me, it didnt affect family life, and if I ever have children I will try my best to have the same freedom of choice that I had, regardless of my own beliefs.
Closed Thread