Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-01-2020, 02:14 AM
Pathfinder

God & Schizophrenia

Hello,

I have a question regarding the title. I was Catholic and became a buddhist because going to church wasn't for me. I was diagnosed as schizo recently because i hear "voices" in my head. I had a few episodes where I dont remember anything. Theyve put me on the rightt medication now but still hear voices in my head... the good voices- my spirit guides.

My question is are christians and all other religious people hear God's voice? Would that make you schizo too?

I was working with people with mental "illness" and whenever they have episodes, i telepathically send them msgs "leave him/her alone" and after an hour or so, they go back to normal and dont hear voices anymore.
Old 30-01-2020, 11:15 AM
Master
Spirituality is intrinsically linked with mental illness. Powerful spiritual experiences can completely throw a person off balance. Or a person may open up way too much for their own good.

I would say that schizophrenia is a condition where the person's spirituality has lost it groundedness. Affirming that I AM every day is a good way to get grounded again.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-01-2020, 01:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler1001
Hello,

I have a question regarding the title. I was Catholic and became a buddhist because going to church wasn't for me. I was diagnosed as schizo recently because i hear "voices" in my head. I had a few episodes where I dont remember anything. Theyve put me on the rightt medication now but still hear voices in my head... the good voices- my spirit guides.

My question is are christians and all other religious people hear God's voice? Would that make you schizo too?

I was working with people with mental "illness" and whenever they have episodes, i telepathically send them msgs "leave him/her alone" and after an hour or so, they go back to normal and dont hear voices anymore.

I too hear voices but only when I meditate or when I am asking for help, because I am very stubborn, I keep asking again and again and sometimes I hear answers back.

Once I heard: "What is your big problem?"; just few days ago, I asked for help with my depression and many voices talked as one and they said: "We can not help you..";

I truly think that there's a connection between schizo and reaching into the spiritual world, one thing to know, you have all the power, if you encounter something dark, be courageous and don't give in to fear!!
Old 30-01-2020, 06:19 PM
MAYA EL

Insanity and spirituality are side by side the only difference is belief.
The crazy person is only different from the spiritual person in the since that they thrue belief have given up the control of there realm (mind) and are subject to the will of the forces that control them and so the difference between spiritual and physical becomes distorted
Old 06-02-2020, 07:04 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you all for the replies.
Honza: "a person may open up way too much for their own good" im the opposite, i have alot of secrets mostly spiritual stuff, i think thats why i became schizo, i was also smoking weed. i cant smoke weed anymore, or just takinga long break, just in case :(

Thatman: lol im stubborn as well. i was depressed the last few months, i even thought of killing myself so many times and i fought it off because life is too beautiful to leave so soon! Keep asking your guides to help you on your journey. You have depression because you need to let go of something. whatever that is for you. I have released my biggest secret so im back to being myself.

Maya: i lost myself and found it again... i kept telling myself this is not my body i want my old body back (past life).
Old 08-02-2020, 02:52 AM
Experiencer

I have Paranoid Schizophrenia.. I have almost lost all hope for spiritual experience. Awhile back I was crying out to Jesus for help. I heard a voice claiming to be Jesus telling me that he is assigning me 2 Angels. Later on I found these Angels to be liars which tells me that they are not angels.

I now have a hard time accepting any experience as a spiritual one. They really need to prove themselves to me for me to accept them at all.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:00 AM
MAYA EL

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
I have Paranoid Schizophrenia.. I have almost lost all hope for spiritual experience. Awhile back I was crying out to Jesus for help. I heard a voice claiming to be Jesus telling me that he is assigning me 2 Angels. Later on I found these Angels to be liars which tells me that they are not angels.

I now have a hard time accepting any experience as a spiritual one. They really need to prove themselves to me for me to accept them at all.
Why do you want an experience? I keep hearing people say the same thing they all want a feel it in your bones overwhelming body/mind orgasm kinda thing or at least a weed high / mild experience but regardless experience that's pleasurable is what seems to be on everybody's list these days and my question is why? Isn't being alive and experienced enough? Look I've had so many experiences I don't want to take the time to write them all down but it's been a lot of different crazy experiences and drug-free at that and the irony behind it is I think the only reason I've had so many experiences is because I could care less for them. I don't give that much time of day nor do I seek them out because they're just a experience I'm more interested in the message and the meaning not the orgasm Plus your imagination will give you what you want if you want it bad enough and nothing worse than a false experience and getting your hopes up for no reason.