Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 07-02-2011, 06:35 PM
nalan

my own dream city--have you experienced this?

My subconscious (I think) has created a city that I routinely visit. It's not lucid dreaming because I don't realize I was in my dream city until I wake.

Each visit something has grown. The latest addition is an airport which is good, but I have to take a very scary interstate to get there. Still working on what that means.

The city has gone from a little village and a school (where I often met with my kindred friend who died, and when I met with her, I knew I was dreaming...and that led to some really good interactions with her), to the addition of mountains, a lake, an industrial section, a goofy section. Things like that.

I take it as a positive that I have my own little city, but I'd like to be lucid aside from when I'm meeting with my old friend.

Still, maybe if I am lucid, I'll take away something? Dunno!

What about you?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Master
I don't dream I'm in a city in fact when I meditate I tend to go visit "heaven" and I go to healing temples, I go sit in lectures given by people such as Jesus, I go to the gardens etc.
So I kind of know what you are talking about.
Spiritlite.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Enya

I used to have dreams taking place in cities which were a mixture of actual places I knew, with added constructions and areas I accepted in the dream as being part of the city while knowing they weren't in the real one.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Master
Those sound like awesome dreams :)
Old 08-02-2011, 12:01 AM
nalan

I'm glad to know others have sort of similar experiences. I'd like to hear more.
Old 17-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Ljenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
I used to have dreams taking place in cities which were a mixture of actual places I knew, with added constructions and areas I accepted in the dream as being part of the city while knowing they weren't in the real one.

I have this quite a bit as well! Usually my neighborhood but everything is just different.

Last edited by Ljenkins : 17-02-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 20-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Simon Karlos

Greetings Nalan and everyone!

What awesome dreams! If you wish, you can interpret them in terms of how you feel during them, upon awakening, as well as the way you feel about the various details as you recall them. Emotions are key to understanding dreams (and this equally includes the waking dream called "life" as well). Intellectual interpretations are often too rigid, whereas our emotions are quite fluid and act as pathways to inner experience. We literally ride emotions, in a multidimensional and even linear sense, and the mind interprets this in terms of time/space, whereas consciousness is truly boundless. :)

You may want to look at any recent additions to your dream-city as representative of new thoughts, feelings and ideas that have become part of your attention, and thus your current vibration. The airport can be seen perhaps in terms of freedom, flight and your accelerating vibration; and the "scary interstate" perhaps in terms of fear and excitement over the idea of how fast you are moving in your life to your next "level," goal or destination (not "final destination," of course, as the airport represents a faster, more accelerated means of transportation than a highway, for you to travel much further--clearly symbolized the by airplane). Cities, with its many streets and communities are symbols that relate to energy structures in consciousness, both "physical" and "non-physical." The human brain and body have been symbolically represented in various forms of art as a city, a vibrant community of busy streets (nerves, cells, meridians, neural pathways, etc.) and centers (chakras, such as a "kingdom," "city hall," " the heart of the city," "Main Street" as the primary energy channel from root to crown, etc.).

The funny thing is that dreams themselves are but interpretations of consciousness, symbolic representations of what one may call the "non-physical vibration" in the broad sense of the word, including what we call physical reality and more subtle dimensions such as astral, causal, mental, etc. So, when we "interpret" dreams we are attempting to interpret an interpretation. :) Therefore, despite the silly--though potentially helpful--"interpretations" I shared above, an emotional, intuitive awareness of how your dreams really FEEL is key.

Also (grins), you may find some connections with the symbols of the city, airport and interstate in terms of human technology, the computer, Internet, as well as psychic communications, example: "thought transferance" (an "old-school" term for telepathy, don't ask me why I mentioned it!), clairoyance, remote viewing. :) As for technology, it is quite apparent to many that humans have been (often unconsciously) attempting to duplicate what we can already do psychically, as a natural function of the soul/consciousness. Inventions such as the telegraph, telephone, movie projector, radio, radar, TV, computer, Internet, cell phones, etc., and--in the not-too-far future--"Matrix" and "Avatar"-like virtual reality technology, which is well in development as I type this.

Well, enjoy your expanding city, your expanding world, your expanding universe and your expanding consciousness, my friend! I really appreciate your intelligent post. And my heartfelt blessings to your dear kindred friend. ;-)

Blessings
Kar
Old 20-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Zeliar791

I keep thinking of the Shin Megami series when I read these posts. I really do like the spiritual element in a lot of these Japanese games. On the other hand America games tend to be mindless puzzles, or action games. Anything related to frontal lobe activity it would seem.
Old 20-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Master
I have recurrent dreams about a city, but I never feel good about the dreams. Lots of brick buildings, and I am always descending, and under the city is another city. Once I'm in the underground city, it's hard to get out. I also dream of various houses with hidden rooms and I'm always trying to get to them, yet there's a lot of fear involved to get to them as well. In fact, last week, I dreamt of this one house again and in the dream my daughter was with me and I asked her to go upstairs with me to the other rooms of the house we've not yet visited. We started too, both of us scared, but then I woke up. I always wake up before I get to those rooms.
Old 26-03-2011, 05:33 AM
Ciqala

Hey Nalan, i'm just going to put another perspective out there.
I have always been a natural lucid dreamer, what I have found, is sometimes when you are not lucid, you still explore significant places in the dream realm. It could be a real dream, even if not lucid.
I'm not saying this isn't your subconscious, but just in case, I will share some of my experiences so you might understand better.

I only have 2% of dreams that are subconscious dreams. The other percentage makes up what I call "real dreams", and of course lucid dreams, but i won't go there. So I may not be lucid, but i'm still travelling to actual locations. This may sound half like lunacy, but you have to comprehend those actual locations, can be places which truly exist in this waking world, or they can be places which exist in other dimensions, realities and realms, back in time, or in the future, you can also at times visit actual places you know, but in the dream realm it looks different the dream realm is connected to the astral realms. Just because you are not awake in a dream (lucid) does not mean you cannot access places that exist in astral realms.
Just because you are not lucid, does not mean you aren't exploring the lucid realm.

I often go to the same places, and inside the dream i vaguely remember "oh i've been here before" but i still do not become awake in the dream fully, or perhaps i don't have that realization at all, and i wake up and realize it.
When I remember my dreams, i can remember dreams i've had since childhood, i remember all my dreams and can connect the dots. I remember all the places i've ever gone to, and i often go back to these places in my dreams. They are real places, they may not exist in this world, or they may, but they exist in the other realms. I've seen places i can describe in extreme detail. Usually when you see places or things you cannot possibly imagine, you can consider it real. I guess once you become good at lucid dreaming you will know how to tell the difference.

Anyways, i could write forever about all the places i go to in real dreams when i'm not even lucid (but i won't), but for a quick example, I always go back to a conference building, i can remember in full detail, where i meet up with alive people, they are all around my age, and we meet up in dream time to communicate and plan about upcoming changes on the earth. I'm not lucid in these dreams, but somehow i still know what i'm doing. I've gone back to the same places, and cities, and locations, said places are real.
So it is possible, that you are still exploring the dream realms, without being lucid. Just thought I would put that possibility in there.