Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-01-2020, 03:48 PM
Master
I pray God to rid me of God.

Meister Eckhart illustrates the height of western non-dualism. This is why he is largely impossible to understand with our usual dualistic mind. When Eckhart says, “I pray God to rid me of God,” our logical mind would see this as nonsense! It takes unitive consciousness to discover what Eckhart means. There is no concept of God that can contain God. Your present notion of God is never it. [1] As Augustine said, “If you comprehend it, it is not God.” We can only come to know God as we let go of our ideas about God, and as what is not God is stripped away.

Before transformation, you pray to God. After transformation you pray through God, as official Christian prayers always say: “Through Christ our Lord. Amen!” Before radical conversion, you pray to God as if God were over there, an object like all other objects. After conversion (con-vertere, to turn around or to turn with), you look out from God with eyes other than your own. As Meister Eckhart put it in one of his Sermons, “The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God’s eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” [2] All we humans are doing is allowing God to “complete the circuit” within us—until we both see from the same perspective. [3] This is the “mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:16), which will be experienced as a “spiritual revolution” in thinking (Ephesians 4:22).

https://cac.org/meister-eckhart-part-ii-2015-07-16/
Old 27-01-2020, 06:59 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
As Augustine said, “If you comprehend it, it is not God.”/[/url]

Very nice.

Thanks for sharing, sky123.

Jl
Old 27-01-2020, 11:37 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Meister Eckhart illustrates the height of western non-dualism. This is why he is largely impossible to understand with our usual dualistic mind. When Eckhart says, “I pray God to rid me of God,” our logical mind would see this as nonsense! It takes unitive consciousness to discover what Eckhart means. There is no concept of God that can contain God. Your present notion of God is never it. [1] As Augustine said, “If you comprehend it, it is not God.” We can only come to know God as we let go of our ideas about God, and as what is not God is stripped away.

Before transformation, you pray to God. After transformation you pray through God, as official Christian prayers always say: “Through Christ our Lord. Amen!” Before radical conversion, you pray to God as if God were over there, an object like all other objects. After conversion (con-vertere, to turn around or to turn with), you look out from God with eyes other than your own. As Meister Eckhart put it in one of his Sermons, “The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God’s eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” [2] All we humans are doing is allowing God to “complete the circuit” within us—until we both see from the same perspective. [3] This is the “mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:16), which will be experienced as a “spiritual revolution” in thinking (Ephesians 4:22).

Neti neti.

And

Mind of the mind. Eye of the eye. Ear of the ear.
Old 29-01-2020, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Neti neti.

And

Mind of the mind. Eye of the eye. Ear of the ear.
I shall also do a totally unexpected of me thing here and correlate Corinthians with the Kena Upanishad:

""Not that which the eye can see, but that whereby the eye can see: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore;

Not that which the ear can hear, but that whereby the ear can hear: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore;

Not that which speech can illuminate, but that by which speech can be illuminated: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore;

Not that which the mind can think, but that whereby the mind can think: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore"". - Kena Upanishad 1:5 - 1:8
Old 29-01-2020, 06:07 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I shall also do a totally unexpected of me thing here and correlate Corinthians with the Kena Upanishad:

""Not that which the eye can see, but that whereby the eye can see: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore;

Not that which the ear can hear, but that whereby the ear can hear: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore;

Not that which speech can illuminate, but that by which speech can be illuminated: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore;

Not that which the mind can think, but that whereby the mind can think: know that to be Brahman the eternal, and not what people here adore"". - Kena Upanishad 1:5 - 1:8

Oh my Gosh

I feel it

Thank you so much, Shivani Devi, O Thee Goddess

Jl
Old 28-01-2020, 05:01 AM
Guide

Angel1

Quote:

Wow!!! It’s like there was something that I had been trying to figure out for a long time that I was able to figure out just by reading this one post.

That being said ...

Greatest post of all time!!! lol
Old 28-01-2020, 06:51 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark
Wow!!! It’s like there was something that I had been trying to figure out for a long time that I was able to figure out just by reading this one post.

That being said ...

He’s amazing.
Old 28-01-2020, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark

That being said ...

Happy that you got something from it
Old 28-01-2020, 05:32 AM
Master

Quote:

What you quoted doesn't make sense to me, but I accept that it might be because of me, and I'm okay with not getting it. One's koan is another's oxymoron.

My question to you, and to those who enthusiastically received your post, is: if you don't understand something (like what Eckhart stated) how do you know it's right (he's right)? It is just a matter of faith you put in him, isn't it? Can't argue with faith ... People start wars to validate (impose) their truth (affirmed by their faith).

We experience what we believe. There is no objective reference, is it? So, nothing is dual!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 28-01-2020, 06:53 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
What you quoted doesn't make sense to me, but I accept that it might be because of me, and I'm okay with not getting it. One's koan is another's oxymoron.

My question to you, and to those who enthusiastically received your post, is: if you don't understand something (like what Eckhart stated) how do you know it's right (he's right)? It is just a matter of faith you put in him, isn't it? Can't argue with faith ... People start wars to validate (impose) their truth (affirmed by their faith).

We experience what we believe. There is no objective reference, is it? So, nothing is dual!

I pretty much only affirm what I know for myself. Not as an experience, per se, it through spiritual insights...namaste,

Jl