Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-12-2012, 03:33 AM
Raven Poet

Dad and Chickadees

Hello. I wanted to share a beautiful experience that came to me recently. I really felt it was a gift for I have been grieving the death of my beloved Father (he crossed over into the Ancestors world on October 31, 2012. His name was Elvin.)

About a month after he crossed over, I took my beloved dog for a nice long walk in a favourite park on a beautiful sunny winter day. I intentionally went down one of my favourite pathways - it's pretty remote and quiet and has lots of spruce and birch and poplar alongside it. I started feeling sorrow over my Dad, and the tears started. A chickadee landed on a branch about four feet away from me, just above my head. I called to it, and the bird flew toward me and began fluttering around my head. (I can still hear the gentle scritching sounds of its wings/feet on my nylon parka hood!) I started to laugh. More chickadees gathered on the branches right above my head, and they all started fluttering around me, or chirping right in my face, looking at me with their shiny black little eyes. I kept asking "Is that you, Dad?" and then I started laughing and saying, "Hi, Dad!"

My Dad used to work cutting brush as a young man, and he had told me stories about feeding chickadees out of his hand when he was out in the bush. He and my Mom also nicknamed me Chickadee. Interestingly, in my Native tradition, my Spirit family is Bird Clan.

Sure, this could all be mere coincidence ... but what a groovy one. Just wanted to share it for others to read and ponder one of the greatest mysteries of this human existence: what happens after our body dies.

Have a Happy New year, everyone - keep on believing in what makes your heart happy! Raven Poet
Old 28-12-2012, 03:53 AM
MYFIGO

That is so sweet! I'm so glad you had this experience. It's a wonderful treasure!

I'm know you miss your Dad... I lost mine 20 years ago. He visits me time to time and I can smell his pipe tobacco. There are times I feel so close to him, even closer than when he was on earth.
Old 28-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Master

I have a friend who had a similar experience after her father died. I can't recall the story very well anymore but a bird start singing nearby. It must have flown up to her to catch her attention. I think she had asked for a sign from him. She was convinced it was her father letting her know he was fine.
Old 28-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Master
Dovetails with the kind of stuff that happens to me-grace in action.
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 28-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Master

Yes, birds very often appear as 'signs' after loved ones have passed over.
The analogy (freedom of spirit) is quite obvious when you think of it.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 28-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
That is so sweet! I'm so glad you had this experience. It's a wonderful treasure!

I'm know you miss your Dad... I lost mine 20 years ago. He visits me time to time and I can smell his pipe tobacco. There are times I feel so close to him, even closer than when he was on earth.

Yeah, me too - feel closer to my Dad now that he is in Spirit form (?) than when he was human. He had a hard life, and was a hard man at times. But now when I feel him, it's as if I sense his purity, now that all his human misery has been released.
Old 28-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Yes, birds very often appear as 'signs' after loved ones have passed over.
The analogy (freedom of spirit) is quite obvious when you think of it.

Thannks! That is good of you to post this affirmation. It gives me comfort knowing that I can still have a connection with my Dad even tho he's in another place.
Old 28-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Administrator
Hello

OMG to come and read this post after I just replied in another thread about a "Story" being told....to find this.

Cheerful and Truthful Expression

Chickadee is associated with the thinking process, higher mind and higher perceptions.
It is also associated with mystery and the feminine.
Chickadee can help you uncovering the mysteries of the mind.
With a Chickadee totem,
you can perceive more clearly in the dark and understand higher truths.
Chickadees are a social bird, usually traveling in groups,
and this is reflected in their totem people.
They love being with people and are usually cheerful and fearless.
For the Cherokee, Chickadee is the bird of truth.
People with this totem always tell the truth, no matter how much it hurts –
however, with Chickadee’s help, they can learn to express the truth in a manner
that heals, balances and opens the perceptions.
Truth can be shared in a way that adds joy to everyone’s lives.

This is what I found....

Lynn
Old 28-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Raven Poet

Hi, Lynn. Wow! Thanks for the info about Chickadees. I'm gonna go check out your other post! This info makes me feel really happy!
Old 31-12-2012, 04:34 AM
Master
I just want to give you hugs and to thank you for sharing your wonderful and amazing story. It's pure coincidence but I was remarking to my daughter this morning about how pretty the chickadee was on our December calendar. I've never paid attention to it before and here I am reading your posts on your Dad and the chickadees.