Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 13-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Luckymadon

Need some info.

I started meditating quite a number of years ago, but I can never reach that 'state of being' others seem to have. The state where people feel a connection to all things, or that place where they can meet with and speak with their spiritual guides. Most people I've spoken with can reach these states with ease. Maybe I try too hard, but might there also be something I'm doing that will block or inhibit reaching those states of consciousness? For example, I am an avid coffee drinker and drink at least 4 cups a day. Can caffeine inhibit meditation? I also have a disorder of the central nervous system and have taken medication for it for 45 years. Could a side effect of the medication I take or any medications inhibit successful meditation? I've tried researching it online but can find no information. I hope someone here can enlighten me or point me in the direction of someone who can. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 13-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Experiencer
I drink lots of coffee, drink alcohol, use smoke a packed of cigs a day, and know drugs can some times makes it easier to reach meditated states

So that that not it

A connection to all things what do you think that is, that dose that mean to you,
I think you have been in a meditated state before every one has and because it was not that they perceived a meditated state to be they dismissed it

just relax and put some awesome music on and let your mind wander
or run for a long time, do some form of craft or art and just get in the zone, there are many other ways to reach a meditated state where the mind stops it drama and intuitive mind takes over

hope that helps
Old 13-10-2011, 04:07 AM
Luckymadon

Thanks Vortex. I do 'get into mode' sometimes when I'm writing. I put all my focus into it and my intuition takes over, but I also like to sit or lay in silence with absolutely nothing on my mind. Those are the times I usually fall asleep.
Old 13-10-2011, 04:16 AM
redemption

The connection happens for me when I truly focus on the task at hand. During meditation, I try my hardest to focus on the objects around me.

For example, I will start to count the different sounds I can hear. I will start to guess different scents (I light scented candles). These external objects help me focus on my meditation. Soon I "feel" very connected and everything else melts away.

The other way is also exercising. When I burn myself out during a work out, I feel at peace with everything around me. I am winded, sweating and have no energy but I feel at peace. My mind comes to a stand still. Very interesting feeling.

Coffee:
Coffee has been a facilitator of focus for me. When I drink Coffee( a cup or two a day) I find my attention is focused. However, when I am confronted with multiple tasks, the jitters kick in and I am all over the place.

Its a hit or a miss.

What exercises have made you feel connected in the past?
Old 13-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Luckymadon

Freestyle dancing and long distance walking. When I dance, I just go with the flow of the music. My spirit just seems to takes over and when I'm done I am left satisfied and at peace. When I walk, I am at my most creative. Ideas for stories and stand up material come with ease.
Old 13-10-2011, 05:38 AM
redemption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymadon
Freestyle dancing and long distance walking. When I dance, I just go with the flow of the music. My spirit just seems to takes over and when I'm done I am left satisfied and at peace. When I walk, I am at my most creative. Ideas for stories and stand up material come with ease.

We might be onto something here :):)
Old 13-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Experiencer
Have you tied automatic writing its grate fun

A good way to start is to get in to that state when you are writing then type the words as they pop in to your head

Its an awesome way to get started talking to spirit
Old 13-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Maiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymadon
I started meditating quite a number of years ago, but I can never reach that 'state of being' others seem to have. The state where people feel a connection to all things, or that place where they can meet with and speak with their spiritual guides. Most people I've spoken with can reach these states with ease. Maybe I try too hard, but might there also be something I'm doing that will block or inhibit reaching those states of consciousness? For example, I am an avid coffee drinker and drink at least 4 cups a day. Can caffeine inhibit meditation? I also have a disorder of the central nervous system and have taken medication for it for 45 years. Could a side effect of the medication I take or any medications inhibit successful meditation? I've tried researching it online but can find no information. I hope someone here can enlighten me or point me in the direction of someone who can. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My view of meditation is working to reach a point where I seem to leave my body behind and enter the mind.

What I mean by that is when I no longer fidget and can sit comfortably still, I move into my conscious mind where I allow thoughts to come and go without holding onto them. I can ignore everything that is going on around the body.

Medication may be a part of the equation but it needed disrupt the meditation. It might just take a little longer to focus the mind in the consciousness.
Old 13-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Luckymadon

I should remember to take a pen and paper with me when I go walking. By the time I get back I will have written a book!
Old 18-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Cerium

Normal meadition dosnt quite cut it in all cases, This is where I came up with a method I call, Hacking the mind, Pretty self explanitory. I read you like to lie down, When ur bodys in that position its natual for it to go to sleep, so you may try A position somewhere inbetween sitting and laying. Othere methods could include understanding what or how your body works, for instants you can wake your self up, and Give your consious mind something to do for a little bit, before going back to sleep. what this dose is maniplates the bodys hormons, your body wants to sleep, but your consious mind is wide awake. Id say once ur body hit that paralizing state/rem youd have a pretty good chance of having something close to an obe/astral travle/ lucid dream state. you could try other things too, like Tempary tricking your mind, one example can be done by puting a fake arm to the side of you and hideing ur arm from sigth, look at both you other arm, and the fake one, while having a freind stroke them both, then have your freind hit the fake one with a hamer. The effect is ur brian might interprate the hand that was hide, as hurt. so knowing little corks about how your body works helps, in the aid.