Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 11:45 PM
Experiencer
I did yesterday. :) Of course, you could do it too. You can listen to that book on youtube.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Master
for anyone who's interested, a little progress update:

he mentioned the other day that he notices whenever I post articles on facebook about positive parenting, gentle parenting, etc, that he does read them and he does get the hint lol. he even specifically asked for my opinion on if he was doing better after attending to a small tantrum the other day. he is making definite strides towards being not just a gentler parent, but a gentler human being in general. he is eager to learn and grow as a person. I am very happy with the progress he's making already and I very much look forward to continuing to witness his self growth. it's humbling to know that I am influencing him, and that he feels I make him a better person. I think it helps me too, because I try to be a positive example through my own actions, so I'm always reminding myself to be less reactive and as kind and gentle as possible myself. I think we're all on a positive path together.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Deactivated Account
That's good : )

Thanks for the update.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Master
Rainbow, I concur with all those who have expressed concern. I would talk to him gently about how important it is to express love and guidance as a parent, how important positive parenting values are to you, and then give verbal examples of real teaching situations with his child that you would handle differently than he current does. I would think he could then work out the gaps for himself.

This behaviour is considered bullying and harassment anywhere else...and long-term, and from someone in a more powerful position (the parent, the teacher, etc), it is considered emotional abuse. The parent has great influence, for good or ill.

It is a wonderful idea to post positive parenting articles, but this is not a substitute for a direct and to-the-point conversation. If you are clear and to-the-point, he will listen. If you are vague or indirect...or if you hint around and meander about and he's not sure where you're going with all of it...then you will probably confuse him.

Good luck~

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 12-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Rainbow, I concur with all those who have expressed concern. I would talk to him gently about how important it is to express love and guidance as a parent, how important positive parenting values are to you, and then give verbal examples of real teaching situations with his child that you would handle differently than he current does. I would think he could then work out the gaps for himself.

It is a wonderful idea to post positive parenting articles, but this is not a substitute for a direct and to-the-point conversation. If you are clear and to-the-point, he will listen. If you are vague or indirect...or if you hint around and meander about and he's not sure where you're going with all of it...then you will probably confuse him.

as I've said in my posts, we have been talking about it. and he has been making a conscious effort to be a gentler and less angry person. he keeps coming to me and telling me what he's doing differently every time a situation raises frustration in him, and he is doing so wonderful!

I often share articles I like on facebook about parenting, or save them to my pinterest which is linked to my facebook. I don't do it just to be passive aggressive with him, lol, I save things so I can refer to them later and I share them if I think other parents on my facebook would enjoy reading them. we've had many straightforward conversations about this, especially recently.
Old 13-01-2016, 03:06 AM
Knower

There's a big gap btwn a loving parent and an emotionally abusive one. If he has leapt right over the pond that's fabulous but highly unlikely. You seem to think YOU have everything under control but I don't think we are convinced. Professional help is in order ASAP.
Old 13-01-2016, 04:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
There's a big gap btwn a loving parent and an emotionally abusive one. If he has leapt right over the pond that's fabulous but highly unlikely. You seem to think YOU have everything under control but I don't think we are convinced. Professional help is in order ASAP.

he's always been a loving parent. he's never been purposely malicious towards his child. he's just highly emotional and therefore reactive. humans are multifaceted, complicated beings. I'm saying HE is taking control of his emotions and his reactions. he's making a concerted effort and that's extremely important. and I've already addressed the fact that he would benefit from therapy of some sort. if you're not going to read the existing posts before posting and you don't have anything constructive to contribute then please see yourself out of this thread.
Old 13-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Deactivated Account

This thread will now be closed. Feedback applicable to the original posters question has been sufficiently fulfilled
Members, please keep in mind the rules of the forum when posting including the rules on respect and discussion
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/fa...q_new_faq_item

Thanks,
Clover/Staff
Closed Thread