Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 24-12-2015, 03:44 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalTrav
Why is it that each time I try to forget about this certain person, there is IMMEDIATELY something that will happen to make me remember again and again and again??? Like when I turn on the TV there'd be someone looking EXACTLY like this person or when I'm going through videos on youtube I'd see this person's name and it's not a very common name I tell you. It's crazy!!! Like there'd be times I'm really busy with something all of a sudden I'd get this weird feeling about this someone and I'd start thinking again then it disappears after awhile (take note: while I am busy). What to do? What to do?

Or could it be ... telepathy?

It's what the mind does......

In my experience your best bet is to accept you're going to have these thoughts and just accept it. Don't try to fight it. Don't get cross with your self about it. Just let thoughts flit through your mind but try to keep your mind on nice/ productive/ constructive things.

.................................................. .................
Old 24-12-2015, 03:49 AM
Guide
"Ouch" as the other poster said.

I do hope you feel a bit better soon.

Old 27-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidre
Time will eventually get you past this...or I should say, there will come a time when remembering them won't hurt, but perhaps make you smile, and then you'll carry on with your day. :) We can't rush healing though, it will come though. Be patient.

Agree with you totally. Like I often say, this pain will be there till it has a lesson for you. Once, it's taught you what you need to learn, you will get over it.

Aham Brahmasmi
http//:ahambrahmasmisite.wordpress.com
Old 05-01-2016, 06:10 PM
Experiencer
I did something extremely stupid. Added this person back on FB and found out every single thing said to me was a complete and total lie. Okay it's painful and I am angry now. I was about to press the unfriend button the 2nd time around but ended up deactivating my FB. I know everything happens for a reason but I am now angry at myself for being foolish and so stupid.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Lorelyen

Wait until new romance strikes. It'll make this a past event looked upon with nostalgia rather than a pain, most likely.

Forgetting someone depends on how deeply they're embedded in your life. If you've known them and relied on them a long time it's a long haul. However, the best is not to try to forget but just distract yourself with new things, new people. Explore something of interest. It won't eradicate these events triggering a flashback but they'll come less relevant.