Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 10-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Unfortunately the website didn't load .
Maybe you could tell here what is written on the website.
Serrao, try again. I checked the links just now and they opened. It is not easy to explain what is in those links because of sketches.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Maya..ha!
Illusion...ha!

My God, the skin on my fingertips touching each key now is not
really skin! The silver plastic of the keys is not what it appears to be!
My body is 99.99999% empty space.

I look at my hand and it isn't even a hand.
It is atoms vibrating in a fashion to appear as a hand to
these gelatinous orbs picking up and interpreting these slower
forms of vibration
transmitting information to this receiver in me.

Illusion? Ha...the Dance of the Atoms! The Divine Lila, the Cosmic Dance....in Hinduism.

What is it called in quantum physics? Another name...

And this is my Lesson today in The Course of Miracles ...
(to be pondered every half hour today) " I am determined to see."
tomorrow's " I am determined to see differently."

The Course says this is a dream of the ego...our separation from
our Source or Heaven is the illusion...
that we have never left...that is the 'miracle' in ACIM...
to change our egoic Thought System to perceive the reality that we are
in Heaven now
...this is the miracle that
we change to the Holy Spirit's Thought System...
seeing things as they really are.

Altered states...I love that term.
Ok, ready for my coffee now....good question and thread, Serrao.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
The whole focus of Hinduism is understanding the grand illusion of Maya through viveka or discrimination, meditation and yoga and realizing the truth by oneself.

When one realizes the truth by oneself it will almost surely differ from the truth realized by others. The Hindu-philosophy looks a lot like a wellknown statement from the Tao: The Tao that is explainable is not the Tao; your Tao can differ from my Tao.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The Course says this is a dream of the ego...our separation from
our Source or Heaven is the illusion...
that we have never left...that is the 'miracle' in ACIM...
to change our egoic Thought System to perceive the reality that we are
in Heaven now
...this is the miracle that
we change to the Holy Spirit's Thought System...
seeing things as they really are.

Jesus said that The Kingdom of God, Heaven, resides within ones being. No matter what type of body we possess, spiritual body or incarnated, we can create "External Heaven" or "Maya" in whatever realm we live in.

Altered states...I love that term.
Ok, ready for my coffee now....

According to quantum physics that is only 0,00001% coffee and 99,99999% nothing .
And yet satisfying .

good question and thread, Serrao.

Thanks, Miss Hepburn .
Old 10-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Serrao, try again. I checked the links just now and they opened. It is not easy to explain what is in those links because of sketches.

I looked at both webpages and the information is very technical. I'm more a right-brained than a left-brained person, so the information is difficult for me to grasp. Maybe you could write in simple words the difference between Truth and Maya?
Old 10-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Master
Quote:
The raising of ones vibration is a well known subject. I have heard many versions of it and they all seem legit.
I would like to ask you this question too; how should one raise ones vibration?
Through prayer, mantra, meditation and good living
Old 10-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Master

mAyA is a term used to indicate that how we see ourselves in the world is not quite how we fit in the world. The first link shows pictorially that we define ourselves by identification with our bodies such that everything about us is contained within our bodies. Our personalities is this view are thus contained within our bodies. In the second link, our bodies are merely a point location in space with our personalities radiating outward from this point. This extension is, in theory, infinite in space and time. mAyA is thus what causes this "inversion" of our view and in turn the cause of our misery. lIlA, commonly spelled leela, is the power of the Creator that leads to mAyA and is the basis of creation itself.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Through prayer, mantra, meditation and good living

Prayer, mantra, meditation and good living are also known and proven aspects/factors to achieve enlightenment and remain enlightened. Do you think raisng the vibration and enlightenment are related?
Old 11-02-2015, 02:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
mAyA is a term used to indicate that how we see ourselves in the world is not quite how we fit in the world. The first link shows pictorially that we define ourselves by identification with our bodies such that everything about us is contained within our bodies. Our personalities is this view are thus contained within our bodies. In the second link, our bodies are merely a point location in space with our personalities radiating outward from this point. This extension is, in theory, infinite in space and time. mAyA is thus what causes this "inversion" of our view and in turn the cause of our misery. lIlA, commonly spelled leela, is the power of the Creator that leads to mAyA and is the basis of creation itself.

Thank you .
Do you also know what scripture this information comes from?
Old 11-02-2015, 07:20 AM
Master

Quote:
When one realizes the truth by oneself it will almost surely differ from the truth realized by others. The Hindu-philosophy looks a lot like a wellknown statement from the Tao: The Tao that is explainable is not the Tao; your Tao can differ from my Tao.

The truth over here is not something that is realized by thought. It is by cessation of thought in meditation, that one arrives at the truth. Since it is non-conceptual, it is not bound to differ from person to person.

Consciousness minus conceptualisation is the eternal Brahman the absolute; consciousness plus conceptualisation is thought. -- Yoga Vasistha

And this is the reason why enlightened masters statements on the ultimate reality is identical to each others.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon