Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthatic
I've always found it a bit odd that they'd adopt Satan as a symbolic figure, but then also apply certain ethics and some unrelated rules to what they were teaching..while having him as a mascot of some sort. He was described as a deceiver, a murderer, a slanderer... but then they attempt to reframe him in a way that he was never described as being. I don't understand this.
Yeah, that's always made me grin.

Satanism is (mostly) about individualism. And what symbol, albeit modified, is better for radical individualism than a rebel against God himself? Satan's mythology and history becomes irrelevant for many, if they're attracted to the left hand path, and he goes from accuser and slanderer to a kind of modern, secular Prometheus.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamanBird
Im not sure if any of you have read Anton LaVeys work. I havent, but i would love to get my hands on the Satanic Bible, however, im broke at the moment -.-. I'm sure I could get it online for free on a PDF file but I prefer an actual book. Back to my question/discussion, why do people automatically think of Satanists as EVIL people. Dark evil people. If anything, from what I've seen, atheists, AND Satanists are BOTH maybe one of the most open minded people on this earth. Unlike christians and catholics, and other religions, they dont hate gays. They accept them and dont say "YOUR GOING TO HELL FOR THIS!" "TURN OR BURN!". Nah. Satanists and Atheists are like "yeah, whatever makes you happy, feel free to do. you may not be helping raise the human population, but its too damn high anyways! I dont care who you love, it sont bother me" that was one statement by a Satanist I've met. But whys it seem some people here, from what i've searched into, and just people in general, fear "satanism"?! Is it fear of something happening to them? Is it lack of knowledge due to arrogance....or ignorance? Let me know what you think about Satanism and why people dont accept it as a positive belief.

I have read his work in a PDF I found online. I agree with you Satanism is not what people think it is, but it's not arrogance nor ignorance, it's simply a misunderstanding. I mean c'mon, it's called Satanism for crying out loud. What else do you expect people to think? Of course once they look into it, they will change their minds, but then not everybody's interested. If you hear of a religion called Mermaidism --- I'm sure you'll think of mermaids, too. That said it is an ok religion and the principles are not bad at all.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Suspended
Guide

I once met a Satanist. He acted really kind to people, but later I found out it was all an act to cover up evil. However, I do not like being deceived.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:30 AM
iScorpio

I read the PDF Satanic Bible by Anton LaVeys. Not to offend anyone, but I did not like it.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Better known as Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScorpio
I read the PDF Satanic Bible by Anton LaVeys. Not to offend anyone, but I did not like it.

Why didn't you like it? I haven't read it yet...just curious.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:55 AM
iScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better known as Jo
Why didn't you like it? I haven't read it yet...just curious.

Because yes, I am Christian, But I'm not so strict on religion. I do believe it has been twisted around by man..I take Christianity spiritually.
Anyways, I havn't read the whole thing. I skipped around, and basically, what I read, was twisting God's word around and making it look like it's own, from what I've read so far,
I just do not feel comfortable about it, and by reading around the Satanic Bible, I feel like I attracted negative entities to myself.
The Satanic Bible was also mentioning that God is dead.
EDIT:Sorry if I am offending anyone, and I do not mean to. I'm just stating my opinion.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Better known as Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScorpio
I just do not feel comfortable about it, and by reading around the Satanic Bible, I feel like I attracted negative entities to myself.

Thank you for sharing this. I have also worried about this as I have encountered negative entities in the past.

Mmmm...maybe I'll just read the cliff notes!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Quintessence

I think most of us attract more "negative entities" to ourselves by watching cable news channels. There's more negativity and violence in news (and TV in general) than there is in the Satanic Bible. Just something to think about.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:57 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
I think most of us attract more "negative entities" to ourselves by watching cable news channels. There's more negativity and violence in news (and TV in general) than there is in the Satanic Bible. Just something to think about.

How would you know this? I understand your point, but there are different sects when it comes to Satanism, and as far as ethical egotism goes (very similar to LaVeyan Satanism) that obviously has it's own cause and effect. There is much deeper occult stuff in certain branches of Satanism that goes on and many people would be disturbed by it if they only knew.
Just from meditating and exploring what people call the "subtle regions" I've witnessed and experienced things far more horrible than what you'd even see in a horror film...I don't even want to imagine what would happen if I was involved with that stuff.
What's interesting is that in spiritual Satansim, they portray demons no differently than how New-Agers portray "spirit-guides"
Old 05-06-2012, 05:49 PM
sesheta

To ShamanBird

Being a Witch, I have never followed any "organized religion" myself...but I respect whatever religion anyone chooses to follow, if they take it seriously, and they feel that it truly helps them be a better person. As long as they don't go around trying to convert others, I can respect their right to follow their own path....
However - I think that you need to be careful of 'blanket statements' such as that most religions "hate gays." That is very far from the truth - and you will receive back what you project....
You seem to be doing a lot of inner work trying to find your own path, and that's great :) However...whatever you choose, be sure that you are doing it for yourself, and that you take it seriously - not just using things as a "slap in the face" to people who you think are "against" you - that is never the right place to start from.....