Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-11-2012, 08:53 PM
jondav

2012 and "doomaphobia"

With the 21st of December fast approaching,there must be many people around the world,although a minority,getting pretty jittery,I would suggest that quite a few are hiding their anxiety on the matter.With most of us,common sense and reason clicks in,we know that that particular day will pass just like any other,but spare a thought for those, who are genuinely concerned that this may be "it".In lots of ways the media and certain websites have not helped, as the date nears,I would not be surprised to hear that it has become a phobia for some vulnerable people.I think that even the most rational of us will breathe just a little sigh of relief on the 22nd.
Old 17-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Neville

Good post , raising a valid point of view in my opinion.

Quote:
I would suggest that quite a few are hiding their anxiety on the matter.
Old 17-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Enlightener

That is the point of the day, to release all your anxiety. IT is the end, and a new beginning comes right after it :)
Old 18-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Mountain-Goat

I'm not anxious any more, i done gone bought a dingy.
Old 18-11-2012, 01:28 AM
sesheta

There have been "doomsday" theories around for probably just about as long as the human race has existed....and yes, sadly, some people get extremely worked up/worried by them every time....
And yet, here we are....through every terrible end-of-the-world prophecy, this Earth is still turning, and we are still around.....
My prediction? Considering that this most recent "scare" is coming right before Christmas....I predict that the spirit of Christmas - family, togetherness, giving, and celebration - will far outshine the doom & gloom - and we'll all celebrate New Year's having an extra drink, happy that we "lived through another one"
Old 18-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Guide
The Mayan Style of Time Keeping, (the making of calendars), is Based Heavily on Cycles. That means that just as Winter gives Rise to Spring, the Mayan Calendars Cycle Back to the Beginning. They Based their Counts on the Movement of the Stars in the Night Sky. Actually the Calendar that the 2012 Hype is on about actually has already Ended and Restarted it's Count Numerous Times since it was first Created.

Also, the man who started all of the 2012 theories, his name being Jose Arguelles, never mentioned that his theory was that the world would end. He, being of a very New Age State of Mind, claimed that the World would Transform and Transcend in Energy and Pretty Much Have a Paradigm Shift in our Consciousness and Perceptions of Reality.

The people who have jumped on the 2012 bandwagon are Crackpots and Charlatans. The Fear Mongering and the Media Outlet are merely for Attention and Money. Even the Modern Day Mayans have been Upset at how many are Capitalizing, (Making Profits), on Their Ancient Culture.

Several Recent Discoveries have been Rather Recently found shedding light on the truth that the Mayan Calendar Continues on After December 21st, 2012. All of the Bogus Theories one can find on the internet are completely bunk. You will find no merit to the crazy ideas floating around.

That said, you may relax and no longer worry. The biggest concept to understand is that the Mayan Calendar is Cyclical like the Seasons are. The End of the World Claims are Strawmen, (no real substance to them). And Everyone is basically just repeating a lie out of sheer ignorance and laziness. Nobody is willing these days to take the time to dig into the back story, but when you do you'll see that there is nothing to this 2012 "Urban Legend".
Old 18-11-2012, 09:01 PM
NIRVANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondav
With the 21st of December fast approaching,there must be many people around the world,although a minority,getting pretty jittery,I would suggest that quite a few are hiding their anxiety on the matter.With most of us,common sense and reason clicks in,we know that that particular day will pass just like any other,but spare a thought for those, who are genuinely concerned that this may be "it".In lots of ways the media and certain websites have not helped, as the date nears,I would not be surprised to hear that it has become a phobia for some vulnerable people.I think that even the most rational of us will breathe just a little sigh of relief on the 22nd.

I believe in law of attraction and parallel universe.

The ones who are jittery and expecting the end of time will find themselves in alot of negativity. This will lead them to a parallel universe where they can achieve what they have been focused on i
Old 18-11-2012, 09:09 PM
NIRVANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
The Mayan Style of Time Keeping, (the making of calendars), is Based Heavily on Cycles. That means that just as Winter gives Rise to Spring, the Mayan Calendars Cycle Back to the Beginning. They Based their Counts on the Movement of the Stars in the Night Sky. Actually the Calendar that the 2012 Hype is on about actually has already Ended and Restarted it's Count Numerous Times since it was first Created.

Also, the man who started all of the 2012 theories, his name being Jose Arguelles, never mentioned that his theory was that the world would end. He, being of a very New Age State of Mind, claimed that the World would Transform and Transcend in Energy and Pretty Much Have a Paradigm Shift in our Consciousness and Perceptions of Reality.

The people who have jumped on the 2012 bandwagon are Crackpots and Charlatans. The Fear Mongering and the Media Outlet are merely for Attention and Money. Even the Modern Day Mayans have been Upset at how many are Capitalizing, (Making Profits), on Their Ancient Culture.

Several Recent Discoveries have been Rather Recently found shedding light on the truth that the Mayan Calendar Continues on After December 21st, 2012. All of the Bogus Theories one can find on the internet are completely bunk. You will find no merit to the crazy ideas floating around.

That said, you may relax and no longer worry. The biggest concept to understand is that the Mayan Calendar is Cyclical like the Seasons are. The End of the World Claims are Strawmen, (no real substance to them). And Everyone is basically just repeating a lie out of sheer ignorance and laziness. Nobody is willing these days to take the time to dig into the back story, but when you do you'll see that there is nothing to this 2012 "Urban Legend".

Problem is conspiracy is a multi-million pound industry. Many researchers are now saying the real date now is in about 5 years time.

Most researchers are not there for truth but to build their own empires.

2012 has been milked enough
Old 19-11-2012, 01:47 PM
InFurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIRVANA
Problem is conspiracy is a multi-million pound industry. Many researchers are now saying the real date now is in about 5 years time.

And I thought the world learned their lesson after "Y2K".
Old 19-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIRVANA

I heard one expert in the field say that the idea is an assumption and doesn't follow the facts. It's not based on evidence, but more likely human emotion.