Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Master
God has a sense of humour too!
LOL
:)
Old 06-11-2010, 10:25 AM
supernova

Personality is an egoistic approach and in fact God has no personality. Personality is individualistic and God is universal and therefore impersonal. If you say God has a personality then there are many Gods, Christian, Hindu, Islamic and the like. God permeates through all. This whole universe is God' manifestation and God is over and above all attributes. You cannot quantify God and it cannot be contained in the personality type and for God is too big for you to contain in your mind-weaved personality dimensions.

What we call personality is the confluence of cultures and worldly attributes and God is distinct and above all these narrows
Old 06-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Elijah

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
Personality is an egoistic approach and in fact God has no personality. Personality is individualistic and God is universal and therefore impersonal. If you say God has a personality then there are many Gods, Christian, Hindu, Islamic and the like. God permeates through all. This whole universe is God' manifestation and God is over and above all attributes. You cannot quantify God and it cannot be contained in the personality type and for God is too big for you to contain in your mind-weaved personality dimensions.

What we call personality is the confluence of cultures and worldly attributes and God is distinct and above all these narrows
Yes, nicely put..
Old 06-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I'm sorry Robert, but I find that idea or concept very cold and clinical. You are conceptualising yourself into a big fat zero!
That's Ok, I thought it would go right over your head lol.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Master
Quote:
These are all intellectualisations and concepts. You people don't seem to understand your own minds. You are tricking yourselves in believing you are free from concepts, but you are not. Your minds are very active.

it is possible that god's epiphanies have personalities.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Ivy

Quote:

I would have assumed that God is FULL of personality. That He is ALL personalities rather than NO personality.

quite right...but how does god know itself from others if it is all personality?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova

I don't know about the other 'gods' (other than the christian one), but doesn't it say that We are created in His image? Then why do we have personalities yet he doesn't? Not making sense to me that he doesn't have a personality. Is he just a white coat / lab / researcher / experimenter / geek? Even that's a personality.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I don't know about the other 'gods' (other than the christian one), but doesn't it say that We are created in His image? Then why do we have personalities yet he doesn't? Not making sense to me that he doesn't have a personality. Is he just a white coat / lab / researcher / experimenter / geek? Even that's a personality.

personalities are attributes of creation not creator.
sometimes it is us who create god in our image so that we give god personality.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:16 PM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl

Personality has to do with person and God is not a person and a thing or object. Of course mythological gods have shapes, sizes, forms, colors. In different religions God manifests in different forms for some particular purposes. God manifest in a human form through Krishna, Jesus,Mohamed, Shiva, and the like but such personalities are unreal and God rises above and over all these forms and manifestations. In Hinduism people worship monkeys and those who beleive in personality cults may say God has monkey-personalities.

For example if you look at the Buddha's idol in China or Japan, the Buddha has a Mongolian cut and if you have it in India an Aryan cut. This confuses us if we seek personality in God. God is therefore not a personality
Old 06-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Master

Quote:
I'm sorry Robert, but I find that idea or concept very cold and clinical. You are conceptualising yourself into a big fat zero!

If you would like a less cold clinical conceptual approach, I recommend the wonderful Dr Seuss book "I AM SAM, SAM I AM"

BTW Honza, I must admit that you have a most wonderful animating personality!