Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 17-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Master
Its the what's hot right now attitude that maybe some people have in society these days. You see this in the mainstream media, there is always a (It Boy or a It Girl), and maybe some people treat friendship like this! and maybe that's why people suddenly disappear! you sometimes hear actors or athletes speak about these incidents when, people just leave them after maybe they lose or their careers are not going as well!

But remember, sometimes in life people change! including yourself! so you can lose touch with people. And maybe even spiritually, your vibrations changes and you sync with different people at different times....

But for me..? if i have made a friend, as long as that person does not dis-respect me in any way........call me and i will be always there..

Last edited by MIND POWER : 17-12-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 31-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Newbie ;)

I can relate to what you say.. I find myself in this situation time and time again. I find friendships pretty quickly as im a social and chatty person, but they turn out to be quite superficial. Ive found that i hardly end up getting into cliques and have a handful of different friends. But they turn out to disappoint me and i felt like the time and energy i put into them was not being reciprocated and ive felt unappreciated and that made me drift away. Ive also found that when the interactions lack depth over time i find myself just drifting away too, and in the end i always feel like im on my own. I have a lovely family and i am grateful for that, but in terms of friendships or love life, i just havent been very successful. But i do agree that with becoming more spiritual it does tend to make you want to search for depth in the world and in other people and if you cant find it outwards you end up withdrawing inwards, which can only be a good thing really. But even so, i too cant help but feel a yearning for good friends or a partner to share life with and grow together. Oh wells, just gotta take it as it comes and take every experience as a learning point i guess :)
Old 31-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Master
I think many can relate to your situation. It's all about deciding what you want and what feels good to you.
Like others have said, you may have outgrown those friendships. If you want to create new ones, try joining groups or activities that you are currently interested in to increase the chances of you meeting like-minded individuals. If you are content with the solitude, I think that is fine also. But it is possible to have both if you so choose.
Old 31-01-2016, 09:37 PM
Master
I had a few which lasted for 20 years, but I shifted so much that we didn't fit anymore and couldn't relate to each other. It's something I've thought about several times a year through the years...friendships which were so enjoyable then faded away, often as not it was me who allowed them to fade off. Something had became repetitive and not-fresh in those friendships anymore, and in most cases it was me who put the effort into coming up with things to do, places to meet and fun events to do, so when I stopped being the 'planner' they didn't pick up the ball and run with it.

In many ways I see that having the opportunity to have so many types of friendships through the years helped me to evolve faster as a human - 'moss doesn't grow on a rolling stone' as they say. I literally made friendships at where I was on my Path at the time, so there was always lots of shared commonality. But as I shifted more those friendships faded away and then new ones came.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:32 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
A true friend is the greatest blessing.

To have a friend you must be a friend ... You have to prove your friendship by being there for them, through thick and thin; being there for them even though they may not have been there for you - and never forgetting a birthday.

I can't believe you said that.....I had a "best friend" of 12 years or so, that ended in a really nasty way. I always remembered his birthday, but he never remembered mine, then the first time I didn't contact him on his birthday(because he acted like he had better things to do when I invited him to hang out on my birthday that year) he called me ****ed off that I didn't remember his birthday.

He started screaming and shouting and throwing a tantrum, and then I ask him "when is my birthday?" and he was speechless, he just guessed and got it wrong. So then he knew he was in the wrong, but then shouted some more about irrelevant things and hung up.

That experience really disturbed me for a long time. I can't stand how selfish most people really are. Now I don't have any close friends at all, just people I see once in a while.

I think your statement should include that friends need to be mutual, because it gets pretty imbalanced when one side is always there, and the other side doesn't care, well they care about themselves....