Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 04-07-2012, 05:27 PM
LaurenAus

how to get interested with the physical

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but I realize I am somewhat of a dreamer. Most of the time I am in my head daydreaming, thinking, analyzing, etc. And somewhere along the way I lost interest in the practicality of daily life. It's holding me back from a lot of things I want and need. I just don't become excited at the thought of using my hands a lot or figuring out how things work. Is this something I can overcome or is it something I have to learn to live with? How do I gain interest back in what's in front of me and the physical? Can anyone relate?
Old 04-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Deactivated Account

I totally relate. I am exactly the same.

I spend alot of time in my head, daydream, inner work/meditation type work. Thinking on what there might be out there that I cant perceive.

After some of the things I have seen in my dream on projections, the earth is like my back yard. Most of us are more interested in what lies beyond it.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:21 PM
misscelt

Me too. At times it has been a problem for me (for the most part back in my school years), but if you can learn to work with it instead of against it and use it to your advantage it can be an asset. Most people don't have the ability to dream or visualize. Working in the creative field allows me to still spend plenty of time in my head while being productive at the same time. I don't really see it as something that needs to be overcome, I look at it as a gift.

That being said, I DO have the ability to focus when I need to. The easiest way to get myself to do that is by offering myself some sort of reward for my time focusing. Sad but true, lol! :)
Old 06-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Deactivated Account

I have become a master at working AND doing my inner visualisation work at the same time lol.

Only way to through a mind numbing day.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:22 PM
misscelt

Certainly makes it bearable, doesn't it! The ultimate in multitasking... part of my consciousness focused here and the rest is somewhere else. It's hard to be bored when your entertainment comes with you. :)
Old 07-07-2012, 12:56 PM
merrie

Thanks for bringing this topic up. I needed to hear how others cope with it. I, too can always get back to focusing in the physical world. I sometimes feel as if I am two people in two different places.

Right now, I am feeling the need to just "chill" from either spectrum. Maybe vegetate for a while. I think thats when being in the "now" helps.

Merrie
Old 07-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Master

Start applying it to your life and although it is your life like it is mine, begin finding others that are like you, to become more social and express your views. I'm in highschool, but what I practice and things keep me out of all the drama, and if I needed an up to date of Anything, be it world events or anything, you can use what you practice to find out. Youll find that life is many times easier when you have these skills, to relax and meditate, the ground yourself, etc, bc you don't become overwhelmed as easily. If you need somehing, you got your law of attraction and other things to work with. Bc you know the inner workings of things, life gets easy and fast paced, I read books now at a huge pace, one bc I'm trying to absorb it all, and two I can simply pick up on the energy as I scan the book, thus one doesn't even need to directly read the words for total recall (it's like speed reading, but many times faster, just recently I finished a book over a thousand pages in under an hour. You can Dp this as well to collect any info you need. Plus, you shouldn't have to use your hands, you have all these skills for a reason,if you want to get involved with something you can make some phone calls to some important ppl, and work things out, (you just need an open throat chakra at that point.) There are so many things you can do and work on, don't think of then as two worlds but one. I started out like that as well, two very seperate worlds, then over to just spiritual stuff, then I swung the other way and slowly ingrained it into the real world and things changed my life :) for much better. Now I currently have my regular life filled with what I want it to be like. Now I have one, wonderful world.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 07-07-2012, 04:13 PM
LaurenAus

hi shade I can see what you're saying..to integrate the two making them a stronger whole. I haven't figured out how to do that though.

I like to know what's underneath, and the whole picture, sometimes the physical bores me. But the reason why I said I need to overcome this is it's hard to be in this world and ignore the physical plane obviously

I need to know how to do things because otherwise I feel insecure around others...
I need to be physical and detailed in my future career..
it's necessary in order to experience life.
Missing out on the physical makes me a more insecure person and it makes life much harder for me. So somehow I just have to suck it up and get super grounded but it's hard when I know there's so much MORE underneath the surface.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Master

So start digging dear, there is a reason you have those feelings and desires to explore further. There are careers in the spiritual fields as well, there is so much you can do as well. I'd focus on building up your self confidence and open your chakras. Your not missing out on the physical if you understand it better. You just haven't tied tombs two back together. Take one thing you know and apply it, then slowly take one thing at a time into your life. Start thinking you want to put things together and how to do it. We can work through it one step at a time if you'd like. You don't have to be all super grounded, you can just let things float away when you get stressed, in fact I like to float a bit and ground only when I need to :)

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/