Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-12-2010, 10:23 AM
supernova

Why do we love God?

We love God because we know him through his son or the prophets he sent to us. Or else we would never have known God. Jesus was the son or prophet God sent to us, to salvate the sinners of the world.

Had there not been Jesus or any other Prophets we would not have loved God.

God had of course so many other mythological forms and we know the same through ancient Hindu and Greek mythologies.

We love God thinking that we will be sen to Heaven at death.

We love God that we will prosper financially.

We love God because that will get us an award.

Many will go to temples because by doing so they will buy a success.

Maybe some may say they love God with their pure hearts and do not ask for anything in return.

You may love God for a different reason and you can write it
Old 20-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Master
I love what the word god points to, not the word or stories build around the word God, what this word god points to is LOVE, this LOVE is my true Nature, my true Being, So many never go past this word God, they build their camp amongst the stories of their scriptures and of their temples, never going within their own inner temple, never Realizing who they truly are, all because of this word God..
Old 21-12-2010, 06:50 AM
3dnow

The question should be why we don't love ourselves? We will find our higher self by loving our self not by loving something else.

3dnow
Old 21-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
The question should be why we don't love ourselves? We will find our higher self by loving our self not by loving something else.

3dnow
So true 3down but most don't really know who their true SELF is.
Old 21-12-2010, 08:04 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova

We love God that we will prosper financially.

We love God because that will get us an award.

Many will go to temples because by doing so they will buy a success.

Hi again supernova, the above are only fear.

By believing and working on it, you can already obtain what you want. The above beliefs are adding a condition, the condition that "God accepts your wishes or he loves you enough to help you".

So I believe it becomes more difficult for you to have success or whatever.

3dnow
Old 21-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Master
Hi Guy's

It depends In a way If the Individual Is see-ing God within or God without.

Can an Individual truly love something outside of the self before they love what's within?

x daz x
Old 21-12-2010, 08:35 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Guy's

Can an Individual truly love something outside of the self before they love what's within?

So true, I didn't thought this way.

3dnow
Old 21-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Master
To love what we call God is not to love what is out side or what is within, its just love, unconditional. What we see outside or within is still God, even what we call the ego, there is no division in God.
Old 21-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
To love what we call God is not to love what is out side or what is within, its just love, unconditional. What we see outside or within is still God, even what we call the ego, there is no division in God.

Yer I'd agree robbie but you have to be at peace and In-love with your Individual self before that realization can manifest.

Universal-love.. follows Self-Love

x daz x
Old 21-12-2010, 08:50 AM
3dnow

[quote=psychoslice]To love what we call God is not to love what is out side or what is within, its just love, unconditional. What we see outside or within is still God, even what we call the ego, there is no division in God.[/quote

I think what daz says is : you cannot love, without loving yourself.

Actually I said the same thing as you, but I only removed God. The meaning didn't change.

3dnow