Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 20-04-2014, 01:45 AM
Raven Poet

Oil of Oregano as Natural A.I. for fibromyalgia

Hi, everyone. I just wanted to share how delighted I am with a new anti-inflammatory I've been using for fibromyalgia pain.

Oil of Oregano! I bought it years ago for a chest cold. Recently I've been having more pain. The doctor wanted to put me on (Product name removed ) but when I read internet reviews of it, I got real scared! Then I came across a naturopath's website that spoke of using oil of oregano for inflammation/fibromyalgic pain. So I took the bottle out of my cupboard; figured I had nothing to lose (except for the owwie's!)

I did read that oil of oregano should not be used by people using blood-thinners. So like anything else, research is good to do.

But I thought I'd post this here for others who might want to try it! Wishing you all wellness and comfort!

Last edited by Lynn : 21-04-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 21-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Master
That is wonderful Raven! Thank you for sharing your instant success story with us. I have heard it is just an amazing gift from nature, also with incredible antifungal antibacterial antibiotic effect etc.. hearing you I will buy some next time I have enough money to spare.

Last edited by Lynn : 21-04-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 21-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Administrator
Hello

Please note this thread has been edited by SF Staff. We do not discuss medical prescription products by name ( legal liabilities ), and we do not post recipes for what we have tried.

Remember that there are allergies that can come into play with natural products like prescription medications that can be life threatening. We are free to share our own "personal" experiences with remedies but keeping in mind that "we" had no reactions to it.

I post this from life and death personal experience with a very popular over the counter health herb that I almost died from the allergic reaction to I had, while its rare on rare 1 in 1 million that have this life and death reaction I did. I I had been 5 minutes later getting to the ER I would not be here now.

Please be careful with all things we try, take a small dose, test it on the skin....make sure.

Lynn

SF Admin
Old 26-04-2014, 01:41 AM
Raven Poet

Thank you for your care in keeping us all safe. I never meant to lead to harm for anyone.

Is there a sticky note to post to guide us in parameters of "safe" discussions around use of "natural remedies"? I wasn't promoting one particular brand of this product. Was it because of the health condition I shared that this product aided me in?

Is there a way we can post "consumer beware" to protect from liability and to promote caution? I'm missing on what protocol I've abused by this post.

Thanks for guiding us!!!

PS -- just re-read this post and now I think I know what SF moderators removed. The brand name of the pain drug the doctor prescribed. Okay, now I think I know my infraction! Thanks again, Lynn!
Old 26-04-2014, 01:48 AM
Administrator
Hello

I am very sensitive to people trying natural products like I did and not being aware of the "deadly" effects they can have. For me one clove toothpick in a piece of ham could kill me.

Posting amounts that one takes is what I worry on. We should all be aware to test our self for reactions. If its something topical put on a small amount look for rash of swelling ext....ingested products is more with cautions as that is direct into the blood stream.

I had a friend die from a natural tea he got in China Town....that is safe to 98% percent of people. To him it was deadly.

Lynn
Old 26-04-2014, 02:23 AM
Raven Poet

Oh my gosh, Lynn, that is sad! I am so sorry you lost your friend! you are right - all substances, whether pharmaceutical or "natural", must be approached with caution. Thank you for bringing our attention to this reminder. I am more aware now of being cautious with any posts about remedies.
Old 29-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Djurplagare89

Ah, I love Oregano! Pasta is no pasta without Oregano. :P

Thanks for sharing
Old 18-06-2014, 03:50 AM
CJ82Sky

interesting thread. thank you for sharing lynn, totally understood. and raven i never heard of oregano oil before, thanks for posting!