Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 06-11-2014, 02:34 AM
CJ82Sky

Diatomaceous Earth - any good?

recently i read about diatomaceous earth and how it's supposed to do a wonderful multitude of things from lowering cholesterol to boosting metabolism to making you feel better on so many levels. i know it's also good for animals to help prevent intestinal parasites, so i'm trying to find more information there for my horses, dogs, and cats. overall it sounds great, but i can't find any real studies on it, so wanted to see who had tried it, used it, or had any experience with it?

thanks!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Master
Yes.

Basically it has a negative charge, and attracts all the positively charge toxins in you're body! and grabs onto them, so you can eliminate them. Toxins slow down metabolism and effect cell function, cause disease and illness. I have kind of mentioned Diatomaceous earth afew times on here, and i have taken it myself in massive doses when i was injured.

It attracts and grabs onto these toxins, without you're body wasting too much energy! you see you're body can get rid of these toxins, but it involves energy and correct cell function. But as you can see toxins in the first place negatively effect cell function.

So things like Zeolite and Diatomaceous Earth are a massive helping hand to the body.

They used Zeolite which works exactly the same as Diamtomaceous Earth. They used it on victims of the Chernobyl Disaster! To remove radiation and heavy metals........

But for me from what i have researched...? Diatomaceous Earth is just as good, if not even better!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:45 AM
CJ82Sky

oh wow, sounds interesting. i've had it a few days so far mixed in water, but also had a friend from out of town visiting so haven't had a chance to get on a regular daily schedule yet with it. i plan to starting tomorrow or tuesday once i'm back to my normal routine.

i also mixed some in with my cats dry food and they really weren't a fan (but ate some at least) because the cats that go outside (i live on a farm) tend to have worms regularly and chemical dewormers can be really harsh.

hopefully it will work for me and my cats (and maybe i will try with the dogs too)! thanks!

would love to hear how it's helped anyone else or their pets if there are stories to share thanks!
Old 18-11-2014, 12:11 PM
zippyone

I take DE everyday (well most days, sometimes I forget!) its great, you will notice changes in 2-3 weeks. There is loads of anecdotal evidence on the web.

I also give it to my cats sometimes, mixed with tuna, and you can rub on the back of their necks if they show signs of fleas.

It's also great for skin and hair due to the silica :)
Old 18-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
recently i read about diatomaceous earth and how it's supposed to do a wonderful multitude of things from lowering cholesterol to boosting metabolism to making you feel better on so many levels. i know it's also good for animals to help prevent intestinal parasites, so i'm trying to find more information there for my horses, dogs, and cats. overall it sounds great, but i can't find any real studies on it, so wanted to see who had tried it, used it, or had any experience with it?

thanks!

We generally find that 'alternative' products don't have any real trials done on them, but they have hundreds of positive testimonials. I prefer the hard evidence of proper trials, because testimonials alone may be the outcomes of the placebo effect.
Old 18-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
We generally find that 'alternative' products don't have any real trials done on them, but they have hundreds of positive testimonials. I prefer the hard evidence of proper trials, because testimonials alone may be the outcomes of the placebo effect.

Products such as Zeolite and Diatomaceous have had plenty of research, as I said up above Zeolite which mechanically works the same way as DE, was used during the Chernobyl disaster. You're post up above is of no help to this woman, it is completely and utterly pointless. If you don't agree with her using DE, you should then give a alternative "With hard evidence" which works in the same way as DE! And I explained how it works up above.

If you can't help her out, then there is no reason for you to post.
Old 18-11-2014, 02:44 PM
zippyone

It is not placebo with DE, it has a noticeable positive physical effect, the first of which I noticed within just a few days was regular "nice" bowel movements! Eww sorry too much info maybe?
Old 21-11-2014, 04:36 AM
CJ82Sky

okay i've had bronchitis all week and have forgotten to take this. i think i need to get back to it. how much and how many times a day? i also forgot my thyroid meds - honestly i was so sick i just wanted to sleep (and couldn't bc i was coughing so much!). it has been SO long since i've been this sick, but i have been running around too much so i know it was forcing me to take care of myself.

goals - tomorrow start with DE and thyroid meds regularly to shed the excess weight and negativity and get back to being healthy like i usually am!

thanks all - love reading the info! please keep sharing!
Old 21-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Master
I took it because i drank contaminated water, at a athletics competition that i was competing at! which i believe effected my gut function.

Well anyway...

I used to take 1 table spoon per day before bed, and then as always i went mental and used to take 5 table spoons! i would not suggest you do this, because i was then going through a serious Herxheimer reaction. I only took a massive dose because, i wanted to just go hard for afew weeks and then stop taking it.

So yes one table spoon per day before bed, or early in the morning. But i think its best to do it at night before bed. When you sleep, that's when you're body really ramps up detoxification through various mechanisms such as Autophagy.

Diatomacous earth travels through you're body and attracts and binds positive charged particles inside the body such as heavy-metals, virus, free-radicals and bad bacteria, parasites. And then in the morning when you go the toilet, you will expel those toxins.

Again scientifically this is called adsorption, and such things like activated charcoal and Zeolite work in the same way. Oh activated charcoal is what they put in kidney dialysis machines to clean you're blood.

So yes it does work, its just that Pharmaceutical companies can't exaclty patent these things, so they are not exactly going to promote them! that's just business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nbVNW2y7PU
Old 22-11-2014, 04:38 AM
CJ82Sky

awesome thanks for the info! yeah i had been taking in the am because then i take it right with my thyroid supps and together they kinda get things going. do you think it makes a huge difference between am or pm?