Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 13-06-2016, 10:30 PM
Seeker

Need some beginners meditation tips...

Now I'm not new to meditating but I've been without it for a few months and need some guidance. The main thing that keeps me from meditating every day is time. I like to specifically medatate at a certain time every day and my job takes most of that time away. How do I find a happy medium without feeling like all my time is going to work, meditation and nothing elce? Also could you possibly give me a beginners meditation guide to practice?
Old 14-06-2016, 07:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallrbaker
Now I'm not new to meditating but I've been without it for a few months and need some guidance. The main thing that keeps me from meditating every day is time. I like to specifically meditate at a certain time every day and my job takes most of that time away. How do I find a happy medium without feeling like all my time is going to work, meditation and nothing else? Also could you possibly give me a beginners meditation guide to practice?

Over the years my meditation practice has helped me become very creative in my lifestyle; it was through practicing meditation that I learned how to best practice meditation. Instruction from someone on the outside can be helpful but receiving instruction from within, an following that intuitive guidance can strengthen your relationship with your deeper being.

The best answers for your particular lifestyle will come from you, all anyone else can do is suggest what has worked for them, which may or may not work for you. As far as not having time for meditation, you can meditate while you are sitting on the toilet taking a dump. You can meditate on your lunch break, or while standing in the grocery line, or sitting on a park bench.

Your mind will tell you that you don’t have time, an that is one tip for beginning your meditation practice. Don’t accept any excuses; meditate for 10 to 15 minutes upon waking up in the morning before your mind has kicked in. The more you do meditation the more you will receive inner guidance about what you can do to find better fulfillment in your life. Don’t let your head rob you of the experience that is within your heart at the core of your being.

Meditating at a specific time may not be a good idea; to get the ball rolling meditate as often as you can, at any time which you can, and this way your specific time for meditating will not be compromised. I do not have a beginners meditation guide which I can offer. I started doing meditation back in the 1970’s and over the decades the relationship with my inner teacher has become very strong to the point where that is my only guide. Meditation is most effective as a humble practice, pray for guidance.
Old 14-06-2016, 07:43 AM
Master

Beginners guide:

- be at peace with what you are doing.
- be confident about what you are doing.
- smile with your eyes while doing it.

Then you might find that life can be a meditation in itself, and no excess time is needed If you still need time to sit quietly the same guidelines rule; be at peace, move with confidence and smile with your eyes Simply start to focus in this way on how to make your reality fit together, it works wonders!
Old 14-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Master
Meditation...

I've never had a problem with meditation... It's not something I ever arranged or had 'set times' to achieve...

My form of meditation, involves what can be best described as a continual thought process, whereby if there is nothing currently requiring my attention, I just sit and let my thoughts take me where they will...

This system has worked well for me, ever sinse I started to consider a spiritual way of life, some twenty years ago...

Using this system, I've encountered many idyllic scenarios, many crossroads in my evolving pathway and countless answers to questions that had been place on the back-burner: awaiting clarification...

I'm confident there's not necessarily a set scheme for one and all... I have tried other methods that have either been suggested, or I've seen others practicing... But none of them offered me any worthwhile results...

A single thought, that takes a single moment in time, can produce a completely new realm just waiting to be explored...

Try all methods if needs be, but give more time and credence to those (or the one) that gives you the clearer and more beneficial results - then stick to it...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 15-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Guide
Well this is new to me. coz its thinking, I never heard thinking be a meditation.
Old 15-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Seeker

There are numerous methods out there but the easiest way is to concentrate on your breath, your breath is always with you. Eventually you will find the resting spot between inhalation and exhalation and again inhalation. Thoughts will come and go; stay with the breath the rest will unfold on its own. Have fun and don't overdo it at the beginning.
Old 17-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Seeker

Just place the attention on your breath as it comes in, and follow it through your nose all the way down to your lungs. Try counting “one” as you take in the first breath, then “two” as you breathe out. Repeat this to the count of 10, then start again at one
Old 17-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Master
Means and methods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Consciousness
Well this is new to me. coz its thinking, I never heard thinking be a meditation.

