Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-01-2017, 06:07 PM
Master
Hi Snow Goose. Love your name. I look out my window to the lake this time of year and the lake will have sections filled with white snow geese. Looks like an ice burg in the water! And when they fly over me, spectacular!

Yes, I can give you some examples. I was told I could not have children. I firmly believed that I would always have three, a boy, a girl and another boy in that order. I saw it, I believed it. So when I was told the 'news' I was pretty devastated but I did not stop believing and I had all three in that order.

My ex husband and I found a house. It was vacant. I loved the land. The house was nothing... I wanted to move there badly...I wanted to be in the country. I used to go and sit and start little campfires and believed it as mine. Well, we got the house...but years later I filed for divorce and I was absolutely heartsick at the thought of moving away from that land. Devastated really. I was so grief stricken that I did not want to even look out my windows. But spring came and time to mow and I was thinking how I did not want to leave and in my mind I heard a booming voice (it was too lol) THIS IS YOUR LAND...and I got all excited and thought yes! this is my land...then sorrow fell over me again and I thought yeah, mine AND the bank's...I really could not see how I could afford the mortgage on my own. :-( Then I heard it again "NO! THIS IS YOUR LAND!" to this day I never know where that came from...my mind? higher self?? but I felt elated...and I fought for this land...the lawyers and court thought I was a fool and pretty much told me so...long story short (sort of)...my ex reconnected with his first love whose husband surprisingly died a few months after I filed for divorce making her free...they reconnected and she encouraged him to pay off the house and sign it over to me. Wow...my ex is vile to say the least. There would have been NO way he would have done that...but due to this woman he did (she then died about six months after they moved in together)...

Another and this one I will say be careful what you wish for......it was something I never thought would work out for my favor but did and came with all kinds of issues and omgosh...I'm still dealing with the aftermath... this one has to deal with a person I dreamed of and saw before he was even born...and to this day boggles my mind how life or universe moved things around for us to meet and when I did, NO way did I think there was any hope...I knew him moment I saw him...we ended up together but wow, with a whole LOT OF BAGGAGE AND DRAMA...and now after all that it's done and I scratch my head and wonder what the heck was that all about???

But also negative things in my life seemed to perpetuate for years on end because I was so miserable (marriage) and I felt trapped, stuck...and the more I felt it, the worse it got...

Oh! and the most recent...my son and his wife tried for 5 years to have kids...nothing. Treatments, failed... all heart wrenching...The first time they got pregnant, my DIL was so thrilled she gave me a frame for my soon to be grandchild and in the frame they had You're going to be a grandma! Well, the pregnancy didn't last :-( and so they tried and tried with no luck...I said I am NOT going to put this away. I'm keeping it up because I am going to be a grandmother to your baby! Very last try...(invitro)...finally worked and I have a 4 month old grandson now :-)

LOL, Lorelyn...I tell my son that...I talk to him about LOA...he wants to be a doctor...I said it's not going to happen with you doing NOTHING! He is studying for his MCATs... but I tell him he's only got an associates and a bachelors under his belt and for the needed prerequisites to get into a med school but now he has to job shadow a doctor...get the recommendation letters, pass the MCATS with a HIGH score, apply, apply, apply...
Old 05-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I was thinking how I did not want to leave and in my mind I heard a booming voice (it was too lol) THIS IS YOUR LAND...and I got all excited and thought yes! this is my land...then sorrow fell over me again and I thought yeah, mine AND the bank's...I really could not see how I could afford the mortgage on my own. :-( Then I heard it again "NO! THIS IS YOUR LAND!" to this day I never know where that came from...my mind? higher self??
I had the very same thing happen to me at a crisis point in my life. First and only time a voice outside of myself specifically instructed me - twice, as well - as to what I needed to do in order to proceed forward in my life. I actually looked around the room to see if someone was there, even though I knew that what was happening wasn't a physical event. I've read up on this phenomenon, it is a well-documented thing that's identified and explained in esoteric literature.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Master
I'm SO glad you experienced that yourself, Baile! I think of that time often and I knew it wasn't my voice...and if it was a thought in my head why did it just come out of nowhere...as if hearing my own thoughts and responding but yet not like me carrying on an annoying conversation with myself (you know how you realize you've just wasted time carrying on some scenario in your head that has not happened nor probably won't?)...

I chuckled at you looking around the room for someone. It was startling to me as well and I thought what the heck? Who? And I'm on a riding lawnmower and heard it haha! Point me in a direction to read up on this phenomenon if you can! Thanks!
Old 05-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Hi Snow Goose. Love your name.

Thank you!

I look out my window to the lake this time of year and the lake will have sections filled with white snow geese. Looks like an ice burg in the water! And when they fly over me, spectacular!

Sounds gorgeous!

Yes, I can give you some examples. I was told I could not have children. I firmly believed that I would always have three, a boy, a girl and another boy in that order. I saw it, I believed it. So when I was told the 'news' I was pretty devastated but I did not stop believing and I had all three in that order.

