Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 04-06-2013, 05:42 AM
Gordon

Smile Please Interpret (it's short)

I had this dream last night, I think I have some ideas, but I have to get other opinions. For a little background: I'm a psychiatric registered nurse, I deal mostly with the patient's medical issues. I was having a conversation with a psych tech last night about the glory days of our past military service. He is retired U.S. Army, and I was ten years in the U.S. Air Force (my wife is retired USAF). Anyway, the dream went like this:
------------
I was stealing a patient's medication (In life, of course, I would never do that.). She was supposed to take these pills that would dilate her pupils. Somehow, I was taking care of her and she was an older woman, maybe in her fifties. She had lived a hard life, and she looked it. But she showed me a video on her phone of herself as a young stripper, and she was beautiful.

I followed her back to her apartment on skid row. And there were all these old mental patients hanging around the apartment complex, and I was talking with some of them--therapeutically--like I do at work. Then I woke up.
---------------
I don't know if any of you use astrology to help with interpretation like I do, but if you do, here's my info:

Edward
Born: September 22, 1964, 1:00PM (PDT), Redding, California, USA
Time of Dream: Apprx. 0900 (CDT) June 3, 2013

Any interpretations would be greatly welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Ed
Old 04-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Knower

So I wonder what is symbolized by this older women. Are you approaching her age or is that a few years away?

What things come to mind when you think about a person who has lived hard and had beautiful younger days? Do you think she has dignity and esteem? How does that fact she was once a stripper affect your relationship with her? Does she represent how you would like to live in your 50's?

Any associations to dilating her pupils? It makes me think of looking into the windows of her soul.

She's the main character so I will be interested to know more about your associations.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Gordon

Sorry Mike, but if I had an answer to all your questions about the dream, I'd know exactly what it meant. I was hoping others could give me what they think the symbols mean.

If you have any ideas, by all means, let me know.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Knower

My process of dream interpretation involves asking for associations, which are things that images remind you of. You aren't trying to determine the meaning of the dream, just brainstorming any possible association. Your unconscious created these symbols in the dream, and your unconscious holds the key to these symbols through your associations. The brainstorming process involves anything that comes to mind when you ponder these symbols.

So the questions I was asking were to get you to brainstorm, not to try to determine the right answers.

If I were to interpret the dream knowing nothing about your associations, I would call that a "blind reading." This dream doesn't have a lot of detail in the way the characters interact, so it really needs your associations. But here's what I would say:

The older woman likely represents a side of yourself that has feminine qualities. It could be a side of yourself that comes out in the nursing work. That you are stealing from her likely indicates your attitude toward her in real life is, in some way stealing from her ability to be fully alive and present in your life. My own association to dilating her pupils is looking into her soul. Looking into her past also feels that way to me: somehow looking past the externals and into who she really is.

So, put in vague terms, in life you have an ambiguous attitude toward the feminine side of yourself, both acting in ways that detract from her life, and starting to recognize her deeper, inner qualities as something beautiful.

Also these skid row mental patients are there. My association to all this is that the woman represents part of you that comes out when you care for patients.

Okay, so that's a blind reading.

The other thing about dream interpretation, as I do it, is that it's a two-way process. So these ideas have to "click" for you. I'm not just telling you what I think it is, but asking you if it fits what you know of your life.

-Mike
Old 06-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Master
Hi Veridican--

I'm with Mike in only knowing how to go through a brainstorming process where your feedback is important. [You're the only one I've known who uses astrology in dream interpretation.] But his insight about "stealing" the woman's medicine, as in--her "stuff" that looks into her soul--seems right.

Do you feel you are "stealing" from patients when you learn as much from their experiences as they do from you? All of us have the beautiful youth past--just depends how long ago it's been! And each of us have the slightly shady side. It can be a reminder when talking to people who seem to be in a different place in life--that their insights are just as real, as "beautiful" and valid as our own.

The fact that all your old patients were also in her skid row apartment--shows the same pattern. You were familiar with them too.

Don't know if this resonate with you.

Lora

P.S. Hope I didn't lose an email from you to spam. Did I?
Old 06-06-2013, 03:29 AM
Knower

The vast majority of my own dreams that I have managed to interpret ended up being about something that happened recently – usually the day before. The fact that you felt the need to tell us about a conversation you had with a psych tech last night makes me wonder if it doesn't have something to do with that. Maybe you have a feeling that it might be about that. If not, I'm not sure why you even mentioned that.

In the dream you are taking something from somebody that you are taking care of. Does that remind you of a situation that took place recently (probably yesterday)? Do you remember taking something (anything at all) from somebody?

How did you feel about taking the medication in the dream? If you felt bad about it, for example, then you can ask yourself “where in my waking life have I recently felt bad about taking something from somebody?” And that somebody is probably somebody who you were helping or taking care of like you were in the dream.

What did you do with the medication after you stole it, did you take (ingest) it yourself or what?

Taking medication to dilate one's pupils could symbols getting help to open one's eyes. When our pupils dilate we're able to take in more. It may or may not symbolize that, it's just one possibility.

I've never heard of anybody using astrology to help with interpreting a dream. That sounds interesting if it's possible.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:34 AM
Knower

kuurt,
I do believe that dreams are primarily about present-moment, ongoing patterns in our lives, but perhaps I disagree with you in looking for an external patient that this woman symbolizes. Dreams are about what happens in present-moment time, but from the perspective of inner dynamics. So people in dreams are often aspects of the dreamer. They CAN be external people sometimes, but this particular dreams feels to me like the woman is an aspect of Edward.

-Mike
Old 06-06-2013, 04:34 AM
Knower

No, actually I agree with you. Often other people in our dreams do represent aspects of ourselves, although not always.

I was just trying to bring attention to the action and feelings in the dream so he could link that to something in his waking life. I was just describing the action in the dream without the symbols because the symbols can confuse. The action was that he was taking something from somebody that he was taking care of. Didn't mean to imply that this somebody couldn't represent an aspect of himself.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:56 AM
Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1127
The older woman likely represents a side of yourself that has feminine qualities. It could be a side of yourself that comes out in the nursing work. That you are stealing from her likely indicates your attitude toward her in real life is, in some way stealing from her ability to be fully alive and present in your life. My own association to dilating her pupils is looking into her soul. Looking into her past also feels that way to me: somehow looking past the externals and into who she really is.

So, put in vague terms, in life you have an ambiguous attitude toward the feminine side of yourself, both acting in ways that detract from her life, and starting to recognize her deeper, inner qualities as something beautiful.

Also these skid row mental patients are there. My association to all this is that the woman represents part of you that comes out when you care for patients.

Okay, so that's a blind reading.

That's very interesting, Mike. I will definitely think on this some. You've brought up some very interesting points.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Do you feel you are "stealing" from patients when you learn as much from their experiences as they do from you?

Now that's an interesting insight. I will definitely think on it some.

I apologize, but I don't like to talk about hits or misses or validate what interpreters say in forums because I don't want to stifle what the next interpreter might say. If I say, "Oh, that's definitely it!" Then what if there's an interpreter out there that had a different opinion?

But what you say is very interesting to me.

Quote:
P.S. Hope I didn't lose an email from you to spam. Did I?

I don't know. The last e-mail I sent to you was never returned as undeliverable, but neither have I received a response from you. If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll be sure to resend.