Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 04-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Shorna

Bunny Can dreams be so powerful that they can manifest into telepathy? My experience.

i have been a lucid dreamer since I can remember. It is a bain in my life and a beautiful gift. The reason it becomes a problem? - The majority of people who lucid dream are very light sleeper. I myself very rarely drop into REM sleep. This is why I can control my dreams so easily, because my brain is still conscious.

Something like that anyway from what I've looked up :)

On four occasions I have been fast asleep and having my usual lucid dreams. I hear myself screaming FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE. I have a resounding feeling of strength in my body, like I'm capable of anything but I'm unsure why I'm screaming what I am. Within the next few seconds I am awoke suddenly by my fire alarm. It beeps loudly four times and then silences. I jump out of bed and check the house over. I check my children who are sleeping soundly and all is well.

My fire alarm is wired internally into the house so it's not a case of a low battery. I stayed awake for another hour to make sure it didn't sound again and it didn't.

I started realising that the times this has happened I have had very strong emotions happening to me days before. Ie an argument with my fiance or worrying about one of my children. I am beginning to wonder whether I am emotionally venting into my dreams and it is becoming so strong that it is physially affecting the fire alarm. Is this even possible? i don't know why I ask that because i believe it could certainly be possible. Our brain is such a strong instrument why WOULDN'T it be capable of such a thing?

What are your thoughts on this?
Has anyone had any experiences similar?

Thankyou and blessings :)
Old 05-09-2014, 03:27 AM
Yaoughta

When you're lucid dreaming, you are in control of what what you're doing, hence the term "lucid". In other words, you wouldn't have shouted fire unless you wanted to shout fire. Therefore, you were not completely lucid within the dream.

However, with that being said, there are varying levels of lucidity, so it might have been that you were somewhat lucid and aware that you were dreaming, but just not able to completely control the dream and your actions.

Also, it is certainly possible for emotional and mental energy to physically manifest or to experience such. All things are possible. You're creating your life in each and every moment through your thoughts, emotions and actions, so why would it be any different whether you're awake or sleeping?
Old 05-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Shorna

Oh yes I don't doubt that I wasn't lucid in that bed moment. That's why it came to such a shock to me. I'm lucid 97% of the time I dream so the times I'm not are a shock for me.

Yeah I completely understand your point :) do you think it could be a spiritual awakening? I have a feeling it is but what am I being told?
Old 05-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Just a note on smoke alarms. They are now wired to the house but also have a battery in case the power goes out. When that battery starts to go it will sound off to let you know it needs to be changed. You may want to check for a battery and replace it.

I would say in the context of the dream it could be simply you are hearing the alarm and responding to it since you are a light sleeper or it could be reflective of the extreme emotions you are going through at this time.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Suspended
You might have dreamed of the alarm going off, and did not know that you dreamed it. The situation your in this, is very "Alarming".
Old 05-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Yaoughta

@Shorna: If you have been seeking greater self wisdom, then yes, I would say it was a sign of greater awareness or "spirit" awakening. You should always go along with your intuitive self as to what a dream might mean and so if you felt that it was a spiritual awakening then it probably was or a sign for you to indicate you're on the right track. Typically, where there is fire, there is Spirit.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Badger1777

Does anyone else hear the alarm beep four times?

It is not in the least bit unusual for us to be absolutely convinced we heard something with our actual ears (rather than imagined or dreamt it) when we're in the transition from sleep to wake.

Another thing to be aware of is that we don't actually remember our dreams accurately. We can't, because our conscious mind filters out anything deemed 'illogical' and attempts to rationalise it. The result is that sometimes we are convinced that something happened in a different order to what it did, do for example, you believe you shouted "fire" before the alarm, but it is possible you heard the alarm but didn't register it, then shouted "fire", then registered the sound of the alarm. This would make logical sense (in the crazy way the human brain works) because you believe you shouted before the alarm, therefore your conscious mind would arrange the memory of the event in that order.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:54 AM
Shorna

Maybe it's just me but I can remember dreams in full detail from the age of 5/6 years old. I have a dream diary that my mum told me to keep from the age of 10 and some of the dreams are three pages long. Maybe I'm just differeent though. I can see the point about the battery but it's only happened twice in around 6 months and I've not changed the battery. Surely it would be a recurring thing if it were the battery but it only seems to happen when I'm in high emotion :/
Old 10-09-2014, 05:02 PM
VisionQuest

Can dreams be so powerful that they can manifest into telepathy? My experience

More often then you think!

Keep working with the dreams , the Lucidity is AWARENESS in the ASTRAL BODY ....... you may even find your way to the Inner Mystery Schools in the Astral.