Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 31-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Deactivated Account

Engery or Awareness

I have been trying to actively move energy around my body and focus my awareness on parts of my body for a long time.

I thought i was able to feel the energy moving around though I realized last night, that it was only my awareness.

The energy I suddenly felt build as I focused on an area then move around was so obvious I do not know how I could of mistaken awareness as energy.

Rather then moving the energy with my mind i was feeling the energy and moving if from the energy - if that makes sense ;p
Old 31-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Sangress

I'm curious, what would you say the difference between energy and awareness is? How did you come to this conclusion that you were feeling awareness rather than energy? Couldn't it be both at once?
Old 31-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Deactivated Account

I was working on awareness first and it feels more substantial then what I have more recently felt.

I also move it differently, I move awareness with my mind, where as I move the energy by moving the energy itself.

Plus this last time I was trying to move energy. I figured at first I was feeling both, but if that was the case it wouldnt feel different
Old 28-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Experiencer
Actually, I tend to believe that energy and awareness are too intertwined to really separate the way that you're saying. Robert Bruce is always saying "Energy flows where attention goes," and I think that's pretty accurate. We use a kind of tactile awareness of the body to manipulate and direct our own energy, which assists in causing the physical perception of tingling and whatever else that happens afterward to identify where the focus of your energy is. Keep trying what you were doing, I think you'll get good results.
Old 29-02-2012, 02:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
I have been trying to actively move energy around my body and focus my awareness on parts of my body for a long time.

I thought i was able to feel the energy moving around though I realized last night, that it was only my awareness.

The energy I suddenly felt build as I focused on an area then move around was so obvious I do not know how I could of mistaken awareness as energy.

Rather then moving the energy with my mind i was feeling the energy and moving if from the energy - if that makes sense ;p

Athymari... This sounds like you are aware of energies at a more subtle level of feeling, which is a good step.

Energy follows awareness, doesn't it? Another way to say it is, energy flows where our attention goes.

Xan

Old 14-04-2012, 06:50 AM
skeptical

So it is as simple as that, I always wondered.

I always sensed energy, could read through it, but I could not visually see auras until a few years ago. Someone was describing her ghost experiences and I watched her aura go up the stairs in search of the ghost she was describing. It fits with where awareness flows, energy follows.
Old 20-04-2012, 01:15 PM
res

Quote:

I think i am with you Athymari, Is it something like this example:
if there were a continuous line of ants running from your shoulder to your finger tips and you focussed your attention on your elbow you would be aware of the ants walking at that point. if you focussed on your wrist you too would be aware of the ants walking at that point also.

If you want to be able to feel the actual energy moving it may help to be gently aware of your whole arm from shoulder to finger tip before you send your intent for the amplified energy to flow. Probably start with your right arm. Doing this in a semi meditive state should enable you to track the speed that the energy flows from shoulder to finger tip to eliminate the feeling of only being aware that energy was there the whole time. For me it flows at a steady rate every time and takes about 10 seconds to span the length of my arm in a relaxed state. The point that it reaches the recipient is usually identified by a slight jerk or "what is that?" reaction, which helps to validate its path to me atleast.

After the energy is flowing you can hold your hands in prayer stance but about 3cm apart. Bring your awareness to the space between your palms and move your hands in and out no more than 1mm. You should be able to feel a magnetic resistance like a vacume between the palms.

The more aware you become of the magnetic field it will resemble as though your hands were surrounded by water as the bio electromagnetic energy from your hands combines with the etheric vitality surrounding them. The same feeling that you have as your hands make their way through the water while swimming, if that makes sense to you.

It is very simple hey and its shame that every person who gives a hug to someone and really means it, is missing out on feeling this due to the heightened state of consciousness that is needed to function during the day to day.
Old 26-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Henri77

Yes one can focus awareness-consciousness anywhere in or out of the body.

For me, moving energy is more a matter of will than mind. (the Nike phrase, "just do it" seems appropriate)
I seem to will it (control it) from my heart, when doing ChiGong, rather than from mind.

If I use mind-imagination, it's still my heart that actually moves the energy.
Using mind alone is possible, but for ME is much less effective.

It's said the best healers work from the heart, in union with the universe-god. Though that is perhaps more like channeling, rather than controlling.
For me it's like a dance I do with the universe.
Old 26-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Rumar

Quote:

A great starting point is meditation when it comes to learning how to move energy from one point to another and creating more energy in case if you're about to take on a hefty task.

First, try to visualize the room from your toe's perspective. What does the room look like at the level where your toe is, then focus on the design and build of the toe from bone to skin. You don't have to have anatomy as your major, just the general idea will help. By doing this, some believe it can help open the paths for your energy which in a sense "unlocks chakra gates/barriers". By understanding your body, you can begin to fill it with energy by will, after working from toe to toe then through foot and the other foot, work your way through the body. Bone, organs, tissue, etc. Then try to visualize your entire body lying on the bed, by displacing your consciousness, this can help start your APing experience. The more you try this, the easier it will be to leave your body/remote view.

Then over time, you will be able to unclot veins/arteries, you can control your body heat, help smooth out your skin, help inside and outside of your body. To be able to heal your wounds quicker as well, my mentor was able to inflict a fresh injury, then he moved his finger over it and you could see almost instantaneously his body has healed it, just a faint mark was left. He did this A LOT to prove that what he was doing was the real deal. It wasn't just that though, there was a chain of talents he would show with energy work, I'm still learning but I will eventually be able to demonstrate such for you.

Lastly for the meditative beginning, when you see your body, try to visualize it as a bottle/jar shaped like a human, fill it up with water like energy or perhaps whatever the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the term Energy. This could be of anything, mechanics, electricity, fire, water, etc. This is how I began APing as well.
Old 28-04-2012, 02:00 PM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
For me, moving energy is more a matter of will than mind. (the Nike phrase, "just do it" seems appropriate)
I seem to will it (control it) from my heart, when doing ChiGong, rather than from mind.

If I use mind-imagination, it's still my heart that actually moves the energy.
Using mind alone is possible, but for ME is much less effective.

It's said the best healers work from the heart, in union with the universe-god. Though that is perhaps more like channeling, rather than controlling.
For me it's like a dance I do with the universe.

Im not sure i understand you. Are you saying that you heart has a consciousness that can will the movement of energy?

Is it possible that your heart/emotion is the trigger for your mind to react and will the energy to move from your heart centre toward the recipient?