Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 20-07-2011, 02:21 AM
ThoughtBroadcaster

any good books or online recources on healing mental disorders?

i am looking for books or online recources on healing mental disorders with kundalini yoga or another form of yoga. i am currently learning some of the meditation in the book {Kundalini Yoga Meditation for Complex Psychiatric Disorders: Techniques Specific for Treating the Psychoses, Personality, and Pervasive Developmental Disorders} but need more information. so if you know please let me know.
Old 24-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Enlightener

Hmm, I am not very well acquainted with these methods, I have gone the normal route of medication and sheer will, plus healing time and rest.

I have also heard that yoga may not be the best thing for psychosis, or mental disorders? Why did you choose this as your method?

I know that my last experience with Yoga did indeed lead to a semi-psychotic episode, which lasted quite a number of weeks.

You may want to look at this;

http://bipolarblast.wordpress.com/20...opendialogdoc/

This may be informative, basically, don't over meditate, don't over do a practice.

http://www.kktanhp.com/kundalini.htm

There's also a yoga forum here, which you may post if you wish, get more information about what you are trying to do.

http://www.yogaforums.com/

This is the only thing I could find on Yoga pertaining to healing mental illness. Not very informative though.

http://isps-us.org/blog/?p=141

And there's this; didn't really have a good read, but may be worth a look;

http://www.yogadangers.com/

Blessings,

Eblsaha
Old 27-07-2011, 04:57 AM
ThoughtBroadcaster

i herd and looked at the book case studys and decided that i am going to use kundalini yoga to get well. if all fails than i am going to awaken the serpent. does anyone know anything about the magic mantra? i learned about it in the book i mentioned before. does it awaken the kundalini or is the extreme bliss it gives you something different?
Old 29-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Angel247

Actually any Yoga should do the trick but it all depends on what mental condition you have. I have anxiety disorder and I take no medication, Just gentle yoga, to clear my head. It works wonders!
It's whatever fits you and your lifestyle. Don't rely on books or anything else to tell you what is best for you. Research each type of yoga online and go with what fits you the best. If you try it out and don't like it, move on to the next.
Good luck!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:06 AM
travelgirlfl

Amy Weintraub is, I believe, one of the top in the field to use yoga for depression & anxiety including bipolar I think though I'm not sure about other psychiatric conditions. Google her. She's awesome! She healed her own long time struggles with depression with yoga and breath work. Namaste...
Old 07-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Seven

I was depressed most my life and have schizo affective disorder...or possibly did!? Not sure yet. I just started doing deep breathing active meditation while driving on my delivery job and since then, keeping my emotions and thoughts balanced is damn near effortless, it's only a few breaths away. Try retraining yourself to breath beginning with your lower diaphragm, it's worked wonders for me. I feel if you correct the improper posture and breathing habits and stay mindful of relaxing you will find great lasting peace.

Just my 2 cents.