My ex husband and I found a house. It was vacant. I loved the land. The house was nothing... I wanted to move there badly...I wanted to be in the country. I used to go and sit and start little campfires and believed it as mine. Well, we got the house...but years later I filed for divorce and I was absolutely heartsick at the thought of moving away from that land. Devastated really. I was so grief stricken that I did not want to even look out my windows. But spring came and time to mow and I was thinking how I did not want to leave and in my mind I heard a booming voice (it was too lol) THIS IS YOUR LAND...and I got all excited and thought yes! this is my land...then sorrow fell over me again and I thought yeah, mine AND the bank's...I really could not see how I could afford the mortgage on my own. :-( Then I heard it again "NO! THIS IS YOUR LAND!" to this day I never know where that came from...my mind? higher self?? but I felt elated...and I fought for this land...the lawyers and court thought I was a fool and pretty much told me so...long story short (sort of)...my ex reconnected with his first love whose husband surprisingly died a few months after I filed for divorce making her free...they reconnected and she encouraged him to pay off the house and sign it over to me. Wow...my ex is vile to say the least. There would have been NO way he would have done that...but due to this woman he did (she then died about six months after they moved in together)...

Another and this one I will say be careful what you wish for......it was something I never thought would work out for my favor but did and came with all kinds of issues and omgosh...I'm still dealing with the aftermath... this one has to deal with a person I dreamed of and saw before he was even born...and to this day boggles my mind how life or universe moved things around for us to meet and when I did, NO way did I think there was any hope...I knew him moment I saw him...we ended up together but wow, with a whole LOT OF BAGGAGE AND DRAMA...and now after all that it's done and I scratch my head and wonder what the heck was that all about???

That all sounds amazing :-D

But also negative things in my life seemed to perpetuate for years on end because I was so miserable (marriage) and I felt trapped, stuck...and the more I felt it, the worse it got...

Conratulations on your grandson, you must be one proud gran!

Overall you sound like a really positive person :-D where you say negative situations seem to perpetuate. I have felt like that too, I went through a few really tough years recently. Anything I would manifest would be under the most insanely difficult circimstances. The results would always be the ones I wanted though.

I said to myself no more I need to find tools/ideas to assist me. Thats when I started to write my diary, where I write in it every season, i write about the life I want to live as if im living it, i will pop in something as a wee reminder that it is working as I go through the season. Will give an example......

I wrote that my children are so happy and loved that people comment on how happy they are.........within a few days a neighbour I don't really say much to stopped me in the street to tell me that my kids are the happiest kids he has ever seen.

OH forgot to mention you spoke about court case above and hearing a voice well I went through court a couple of years ago now, everything went against me it was awful, the case was regarding my kids. Myself and my partner were so determined that it would go our way in the begining but no at every court date I came away saying 'this is wrong why is this happening' in the end my partner gave in and said we just need to do it, i turn round and said NO with power I have never known before it was like wind coming up from my feet to fingertips. Within a 6 weeks the case was dropped.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:56 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Sarian and Loreleyn- can you give an example, where you are in your life, what you hoped to achieve and what process you went through to achieve it?

For things that I want – sorcery mainly or simply finding ways to go and get them (which involves meditation, contemplation, sometimes affirmation). You could suggest that sorcery is a far more potent form of LoA in some cases – not all, LoA isn't helpful when a) you need to carry out some act via the astral; b) you aren’t sure what you need/need to do. For that you need a temple of the mind, your Spirit Guardian who will enlist the necessary forces.

(I don’t talk about Spirit Guides glibly by the way. Mine popped suddenly around 15 years ago. I’d already trained myself to get to pure consciousness so while worried it might be my imagination at play there was a constancy over the months and now years. Certain insights were given that seemed to put me on the right road. He appeared when I was questioning my attraction to neo-African ideas. I needed to be sure it wasn’t me just bizarrely attracted to the exotic rather than a sincere drive of spiritual development.)

So processes I might use are probably alien to the new spirituality you find here.

A brief explanation. In mid-teens I encountered a family friend who set me going in a more structured way. Basically a Hermeticist he introduced me to Qabalah, pathworking, astral travel techniques and the Tarot as a Book of Wisdom; various disciplines to sharpen awareness, concentration. Magic and ritual. Sometimes hard work it was time-consuming. He wasn’t a guru, just pointed me here and there with the view that I’d find out what I needed to, helped with some of the concepts. It covered a breadth that’s been lost in the oft-fragmented, compartmentalised brands of spiritual thinking that seems current - so it seems to me but that's just my view. LOL. In the esoteric shop close-by they call me a traditionalist!

I rarely turn to sorcerous techniques now. It's easier to work out what one needs then go and get it. I could give many examples of "things done/won" by Magic and other techniques but there are rather a lot. The most intense time was when I went freelance. To be sure I could support myself I spent much time in meditation and contemplation considering what I could turn into improved skills that may be useful if I ever needed ancillary work.

Pax amorque tecum
Old 06-01-2017, 09:46 AM
Guide

Thats really interesting Lorelyen!

I do think that magical practice and Loa are very similar. Loa is just a way to explain the practice to everyday people who would be put off by using words like occult magic etc.