Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 29-04-2013, 03:02 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

One thing I didn't understand until similar things happened to me was that fear plays a large roll in those situations. She needs to realize and believe that God and even angels will help her if she ask them to do so. She needs to lose her fear because that is what continues to feed what disturbs her. There are spirits or entities that want nothing more than to frighten you. There are also spirits and entities that want nothing more than to help. Truly good spirits with truly good intentions will help her if she ask the "truly good spirits or guides that are of God, his unconditional love, and light" to help her. They will guide her in the correct direction.

Last edited by Bodhi_Spirit : 29-04-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old 29-04-2013, 11:15 AM
mac

"I have a favorite niece who seems to have bumbled her way into some kind of spirit possession, or something similar. She was going through a period of "checking different things out," and was attending (sporadically, I believe) a Spiritualist Church - to find out what it's like. After toying with a Ouija board at home (on her own), she found that she began to hear voices."

My background is one of being a Spiritualist in the UK for nearly 30 years and having written online about it, and related topics, since 2003.

Your niece has nothing to fear from Spiritualism, the Spiritualist church or what Spiritualism teaches in Canada or elsewhere....

But playing with ouija boards isn't Spiritualism and that technique won't be found there. It's something that knowledgeable Spiritualists warn against, the reasons being simple but by now it's too late and she's rejected using the board anyway.

I hope she can eventually turn herself off from the unwanted attention of those she's inadvertently encouraged but it's something where she may need the support of experienced counsellors, be they from the Spiritualist fraternity or others. Her resolve is her greatest weapon but it's not easy as she's already found.

At the risk of sounding like other 'wacky' respondents, there are certain techniques that can be used to become more effectively 'switched off' but ideally they should be taught face-to-face by someone experienced and capable - not 'stuff' learned from forum pages.
Old 29-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Master
Thanks, Tobi, for the insightful and sensible discussion of the problem. You're right when you say "Then she needs to leave all this fringe spirituality well alone for the rest of her life, and concentrate instead on the true spiritual pathway and learning. (whatever that is for her)"
Yes, I think she has done so, as she has definitely been clarifying what are her main personal spiritual interests (as distinct from where her curiosity took her) - she now has a better sense of direction, I think. Getting competent help will be important, and she is trying to do so.

Izzyga, she has identified how the entity plays on her personal insecurities. So, you have a good point. I know she is seeing a healer now, from time to time, and hopefuly some of her subconscious fears and conflicts will be resolved.

Mac, good discussion and I thank you for making clear what the Spiritualist Church's position actually is. You wrote "At the risk of sounding like other 'wacky' respondents, there are certain techniques that can be used to become more effectively 'switched off' but ideally they should be taught face-to-face by someone experienced and capable - not 'stuff' learned from forum pages."
I would say that you, or others here, have not sounded wacky. I appreciate helpful input on this.
Old 15-05-2013, 08:33 PM
vision

Tobi, I ditto everything you posted. The Spiritualist church had nothing to
do w/her current situation. Playing around w/a Ouija board is very dangerous....more so if it's combined w/the use of drugs or alcohol(which
we don't know if she did). Sounds like she was wide open w/o protection
& got zapped.
Old 15-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Sangress

I think learning how to shut off her hearing and make herself unavailable to spirits would help. Meditation and mindfullness techniques could help her learn to direct her focus outward (to the spirits) or inward (inside her head, thereby closing herself off from the influence) of course it would be up to her how she learns how to do such a thing via trial and error though because everyones mind works slightly differently, so some methods are more effective than others.

alternatively she could try energy manipulation techniques such as making energetic shields. Websites teaching psionics would help for that.

Dealing with spirits myself, I find that if they dont listen then taking an internal approach like the one suggested above is often the solution (short of resorting to violence against the spirits, which usually doesnt work regardless.)

thats about all i got in the ways of suggestions.
Old 20-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_of_Here
Sure, spiritualism can get you in trouble. Most likely it will. People are stupid. They start believing their visions when they are just phantoms created by their own mind. The issue is how to get rid of them. Oh well, nobody wants to hear that the Lord's prayer is the panacea for everything. They think they are smarter than God.

then why are you here..??
Old 19-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Master
Note: this is cross-posted on the Mediumship subforum.

I'm posting on this thread again, after it has long been dormant. There have been some newer developments, but further understanding for both my neice and myself would be good. For anyone new to this thread, the story is spelled out in post #1, back on the first page.

After all the discussion earlier here on the Spiritual Forums, I gave Sally a pendant from the Sai Baba ashram in India. Someone had given me two of them, and I thought giving one to Sally to wear might mollify the chaotic entity plaguing her and perhaps also offer Sally protection for the future. Things did seem to gradually improve somewhat from that time.

Then about a month after that, I was out in Vancouver (Sally lives in that area) and Sally and I spent a four-hour evening with eighty or a hundred people who had come together to be with the healer and spiritual teacher Zhi Gang Sha. He gave each of us who were with him for the first time - about 20 people, I believe - a blessing by putting his hand on our heads, on the crown chakra.

Since that time, Sally has told me that the voice or voices still make themselves heard sometimes, but have been saying kinder things. She would still rather be without the voice, and I believe she feels this way entirely because it came-on harsh, nasty, and cruel in the beginning.

Viewpoints and opinions are welcome.
Old 19-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Pathfinder

I've had a similar experience, but it didn't involve a Ouija board. I did attend Unity right before the voices started. There was some pain and chaos involved, but it led to an awakening and healing. I was sort of led into a dark night of the soul and when I reached a low, I became angry and distraught. I had enough of the entity, which I believed was the cause of my suffering and visualized myself tearing him out of me. I dont know how else to describe it.

Now, that I'm out of all that darkness, I realize it was all for the greater good. That spirit helped me to save my own life. I had an eating disorder and I believe I was close to harming myself or worse. I learned so many lessons from the spirit, I would call him a guide.

I felt the presence of this spirit during the months he was with me. Does your niece experience that? By the way, thank you for posting about this. It helps to know I'm not alone.
Old 19-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Pathfinder

I didn't make it clear, but there were two spirits. It was just that one was dominate and chaotic.
Old 21-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Seeker
I am a member of that spiritualist church your niece went to (assuming she went to the one near/in vancouver) so shout out to that! I find it a very calm and peaceful place and not one in which you would invite dark spirits in.

That being said, I am so happy to read that your niece has been able to quiet the voices a little bit.

As many people have already mentioned, Oujia boards are generally just bad news. They don't have to be a bad thing but one should never operate a spirit board unless under guidance with a professional. Spirit boards can open up the door to all sorts of spirits to come in. I myself really indulged in the Ouija board with friends, my sister, and her friends when I was a pre-teen and I had some nasty experiences such as being insulted and my cat started acting very weird and yowling and then lying on the board. I vowed to never touch one again and whenever I went near my sister's closet (she kept it), I felt very dark around it.

I don't recommend this and obviously it should not be done without a professional but I've heard some some professionals say that you need to "close" off your connection with that spirit through the board by asking it to leave and asking for peace. Once you've let a dark spirit in it can attach to you and attack you.

Visualizations can also be great so I'm glad she's practicing that.

I don't have much concrete advice but I bet your niece could find someone at the church who has experience with Ouija boards and may be able to offer some better advice.