Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 19-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Pathfinder
Vedic vs Western

Hello.
So instead of asking for comparison or saying who's better. I have rather odd situation.
So, I'm in love with someone who's not in my life currently. Our synastry in Western Astrology is rather good, while still having some problems (which also were true in our relationship. Like my moon conjuncting his Saturn). When I say rather good, I can honestly say that it's more or less 4th best synastry in my life.
Now in Vedic Astrology, we miss 2 points to be compatible.

I am also in a professional program right now & in my group there's this guy who has same ascendant as me & we got along very well in the beginning, but now... I have rather like-hate towards him. One part, I think he is nice, then again... he just ignores me when I text him, then smiles when he sees me. I am not seeking romance here, but I thought him as a friend, but this behavior just leads me to think that I shouldn't get attached to him at all.
Anyway, Synastry in the Western Astrology is the worst. I'm Pisces, Scorpio ascendant, with air & water & little bit of fire. He is Libra, Scorpio Ascendant, with everything else in Virgo, except for Venus in Leo.

But, the twist is. With him, Vedic Astrology is more than good.

Now, my question is - how should I take this? How to explain?
Old 19-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Knower
I doubt really know "how" you ate looming at your vedic chart, but aspects are not the same

You should account Rahu and Ketu as well (north and south nodes)
Old 19-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Everly

Take it as it is. The planets impel, they do not compel. There are countless happy, lifelong relationships where the planets scream NO. Just as there are countless unhappy relationships where the planets yelled YES. Astrology is a guide, not a slavemaster. Don't look to astrology for a definitive roadmap.

Regarding the former boyfriend... What are you asking? If he's not in your life, let go and move on.

As for the guy in your professional group...he's being polite in person. That he doesn't respond in other settings should tell you he's not interested at all, in any way. (How do you know his birthplace and time? If he gave you that information and later has ignored you, take the hint.)

The differences with the Vedic vs. Western are exactly why you should choose one method and stick with it. (Is it possible you're trying everything until you find the answer you like?) I teach this in my intuitive astrology classes and even with tarot...There are as many meanings of the cards as there are people who write about them. Use your own brain and intuition to determine what the cards mean to you. Sidereal, tropical, vedic, etc...choose what resonates with you and stick with it. Wandering all over just muddies the waters.
Old 19-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Pathfinder
Ronin & Everly, thank you for responding to me.

Everly
as far as the first guy goes - I am trying to let go & move on, it's hardest thing I have to do, or so it seems. I have never attached to someone the way I did to him.

For the 2nd guy - He told me himself face to face that he likes me... We are talking about friendship here. Sometimes he did respond, sometimes he read & turned to me to talk face to face. You see, his behavior was, according to me, more friendly than polite. I am polite to people, even if I don't like them. But I definitely don't smile to someone I don't like for no reason etc. He told me that he is nice because he is sincere. Go figure. It's not about hints, I asked him about his behavior. In the end, I decided to be done with him. I had already thought about it before, except he turned to me. Oh, goodness. Besides, the last party for our group happened at his place, so there I am...

I study Western Astrology. I read birth charts. So he gave me his info. This is something that I do for longer period than Vedic.

But I follow traditional Hinduism & Vedic Astrology match should exist according to my Guru. So...

This was more or less an experiment. First guy has 4th best synastry with me (after my mom & two best friends) and Second guy has worst synastry with me, so I wanted to compare.

All, I wanted to know - why there exists such a difference? I know planets are not the same, but for example, my Western Chart & my Vedic chart both explain me exactly like the way I am, so I don't understand why the end result for both are not the same even if the charts are different.
Old 21-12-2014, 04:41 AM
Everly

Ah...I think I understand your question better now. Sorry.

First, are you sure you did a proper Vedic chart? (Is it square, etc.) Assuming you have... This is what I learned from a friend who is well-known astrologer who uses only Hindu and Vedic astrology. I'm not sure I agree with all of it, but this is the best I can explain.

A Western natal chart is mostly related to one's psychological nature, one's inner Self as well as one's personality/character. But a Vedic chart can be used to look closer at karma and future possibilities. (This is entirely dependent on the ability to interpret the chart, and it's not always easy because there is so much to consider, including the degrees of placement, for example.) In Vedic astrology, the dashas can provide insight into time and timing.

So, I'm thinking that maybe if you keep the idea of forecasts in mind, rather than synastry, you might find it more helpful. Either method can be used for synastry, but I feel strongly that you should choose one method and stick with it for the purposes of discovering more about your relationships.

In short, Western astrology is going to focus on you, on the inner and outer you. Vedic astrology is going to focus on you, as well, but also on your karmic journey.

One other thing... Try not to keep looking at the charts and comparisons. When we do that, we fog things up really well. So, lastly, don't forget that we are all fallible. Put it all away for a week or so, then re-do it and get a fresh look at it. You might see things in a different light. (In other words, it could be operator error. )