Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 19-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Constantly noticing presence of Ravens/crows?

For a long time in my daily life, I have come across Raven/crows, can't tell which is which, but anyway.. I've heard stuff about Ravens/crows being the sign of a prevalent god or goddess trying to reach you, or something about them being messengers in some manner.

Anyone else have possible input on this?
Old 03-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Niesmo

The crows have black beaks while the ravens have yellow beaks, ravens look like crows except they look like they're carrying something when in fact it's just light reflecting from their yellow beaks. The ravens from my experience seem to be smarter, you can try asking yes or no questions and see how they respond, they seem to know that you're looking at them and perch themselves strategically to draw your attention. I remember one time taking out my phone to take a picture and the raven flew away farther to avoid the picture the second I aimed the phone at it.

IMO, I think the black birds signify a time of change a time of enlightenment. They won't tell you what it is exactly why they are there, it's kind of a like a puzzle, it varies from person to person. They can be a warning as well. Pay very close attention to what you were thinking about during the time of their appearances. What was going on that day, what you have planned for the day maybe the following month, is there anything bothering you? You have to dig deep within the conscious and subconscious. Think of em as little check points. Whenever I see the black birds acknowledge my presence, I feel a sense of peace. Like I'm not alone, like there's something else to live for, just not sure what..
Old 03-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Crow as a 'power animal':
http://www.shamanicjourney.com/crow-...red-law-change
Old 21-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Guide

Here's an interesting video .. a raven gathering .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax5EkPlfWgw
Old 22-02-2016, 06:23 AM
Master
Hi Kashii, I've compiled some links re: ravens/crows, 3 of which are from SF (1 fr. here in the synchronicity subforum) & the 4th is wikipedia link of the 2 companion ravens of Odin from Norse mythology.

Hope you find something interesting or relevant in there somewhere. The wiki- link def. related to your question about them being messengers.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=83634
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=82423
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=89309
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huginn_and_Muninn
Old 23-02-2016, 01:51 PM
Experiencer

wow! just this past Sunday, my yard was covered with black crows! I noticed through the window and when I opened the front door to get a better look, they flew off and came right back, I swear there were hundreds in my front yard, it was amazing to me.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Knower
Far as I know Crows are the harbinger of change. It could forewarn that something new is approaching in that area like new people coming or environmental changes.

"Being born for the first time and being a human is like waking up on your birthday and opening a birthday present that is a surprise."
Old 11-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Experiencer
Crows are harbingers of change. In the countryside and in the towns, when they gather to make their parliaments it's a harbinger of Spring. When they leave the towns to make their roosts in the woods it's a harbinger of winter.
Old 28-03-2016, 06:51 AM
Newbie ;)

Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashii49829
For a long time in my daily life, I have come across Raven/crows, can't tell which is which, but anyway.. I've heard stuff about Ravens/crows being the sign of a prevalent god or goddess trying to reach you, or something about them being messengers in some manner.

Anyone else have possible input on this?

The same thing is happening to me. The first time I saw one of these birds, I sensed an intimate connection, and immediately gained the ability to see auras. Very little of significance has happened relating to them since, but I see them constantly, and have been for a year and a half now.

I have also researched multiple gods and goddesses who are affiliated with crows but none of the information I find resonates with me.

The best explanation I can come up with is they are symbols of the alchemical process Nigredo.

"There is a passage in the alchemical text Aurelia Occulta Philosophorum, where the transformative substance of the nigredo state describes itself:

"I am an infirm and weak old man, surnamed the dragon; therefore am I shut up in a cave, that I may become ransomed by the kingly crown...A fiery sword inflicts great torments on me; death makes weak my flesh and bones...My soul and my spirit depart; a terrible poison, I am likened to the black raven, for that is the wages of sin; in dust and earth I lie, that out of Three may come One. O soul and spirit leave me not, that I may see again the light of day, and the hero of peace whom the whole world shall behold may arise from me..."
"The head of the Raven" is another traditional name for the nigredo. It corresponds to the encounter with the shadow. Your ego and the shadow must eventually be reconciled. Your restlessness and disorientation come from your conscious experience of conflict between conscious and unconscious drives. The unconscious must be transformed. The Self, symbolized as a dragon, devours itself and dies, only to rise again when the work is perfected."

--from a Google search for "nigredo."

How many do you see? I always see either two or three. I want to make contact with this entity/entities but I have been unable thus far.