Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 18-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Suspended
Hey LindseyLou

This is just my experience but I'd say you can teach the relaxation needed to allow channelling to happen. You can also teach meditation, and teach your example and your experiences while channelling. You could also channel for someone while they watch so they can see how it works and allay any doubts about whether it's possible. Anyone is capable of channelling, because everybody is telepathic. It's not hard to hear higher beings who want to talk to you because they can drop fairly effortlessly to be on your level, the 'hard' part is not being scared or overwhelmed or having your reality shaken about by your own resistance!

I think the act of channelling itself is more of an allowing. The individual wanting to channel has to be ready and willing to relinquish control, particularly the psychological sort. I think 90% of channelling is being ready to do it in your soul, and matching that readiness to a desire to do it for good reasons. Once that's in place, when you learn to relax and let it happen (that's a skill you can teach) it's pretty natural and easy because anything that your soul truly wants is natural and easy!

I know many people have had great success in groups and workshops. I've never taken one, but I imagine they would be good for building confidence and giving each other encouragement. I tend to be solitary, I know a lot of people like to be more social about it. It's nice to learn with others so you can celebrate your success with others. It's up to you which way you do it. I'd say if you want to get a teacher don't spend a fortune on one! Channelling may be a lot easier than you think!

I personally find a lack of competition or expectation (and I know this depends on the group you have) to be very helpful. I find I'm very vulnerable emotionally when I channel, I know I would have blocked the development of the ability if I'd felt watched when I was trying to learn. For example I did a lot of crying in the early days. Being quite shy, I wouldn't have wanted to do that in front of others, so a group would have hindered, not helped me. You might be different, or take comfort in the presence of others.

I think there's no harm in doing it alone or in a group, I would say pick the group carefully because collective expectation is very powerful and you don't want to put pressure on your first experience. I also think there's an limit to how much you can be taught before the emphasis will be on relaxing, allowing and meditation (all practicals!) which you can learn in a classroom or sitting cross legged on the living room floor at home.

Personally, channelling is the best thing that ever happened to me, but I came to it when I was ready. Until Azrael told me what we were doing I didn't even know what a channel was! One day he just appeared in my life and started talking to me. I just sat there thinking....'what the hell is this nonsense??' Then over time other angels (and the occasional ET too) started introducing themselves. I think there was only one I've ever actually asked to meet, the others just occurred in their own time!

I'd suggest you give it a good try at home first, then if you do get a communication and you feel you want to try a group to enhance your ability, you at least enter into it knowing you're capable.

Hope this helps

Hol