Hi there Divine Consciousness...

During my time travelling a spiritual pathway, I've come to the conclusion that one thing a traveller needs to do: is have an open mind, that is always willing to explore the un-observed or un-known...

If you ask a browser to define the word ‘Meditation’ (as I did) you'll get the following (or something similar)...

Define meditation:

noun: meditation

1.the action or practice of meditating

2."a life of meditation"

Following that, should be a list of synonyms, that portrays the word in an extended range of concepts, that define different methods of describing and achieving that practise...

Synonyms:

Contemplation - thought - thinking - musing - pondering - consideration -
reflection - prayer - deliberation - study - rumination - cogitation - brooding
mulling over - reverie - brown study (whatever that might be)
concentration - speculation - rare cerebration (the working of the brain)...

Sometimes, things aren't what they initially appear to be, so it pays not to stop at the door of speculation, once it's been opened... The initial process of thought, is to open any or every door: one is faced with...

Having a mental conversation with the unknown, can be a very interesting experience...

Mind you, this is only the way I achieve(d) something, it's not a necessity for everyone to follow suit... Just a few odd suggestions, methods and means of working...

Best wishes...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 17-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78
Hi there Divine Consciousness...

During my time travelling a spiritual pathway, I've come to the conclusion that one thing a traveller needs to do: is have an open mind, that is always willing to explore the un-observed or un-known...

If you ask a browser to define the word ‘Meditation’ (as I did) you'll get the following (or something similar)...

Define meditation:

noun: meditation

1.the action or practice of meditating

2."a life of meditation"

Following that, should be a list of synonyms, that portrays the word in an extended range of concepts, that define different methods of describing and achieving that practise...

Synonyms:

Contemplation - thought - thinking - musing - pondering - consideration -
reflection - prayer - deliberation - study - rumination - cogitation - brooding
mulling over - reverie - brown study (whatever that might be)
concentration - speculation - rare cerebration (the working of the brain)...

Sometimes, things aren't what they initially appear to be, so it pays not to stop at the door of speculation, once it's been opened... The initial process of thought, is to open any or every door: one is faced with...

Having a mental conversation with the unknown, can be a very interesting experience...

Mind you, this is only the way I achieve(d) something, it's not a necessity for everyone to follow suit... Just a few odd suggestions, methods and means of working...

Best wishes...

Robbie....
Awesome...
Old 18-06-2016, 12:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Over the years my meditation practice has helped me become very creative in my lifestyle; it was through practicing meditation that I learned how to best practice meditation. Instruction from someone on the outside can be helpful but receiving instruction from within, an following that intuitive guidance can strengthen your relationship with your deeper being.

The best answers for your particular lifestyle will come from you, all anyone else can do is suggest what has worked for them, which may or may not work for you. As far as not having time for meditation, you can meditate while you are sitting on the toilet taking a dump. You can meditate on your lunch break, or while standing in the grocery line, or sitting on a park bench.

Your mind will tell you that you don’t have time, an that is one tip for beginning your meditation practice. Don’t accept any excuses; meditate for 10 to 15 minutes upon waking up in the morning before your mind has kicked in. The more you do meditation the more you will receive inner guidance about what you can do to find better fulfillment in your life. Don’t let your head rob you of the experience that is within your heart at the core of your being.

Meditating at a specific time may not be a good idea; to get the ball rolling meditate as often as you can, at any time which you can, and this way your specific time for meditating will not be compromised. I do not have a beginners meditation guide which I can offer. I started doing meditation back in the 1970’s and over the decades the relationship with my inner teacher has become very strong to the point where that is my only guide. Meditation is most effective as a humble practice, pray for guidance.

I love this post. I love the part about no excuses and "Don’t let your head rob you of the experience that is within your heart at the core of your being."