Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Master
You see the belief in demons or negative spirits is a cross-culturally accepted belief.

In all religions and even shamanic groups, evil spirits and angels are the oldest beliefs besides a Deity.

I have no problem believing in disincarnate negative spirits- whether human or nonhuman,

but the big issue is the whole "Satan" dude. Why? because in all researches both paranormal and religious no such entity appears. They say in Christianity- "Oh he hides!" Why bother hiding? If there are so many evil spirits or bad humans we don't need you Mr. Lucifer. People are bad off as it is.

People forget the reason why "Satan" is always in hiding. Because evil, True evil if we may say so is the one that is always hidden.

The Pedophile cases in recent years is the BEST Metaphor. It is something hidden, darkly shameful, and secretive. The people who are convicted are the MOST unlikely person imaginable. This is what Evil or "satan" truly is. It is not some guy hiding in a literal hell. Its the neighbor next door abusing your children.Or the old lady next door slaughtering her husband.

"Satan comes as an angel of light".- I can't believe half of you miss the simplicity in that statement! It means those things in life that APPEAR to be Good are in fact evil! "Oh it seems like a good idea to go to War with Iraq because they are the Evil Ones! Lets do it!" WRONG! "Oh it seems like a good idea to eat that Double Cheeseburger with bacon!" WRONG!

See what I mean? Do you see the metaphors?

i agree with Seawolf in a previous Thread. The false-egoic self is NOT an evil self. Its a part of who we are. We don't need to destroy it. Its more like ego-centeredness and ego-aggrandizement are the true aspects of the dark side.

Satan is the best metaphor for the dark side of human nature, and dark side of world Nature as a whole.
Old 26-05-2013, 03:10 AM
Knower
There are a lot of misconceptions, it makes me wonder how are view has been altered by history concerning these matters and their true purpose.
Old 13-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Bluegreen

In Dr. A. Kingford's book Perfect Way there is an explanation of who or what Satan is.

Satan, it says, is the adversary because matter opposes spirit.

“ . . . For Satan is the magistrate of the justice of God (Karma); ...”

“The glory of Satan is the shadow of the Lord”: God in the manifested world; “the throne of Satan is the footstool of Adonai” — that footstool being the whole Kosmos.

When the Church, therefore, curses Satan, it curses the cosmic reflection of God; it anathematizes God made manifest in matter or in the objective; it maledicts God, or the ever-incomprehensible Wisdom, revealing itself as Light and Shadow, good and evil in nature, in the only manner comprehensible to the limited intellect of Man.

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/sd/sd2-1-13.htm

See page 235 on the above site.
Old 14-06-2013, 01:34 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by magonia
I got the impression the lucifer is something different, from Satan or the Devil. Further I would say they are spiritual entities of sorts.

The nature of evil not just being physical actions of each of us, but having more darker forces involved in my a world as small as our being so divided and stricken with so many problems and evil doers. This is a particular aspect I was looking into. I have to also say if the Bible is correct than "It" is only one of a legion of evil spirits or entities.
Old 14-06-2013, 01:40 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Alas, my fingers move more quickly than my brain.....anyway, the bible is just a book. it was neither written nor inspired by our Creator.....There is no such thing as a devil, satan or demons...There are negative entities because there are negative and ugly people....Obstacles present themselves to be overcome.... God is love and light and is not responsible for the negative actions of human beings... That is why we have free will in our decisions and choices in life...
Old 14-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
In Dr. A. Kingford's book Perfect Way there is an explanation of who or what Satan is.

Satan, it says, is the adversary because matter opposes spirit.

“ . . . For Satan is the magistrate of the justice of God (Karma); ...”

“The glory of Satan is the shadow of the Lord”: God in the manifested world; “the throne of Satan is the footstool of Adonai” — that footstool being the whole Kosmos.

When the Church, therefore, curses Satan, it curses the cosmic reflection of God; it anathematizes God made manifest in matter or in the objective; it maledicts God, or the ever-incomprehensible Wisdom, revealing itself as Light and Shadow, good and evil in nature, in the only manner comprehensible to the limited intellect of Man.

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/sd/sd2-1-13.htm

See page 235 on the above site.

There is , IMO, no such thing as Satan...It is just a word....A word that the Church used to instill fear in the populace....a word that instills dread in those unfortunate enough to believe such things...but still, just a word....
Old 14-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
There is , IMO, no such thing as Satan...It is just a word....A word that the Church used to instill fear in the populace....a word that instills dread in those unfortunate enough to believe such things...but still, just a word....

I do not get from the quote that Satan is an entity.
Old 15-06-2013, 05:16 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
I do not get from the quote that Satan is an entity.

Entity or metaphor--it matters not as it doesn't exist except in the minds of men....
Old 15-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Experiencer

in absolute god what makes for free will? - All the devils
Old 16-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Entity or metaphor--it matters not as it doesn't exist except in the minds of men....

Satan is only a word used to represent something. But since it, entity or metaphor, does not exist as you say: there is no matter; there is no law of cause and effect; there is no duality and therefore neither is there Spirit.