Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 14-12-2015, 04:20 PM
Experiencer
Trying to forget someone ...

Why is it that each time I try to forget about this certain person, there is IMMEDIATELY something that will happen to make me remember again and again and again??? Like when I turn on the TV there'd be someone looking EXACTLY like this person or when I'm going through videos on youtube I'd see this person's name and it's not a very common name I tell you. It's crazy!!! Like there'd be times I'm really busy with something all of a sudden I'd get this weird feeling about this someone and I'd start thinking again then it disappears after awhile (take note: while I am busy). What to do? What to do?

Or could it be ... telepathy?
Old 14-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Experiencer
Ouch, I'm dealing with this right now. Not the most amazing feeling in the world, I'm with ya on that.

Hard to hear - but this is probably occurring because of how intensely you're trying to forget them. It's like that common mind game where you have to spend a minute thinking of nothing but elephants, and during that minute, the only thing you can think of is elephants.

This was happening to me at the worst times possible. Any little mention of their name would send me into a hysterical mess. I finally sat down, took a breath, and realized there was a lesson I was still thinking of them so intensely. They still had a lesson for me. And funny enough, for me, the lesson was learning not to be so attached and dependent on them being everywhere in my life. So the reminders came as a final 'test' in letting go.

Of course, the tests are still coming :) Not so easy to pass! But it is absolutely possible, and I know it's just as possible for you, too.

I also want you to know it's alright not to scramble at being busy. Distractions can be bandaids sometimes, meaning the wound is going to feel so much more painful when you see their name again or something else reminds you of them.

Think of them until you realize you don't need to anymore. Embrace the pain until you realize you don't really need it. It's all part of making you stronger and letting you rise to the heights of everything you can be.

Good luck! I believe in you! :)
Old 16-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Pathfinder

Close your eyes and think of the best thing ever cooked by you which you have tasted. Mind you, do not think of the black ugly unkempt dog who continuously barks for no reason at all in the back yard.

Think of the plate on which you had served the dish you had prepared. Mind you, you are not supposed to pay any attention to that dog whose tail is so dirty that he probably cant even way it too well.

Take a deep breath and smell the aroma of the food on the plate. The beautiful colours. No, no thinking of the dog.

Now, open your eyes. Did you not manage to think of the dog as mush as the dish you had prepared...if not more..!!

This happens because the more you want to get rid of the thought the more you welcome it.

If while watching TV you dread hearing that name or while walking the streets you fear seeing someone who looks like the person on your mind...you can be sure it WILL happen.

The only way if to not fight your thoughts and to accept them the way they are...watch them rise...and let the go.
Old 16-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Master
What Aham Brahmasmi said above :)

By trying to Not think about the person you are feeding lots of energy into your connection with them and thus getting lots of things popping up to remind you of them because you are manifesting it by giving it so much energy.
Old 17-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Master
Indeed this happens a lot when you try "not" to focus on something, or what it is almost the same trying to forget someone or something.

The mind sends energy to that "NO" and hence it will be manifested in your reality, is LOA 100% but used in a weird way

Good luck! If you want to forget just try to do a lot of activities and you will eventually forget what you wanted.

Give it time, give it time and don't forget to give it time !
Old 20-12-2015, 12:15 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aham Brahmasmi
Close your eyes and think of the best thing ever cooked by you which you have tasted. Mind you, do not think of the black ugly unkempt dog who continuously barks for no reason at all in the back yard.

Think of the plate on which you had served the dish you had prepared. Mind you, you are not supposed to pay any attention to that dog whose tail is so dirty that he probably cant even way it too well.

Take a deep breath and smell the aroma of the food on the plate. The beautiful colours. No, no thinking of the dog.

Now, open your eyes. Did you not manage to think of the dog as mush as the dish you had prepared...if not more..!!

This happens because the more you want to get rid of the thought the more you welcome it.

If while watching TV you dread hearing that name or while walking the streets you fear seeing someone who looks like the person on your mind...you can be sure it WILL happen.

The only way if to not fight your thoughts and to accept them the way they are...watch them rise...and let the go.

Thank you for your wonderfully written post, as it really does resonate with me so much :)

I love your advice and your analogy, which illustrates your point so perfectly - although I would never want to forget anyone who touched my very heart and soul

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking

Last edited by Ghost_Rider_1970 : 20-12-2015 at 01:49 AM.
Old 20-12-2015, 01:44 AM
life.love.regret.

Maybe don't try to forget this person. You wont be able to truly forget anyway, right? I'd say try to allowing whatever comes from thoughts of this person and deal with those.

I've never tried to forget anybody (but I could think of scenarios in which I would want to) and I'd hate to have someone want to forget me.
Old 21-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Seeker

9 Yeas later

Trying to forget love is like trying to live without air. Since we consist of love, it is almost like taking away a vital source of life. Love is not meant to hurt so much as it is not meant to last forever. 9 Years later, I still haven't forgotten, nor do I feel less in love no matter how hard I try, but I don't always have to convert it into painful thought processes.
Old 22-12-2015, 04:50 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970
Thank you for your wonderfully written post, as it really does resonate with me so much :)

I love your advice and your analogy, which illustrates your point so perfectly - although I would never want to forget anyone who touched my very heart and soul

Thank you...:) God bless.
Old 23-12-2015, 06:00 AM
Experiencer
Time will eventually get you past this...or I should say, there will come a time when remembering them won't hurt, but perhaps make you smile, and then you'll carry on with your day. :) We can't rush healing though, it will come though. Be patient.