Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
my point really is, that the Soul has absolutely NO need of actually traveling anywhere, much less OUT of the body. IT'S awareness can simply expand far beyond what we consider to be the limits of the self...IT can expand to the furthest reaches of the cosmos, and witness other star systems if It so chooses...it is only a lower function that seems to be travel or movement of any sort, and by that i mean the astral, causal or mental bodies....here is a quote that IMO says it very clearly:
" Every experience on the physical, astral or mental plane is just a dream before the soul. " - Hazrat Inayat Khan

well we're kinda arguing apples and oranges here and ultimately what happens defies the human mind to really encapsulate and thus explain. So whether I call it traveling or you call it expanding one's awareness to connect to all that one is doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me at least. Sometimes I experience the moving from one place to another, sometimes it's just instantly being in another place, I can explain the mechanism of HOW it happens no more than I can explain in detail how a nuclear power plant works.
What does seem pertinent for the poster of the thread is - Yes, something happens, who cares if it can be proved using limited 3D tools or not, it doesn't happen in the 3D anyway.

The best proof is first hand experience. When that happens you too will get a chuckle out of the idea of very limited tools from a very lower 3D vibration trying to prove the existence of something existing and usable only by accessing higher dimensions.
Old 17-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Seeker

It would be hard to argue whether or not one's awareness actually leaves the body or not. For a lot of people (me included), the experiences are different than lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is awareness of my subconscious expressions. The environments are varied, sometimes nonsensical, and random. When I project, there are some elements that would not be present if I were awake and alert, but the environment begins and ends where I am sleeping. For me this never fails. I have projected in three locations (including several times while in the Middle East), and the same thing happens. I also feel a tightness in my lower back, and that never happens when I dream (lucidly or not).

It's a very personal thing. I know I can't argue whether one actually "leaves" their body, but it is definitely a unique state of consciousness in my opinion.
Old 17-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Because it's only going to be real for the person experiencing it. Technology can't prove or disprove it, other people can't prove or disprove it to one another. The only thing that can prove or disprove it is experiencing it yourself and performing your own tests and studies.
I'm pretty sure it can. Its easy to setup an experiment to prove if it exists. Place a note in a room and tell an astral traveller to read the contents of the note. It doesn't really get any simpler than that.
Old 22-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnacle
I'm pretty sure it can. Its easy to setup an experiment to prove if it exists. Place a note in a room and tell an astral traveller to read the contents of the note. It doesn't really get any simpler than that.

That is exactly correct. Ever hear of Remote Viewing?
Old 22-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontufuto
That is exactly correct. Ever hear of Remote Viewing?
'Zactly.

However for those who doubt that will never be enough proof. We humans are just like that - we just refuse to believe things in which we've not a snippets of personal proof for - it's part of our hardwiring and for many it doesn't get shaken up and uprooted until some level of awakening.

And that's okay too - sometimes just existing in the 3D with it's incredible challenges, obstacles and trials is all folks can handle and 4th + dimensional realities is just too much to take on and keep sanity and perspective enough to operate day to day.
So no point in forcing anyone to believe, they will when it's time for them, I sense a certain hard-wiring on a spirit level in that. LOL
Old 23-06-2013, 03:34 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
'Zactly.

However for those who doubt that will never be enough proof. We humans are just like that - we just refuse to believe things in which we've not a snippets of personal proof for - it's part of our hardwiring and for many it doesn't get shaken up and uprooted until some level of awakening.

And that's okay too - sometimes just existing in the 3D with it's incredible challenges, obstacles and trials is all folks can handle and 4th + dimensional realities is just too much to take on and keep sanity and perspective enough to operate day to day.
So no point in forcing anyone to believe, they will when it's time for them, I sense a certain hard-wiring on a spirit level in that. LOL

Nice to read from someone with some experience...some sense of wisdom...some common sense from one who knows. Like a breath of fresh air and a peaceful feeling that there are others in this 3D world who can not just relate but spread the knowningness of what is.
Old 23-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Suspended
My experience from 2005. It's posted as a FAQ over at Astral Pulse where I go by the username Selski.

I’ve just read “Astral Dynamics” by Robert Bruce. There is an experiment in the book which verifies that you have been out of body, as oppose to dreaming. What you do is place a random playing card on a high shelf in another room from the one you are projecting from. Then, next time you are projecting, go and look at the playing card. Remember it, and return to your body. Keep the experiment short and whilst re-entering your physical body, shout the playing card out loud in your head, to help you remember it. Then, when you are fully awake, go and see if the playing card is the one you saw.

I liked the sound of this, so I’ve had a playing card on the bookcase in the front room awaiting my next OBE.

About a week ago, I had a very vivid OBE-type dream where G and I both looked at the card together, however, upon checking, it was a totally different card, and so I passed it off as a dream.

I continued to the front room and realised I couldn’t ‘see’ so I moved over to the bookcase and put my arms out to feel it. Once I felt it, I put my arms up to feel the top ledge. Once I’d felt that, I rose slowly to just above the bookcase so I could look down at the card. As I couldn’t see it, I got hold of it and brought it close to my face. I tentatively opened my right astral eye with my fingers and I could now see.

The card was a black jack, but I saw a blue ‘A’ in the middle near the top. At first, I just thought it was a black jack ace, then looked again as I wanted to be sure. Then I realised that jacks and aces are different cards, so I looked and looked, but could only see the two black Js in each corner and the blue A. I gave up and returned to the lounge. Suddenly, I felt very happy and pleased with myself. I think it was because I was going to re-enter my physical body like it told me to do in the book. [I’ve never actually done this before – I always continue the experience until I’m ‘forced’ back into the physical.]

With all this jollity, I decided to walk up the wall, where the mantelpiece is, and continued walking upside down on the ceiling. It felt distinctly odd, being the wrong way up. I then thought enough of this nonsense, I need to return to my physical body and stop messing about! I sat back on the chair, settled in and promptly woke up. I had a tense headache but otherwise felt OK.

I thought about the card and tried to figure out the ‘A’ part. I knew it was a black jack, not an ace, but didn’t know what the ‘A’ was. The card could only be a spade or club and ‘A’ looks more like a spade to me, so I deduced that the card was the Jack of Spades. I told G about it and we went to the front room together.

The playing card wasn’t quite where I thought it was and it was face down [I think Hilary must have disturbed it], however, upon turning it over, it was the Jack of Spades!

I think I was more surprised than G. It has proved to me that there is more to this than just a very active imagination. How exciting!
Old 28-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
well we're kinda arguing apples and oranges here and ultimately what happens defies the human mind to really encapsulate and thus explain. So whether I call it traveling or you call it expanding one's awareness to connect to all that one is doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me at least. Sometimes I experience the moving from one place to another, sometimes it's just instantly being in another place, I can explain the mechanism of HOW it happens no more than I can explain in detail how a nuclear power plant works.
What does seem pertinent for the poster of the thread is - Yes, something happens, who cares if it can be proved using limited 3D tools or not, it doesn't happen in the 3D anyway.

The best proof is first hand experience. When that happens you too will get a chuckle out of the idea of very limited tools from a very lower 3D vibration trying to prove the existence of something existing and usable only by accessing higher dimensions.
excuse me?? i prove it daily lol, there is no when it happens, its BEEN happening...enjoy!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 28-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Master
'you' as in generic you (anyone who reads it) , not you specifically Shabda. =D
Peace.