Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 15-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Bella

My Doctor.

There is this television show (sci fi) from the UK called Doctor Who that I recently have gotten into. A couple days ago I was watching an episode when all of a sudden I started to reflect on my childhood dreams. What triggered it conciously was how dream-like the show visually is and the eye contact The Doctor & Rose Tyler (his companion) frequently experience with eachother and the emotions it was strongly bringing up in me. The show is very humourus and totally wacky, but also can be very heart breaking. Well, when I started to reflect I started to realise all my childhood dreams up to the age of 10 all consisted in the end of keeping an appointment with some doctor in the dream.

No matter what I was experiencing in the dream there was always this constant reminder in me that I had to keep this "appointment" of seeing him and would eventually have to drop everything I would be going through to find him.

If my memory serves me correct, the first dream I had of getting to "know him" began as me venturing through this massive forest area along a road, also four years old in the dream as I was in real life, holding a reindeer stuffie I also had in real life. I kept walking and walking, when I reached my destination.

I was sitting in a waiting room, a massive one at that and could see these lady secreteries not far from me taking calls and such. I had no idea what was going on. I then remember one of those ladies coming up to me smiling very warmly and taking my hand as she said the doctor would see me now. I made sure to hold onto my reindeer stuffie. I vaugly remember something to do with the heart, if my memory is right I think I asked her why I had to see a doctor and she said it was to do with my heart. When the moment came that I saw this doctor, I instantly reached for his hand in instinctive - overwhelming trust and asked him if there would be pain.

Another example I can think of right now is when I was five? and dreamnt i was standing in the middle of nowhere in a massive white void nothing existed around me but this simple cupcake with aqua blue icing on it and lots of sprinkles I was devouring. I was being told by some lady that I had an appointment with my dentist but I was refusing to go. I kept standing there eating the cupcake and refused more. I could see far away a faint vision of the dentist & his chair waiting for me. I remember then another lady came up behind me, putting her hand firmly on my shoulder as she strongly in an authoritan voice told the other lady that I had to keep my appointment with the doctor and with gentle force led me quickly, hurridly away. I remember having this strong feeling I wasent in a 'safe area' or something.

When I got to him, as with every other time I experienced his presence in my dreams, I'd always reach up and take his hand instantly before saying anything. We'd walk for which seemed like a long while forward, through hallways, and he'd continously ask me questions about my life. I'd never hesitate to be honest, and when I got too sad when talking he'd always find a way to make me laugh and smile. I remember his eyes and smile well. We'd then find ourselves at a door, and I'd always look up at him (he was very very tall ...) and he'd smile warmly, gently, and remind me each time how I won't remember the process behind that door and gently squeeze my hand. Everytime before I'd go through that door, in which I don't remember anything after, I'd emotionally break down very vividly in fear, panic, sadness, vunerablity .... he'd make sure to get me through that door always.

Does anyone have any idea what this all means ????

Was he an angel .... a spirit guide ..... ??

I dreamnt of him every night, in the end, my imagination cannot be that constant for that many years without him being someone/something else entirely.
Old 18-01-2011, 09:58 AM
blackfellawhitefella

i'm hanging around here waiting to hear what you think/feel about your 'remeberance' now that a few days have passed.

more please.
Old 18-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Experiencer
Hi Bella,

I also like Doctor Who! Recurring dreams about someone who displays unconditional love and shows an interest in your life certainly suggests a guide figure to me, and I agree that for him to come to you so constantly, he is almost certainly someone who is helping you.

While dreaming we are no longer restricted by our physical bodies, but because the dreams are controlled by our subconscious we usually end up wandering about in a nonsensical environment of our own creation instead of successfully connecting with loved ones or gaining understanding. Experienced guides can come to us in our dreams, though, and show us what to do, and it is not uncommon for them to take us for a visit home where they will teach us or help us through healing processes (though we often don't consciously remember these journeys, the result stays with us all the same). What you describe about your intense emotional vulnerability sounds like a powerful healing experience. My guide has told me I've been on a few trips home like this while dreaming, too, though sadly I don't remember any of them.

Have you dreamed of him again since childhood?
Old 20-01-2011, 01:35 PM
JennySmedley

I have had these kinds of dreams too - I think it's impossible for the human mind to grasp all the possibilities, but I would suggest this could have been either:
Your soul angel - that angel which you are a part of and who steers you through and between every life that your soul experinces.
An elder - helping to guide you through life.
An ascended master, ditto.
A past life aquaintence.
Astral travel into the spirit world or an alternate dimension.
Very interesting anyway!
Jenny x