Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Guide

Time distortions in astral planes

Hello
I want to ask about time distortions in astral planes. I have read that a few minutes in our physycal world can equal with hours, days, months or even longer periods of time in astral planes. I want to ask you if you have felt this in astral projection?
Old 22-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
I have heard that too. I have noticed that. Great idea for a conversation
Old 22-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Master
I don't perceive time there, not a sense of longer, shorter or anything else. It's more like time doesn't exist only experience does.
It's like Spirit doesn't have awareness of time - meaning 'time' is a human construct - a convenience for organizing events in the 3D realm.
Old 22-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Master
Time does not work in the astral realms in the same vein that it does in the physical world. We are confined to experiencing it in linear time that occurs minute after minute. Where in the astral it is not limited by such a way. So what happens in 5 minutes here, can be 2 hours there. Or longer. You will notice that in dreaming as well. Where you can dream for what seems like forever, and it only be a few minutes here.
Old 23-06-2013, 02:19 AM
Master
Time is limited to a single universe (dimension, realm). Some other universes have time and some don't. As indicated, time may function differently. There is no synchronization of time between universes.

Every time I leave this universe and travel to another there are time dilatation (differences in the rate time passes). Since most people go to 'local' locations (like astral planes) the time differential is not severe (within a factor of 10x), with time passing in the same direction.

Advanced: while traveling between dimensions, there is no time per se. Passing of time is only a subjective perception.

In general most people experience less time while 'out' than is reported to have passed when they return. Very typical is a 10 minute trip takes about an hour (earth time).
Old 23-06-2013, 02:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordank
Hello
I want to ask about time distortions in astral planes. I have read that a few minutes in our physycal world can equal with hours, days, months or even longer periods of time in astral planes. I want to ask you if you have felt this in astral projection?

Time is truly an illusion based upon the movement of bodies in space. So time is not static everywhere in the Universe. Time could be much faster or much slower in other regions of the Universe and that is just discussing time in physical dimensions. As far as spiritual dimensions the deeper you travel into them the more the illusion of time blurs and begins to vanish until eventually you reach zones that time is instantaneous. All moments are one and there is no time to separate things from happening. The closer you are in the astral planes to the physical dimension the more realistic time is compared to our physical dimension. So if you're just in the beginning areas of the astral planes then time will be very similar to the way it is passing in the physical dimension. I have had spirits tell me exactly how long my projection had lasted up to that point, they used their cellphone and told me it had been 8 minutes since the projection began.
Old 23-06-2013, 03:36 AM
Traveler26

I would think that you could control the values of time and how they differ between this plane and the Astral. Correct me if I'm wrong
Old 23-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Master
Well I've not been in the Astral much...I go to other layers/places/times/dimensions, not sure where they are compared to the astral either.

But time there mostly can't be perceived it all just IS. Much of it due to no travel times...it's like instant transporters and since the passage of scenery is part of how we judge 'time' there's nothing to anchor too. Even interactions there, which are all telepathic (emotions and pictures) can't be used, as so MUCH is instantly relayed via telepathy that it would take an hour or more earth 3D time to relay it the same amount.

There's just nothing in the places I've been to anchor a sense of time to so one can't control it either. Maybe the Astral is different tho, others here could talk about that from their experience.
Old 23-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Guide

Also some people who had NDE experiences say that spent days or weeks in another plane and that in material world it was only a fee minutes or hours.
Old 28-06-2013, 03:35 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Time does not work in the astral realms in the same vein that it does in the physical world. We are confined to experiencing it in linear time that occurs minute after minute. Where in the astral it is not limited by such a way. So what happens in 5 minutes here, can be 2 hours there. Or longer. You will notice that in dreaming as well. Where you can dream for what seems like forever, and it only be a few minutes here.

This is very true. I noticed this.