Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Lorelyen

Thank you, Greenslade and SaturninePluto for your responses.

If I had a gripe it's about the way the word is bandied around as just a bad component of identity/personality without understanding of it being very much a part of spirit, the outer layer maybe, the public face, but I can't see how it (as an object as I read the title of the topic) hinders the spirit. Exchanges between it and the "outer world" feed the spirit that in turn modulates perception of that outer world. Isn't that "experience?"

If I had to model mind it would be nervous system in action. Ego is discernible as a series of responses to the summation of sensory inputs accessing life experiences in the various bits of working memory (associated with those senses) and wired to a database of deeper memories. It doesn't give all the answers and never as simple as one sense leads to just one part of the brain IIRC; but one's spirituality can be seen as the mediation between longer term memory and working memory; the refinements made in one's stimulus-response repertoire with heightened awareness/attention.

Trying to make sense of it is a work in progress though. Both Freud and Jung had the right ideas, attempting to get to a person's experiential data through how the symbols related to outward behaviour.