Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-06-2019, 03:27 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Well, if anyone feels unconditional love for someone who harms them in any way, then they're mad.
At best, a doormat which is horribly unhealthy spiritually.

Perhaps, but then it is not unconditional love, it is love conditional on never harming them in any way. If they harm them the love is withdrawn. But what I am asking here, is whether humans are capable of unconditional love. For example, if a son or daughter harms a parent, will the parent stop loving them unless they are mad. Some parents say that no matter what their child does, they will never stop loving them. Is this madness?
Old 05-06-2019, 03:47 AM
janielee

No, it's love and it does exist..
Old 05-06-2019, 01:06 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
No, it's love and it does exist..
I do think unconditional love exists, and I don't think it is madness.

Why do you think it is this way sometimes?
It sounds like madness. Why should someone love something or someone no matter what they do or do to them, even their own children?
Old 05-06-2019, 03:25 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I do think unconditional love exists, and I don't think it is madness.

Why do you think it is this way sometimes?
It sounds like madness. Why should someone love something or someone no matter what they do or do to them, even their own children?

My take:
When a person finds this Divine Love at their core.

Then lets say someone does something to injure them.

Of course at that time they have a choice.

Keep holding on to Love OR hold on to the offence.

Many choose to hold on to the offense.

But the offence is not in a persons core, only Divine Love is.

So to stay true to oneself that person chooses Love.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:47 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
My take:
When a person finds this Divine Love at their core.

Then lets say someone does something to injure them.

Of course at that time they have a choice.

Keep holding on to Love OR hold on to the offence.

Many choose to hold on to the offense.

But the offence is not in a persons core, only Divine Love is.

So to stay true to oneself that person chooses Love.

Some say that forgiveness lets us release the anger or hate that is only harming us. Which I agree with. But of course this could be seen as somewhat transnational and based on my own self interest. I let go of the offense because I don't want to let go of feeling the divine love, so there is something in it for me. What if there wasn't anything in it for me, what if I could still feel the divine love and not let go of the offense? Is there any other reason I might continue to offer unconditional love to my offender?
Old 05-06-2019, 10:00 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Some say that forgiveness lets us release the anger or hate that is only harming us. Which I agree with. But of course this could be seen as somewhat transnational and based on my own self interest. I let go of the offense because I don't want to let go of feeling the divine love, so there is something in it for me. What if there wasn't anything in it for me, what if I could still feel the divine love and not let go of the offense? Is there any other reason I might continue to offer unconditional love to my offender?

My oldest and deepest offence was with my Father.

There were deep traumas that I became a victim of.

I seen myself as that victim since I seen myself innocent (since I was a child)

For some reason this deep victim-hood I wore as a robe and seen many things as victim or victimizer
and it rotted in me like a cancer.

So I only know of finding my core or being and in that I found my Creator at my core as well. Who is Divine Love,
so I know this as my self and so I think it is selfish in a way but it allows me to BE more unselfish .

Anyway once I was able to forgive my Father only then could I offer him Love.
NOT unconditional Love but a Divine Love at least as much I as I am able at any given time.
Then it seemed other offences in life seemed to fall away.
Then I started knowing peace.
I did struggle with this victim-hood for several years

I see unconditional Love as LIKE unconditional Love but I don't believe it is unconditional.

I don't know if this answers anything but it is some of my experience.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:38 AM
Master
There are a lot of things which are only in the "eye of the beholder"...beauty...madness...
Old 06-06-2019, 12:50 AM
Master
Oh, by the way...I got over the whole "selfish" thing when taking more responsibility for my own emotional needs in the self-care department.

It wasn't easy..but some deep personal questions come up.

Whenever I think or feel that I am being "selfish", whose voice does that thought come in? My own? My parents?

Why should the beliefs of others who believe stuff about me (whether it is true or not) hold me back from an even greater belief that I have within myself?

As sad as it is, to many, "selfishness" is equated to their "jealousy", in that they don't want to see you succeed or progress because it will make them feel inferior about THEIR lives which they did nothing with because they believed it was "selfish" to do so...which was probably perpetuated by another in the same situation (usually a caregiver) and on..and on this goes...for countless generations until one has the courage to say "screw that! I am going to be breaking with a limiting family tradition today".

Once you get over the personal guilt associated with "being selfish" you are free to do whatever you set your mind and heart to.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:29 AM
ketzer

Quote:
"Transnational"?? LOL that was supposed to be transactional, now there is a spell checker error of international significance.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:33 AM
janielee

Quote:
"Transnational"?? LOL that was supposed to be transactional, now there is a spell checker error of international significance.