Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 28-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Unfolding

Spiritual Metaphysics - New Thought

What has been your experience with New Thought / Practical Christianity which tends to interpret the Bible symbolically?

In my view, it asks participants to engage their personal responsibility in their earthly walk guided by the spirit of Truth/Divine Love.

It allows an open discussion of all aspects of spirituality.

X-ref: Ideas like: God is good and so are we; we create our own reality; we believe in prayer and meditation; God talks to us, we talk to God - what a beautiful conversation; we talk the talk and walk the walk. (Source: U/f). Values include: Prayer, love, strength, wisdom, order, life, release, understanding, choice, imagination, faith, zeal, and word (daily word) power.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Mystic Muse

Symbolic

Symbolic is the more reasonable approach and the "New Thought" is closer to the truth than most of the "old thought."

Last edited by Mystic Muse : 08-05-2015 at 10:04 PM. Reason: instant notification setting
Old 09-05-2015, 04:59 AM
I follow any New Thought author I can get my hands on.
I search for New Thought books.
Wowsa...give me a Joel S. Goldsmith book* on a deserted island anytime.

What is my experience with New Thought?
Opening, freedom, wisdom exploding, profound insight, enthrallment,
love at first sight, guidance!

*An example of his titles...Conscious Union with God,
Practicing the Presence

Other titles by NT authors...How To Play the Game of Life,
Open Your Mind to Prosperity,
Superbeings (as in, that is what we are becoming),
Discover The Power Within You,
The Dynamic Laws of Healing.

So you get a feel for New Thought subject matter.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Everly

I've been studying and practicing New Thought teachings for 25+ years. I do not ascribe to the Christian twist on New Thought (i.e., Unity), but I believe genuine New Thought is the only teaching that combines all the world's great religions, traditions and philosophies and presents these commonalities in ways that actually help people live more fulfilling lives.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

Well - until today - i had never even heard of this "New Thought" movement..lol....Thats actually quite common for me though,as I dont actually go to many external sources for this spiritual truth I seek...here - yet again though - I find a new tangeant to explore - only to find,as usual,that it ALREADY fits in with that which Im doing,thinking or beleving..A description fro Wiki of the New Thought movement :

"The concept of New Thought (sometimes known as "Higher Thought"[4]) promotes the ideas that Infinite Intelligence, or God, is everywhere, spirit is the totality of real things, true human selfhood is divine, divine thought is a force for good, sickness originates in the mind, and "right thinking" has a healing effect.[5]""

That could apply equally as a description of my own thoughts and writings..lol..Its like Iam literally led, - not to new wisdom - but to CONFIRMATION - so it seems,of things I ALREADY hold to be true...Such as here - this new thoguht movement - I quickly now go ask google aboutit - and can see straight away,the core teaching is already identical to that which I already know for sure to be truth..

I LOVE this sort of synchronicity - very reassuring - shows me I MUST be on the right path - for I have discovered these thngs on my own (so I thought,but led by this Presence always),and now I find a corroborative evidence,others have discovered identical truths about them Self,even though our paths must have been greatly divergant..

But - I can see there is a kind of "spiritual danger",can I term it that way - in followng after OTHERS in order to know the essential truth of Self and theuniverse..GNOSIS - this wisdom,cannot really be learned or taught,secondhand one to another,nor academically,written in a book...RAther,it has t be directly EXPERIENCED fist hand,to be known ina full and comfortable unshakable wa..Truth from another will never suffice - Gnosis is the living experience,and it is what our Soul desires fully - use these authors and external sources then,as signposts and confirmation markers,such as i describe - but please dont fall into the trap of beleiving they present "ultimate truth" or believing they are the end of the journey - for there is no end - we are Self Created Divine Beings - eternal - unmoving,yet ever changing - motion and rest..Do not cling to these external sources as an eternal truth,for they will no tbe that - only experience can show you the eternal nature of Self - this is Gnosis..