Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 06-12-2015, 03:49 AM
Seeker

I recently had an experience with a wolf at a zoo. I have had a strong respect for wolves, or a healthy fear of them I guess, for most of my life. Anyway, I decided that I was going to face my fear and go interact with this wolf. As I walked up it locked eyes with me and would not look away. So I wouldn't look away either. People around me noticed what was happening (not many people were there) and were commenting about it. I walked over to the end of the enclosure where it was and it ran to the other end. I thought it was a coincidence so I went to that end and it ran back to the other end. I didn't want to upset it so I left. It blew me away that an animal I was so afraid of was so intimidated by me.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Suspended
This sounds normal for a penned up animal.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:36 PM
Administrator
Many years ago we had wolves living with nature as they should be it was before my lifetime,but every so often it is said that they are going to be introduced back.i don't like to see them behing bars I think they should be left free.

Namaste
Old 07-12-2015, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator
Yes I am sorry to see Wolves in a zoo. I suppose it is understandable if the Wolves have been so hurt or have become too used to human contact through some earlier experiences, and they aren't able to return to the wild. But otherwise it is unforgivable.

The Wolf was probably sad, and living a half-life. It was curious about you, and you have had a one-to-one experience with its Soul. What did you feel from it?
Old 08-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Master
I was able to spend some time with some lovely wolves surprisingly enough in Florida as well... except it was at a Sanctuary in my hometown for animlas that people had been keeping as pets (Wolves and hybrids)

It's so sad that people don't understand the power of these animals and insist on keeping them as "pets"

The animals that I was able to interact with were very used to being around people so they were quite affectionate and loving. I spend a lot of time on the floor cuddling one in particular :)

They would make appearances at local events, they are a fantastic organization with very well trained handlers.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 08-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
I've never come across this term before... How would you (personally) define it - what does it mean to you?

FROM WIKIPEDIA

Therianthropy is the mythological ability of human beings to metamorphose into other animals by means of shapeshifting. It is possible that cave drawings found at Les Trois Frères, in France, depict ancient beliefs in the concept. The most well known form of therianthropy is found in stories concerning werewolves.

-Lord Rama to Laxman