Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 04-06-2014, 01:35 AM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Imber
Honestly, I have never experienced a spirit physically hurting you and have always believed they couldn't. Other people would say otherwise and swear that they can and have done so to them. Since I have never experienced it I'm partial to the idea now but in actuality can spirits hurt you?
I believe that spirits mess with your mind. They have a contact with your mind.

Remember, the pain is felt in the mind. Some people can't feel pain at all because their mind isn't programmed as other people's. Or some people can feel pain when there is no leg (phantom leg syndrome).

Spirits are related to the realm of consciousness, realm of the mind.

The things in there can be manifested. You can make yourself feel things as though they were physical.

You yourself could create bad situations for yourself within your own mind and feel bad or harmed as a result.

So, yes, they can. But it's not physical. It's the battle of the mind. and what you believe also plays a role. So perhaps the fact that you don't believe is helping you. Or maybe you just by chance never ran into "bad" waves of consciousness.

It's a matter of faith too. So some people have enough faith (to believe them to disappear, so they go away because people believe that they will)

Some people believe that Jesus can help them and make bad ones go away. and that happens also.

It's a mind related thing and related to beliefs and faith and intent and your subconscious.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:56 AM
Experiencer
Wow, so....They cant but they can.... Mind blowing! Ha ha!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Master

Possibly.

Both my children had "something" throw something at them, not light stuff either. One had a dolls cradle thrown at her and my other child had a bottle of cream thrown at her which hit her hard in the face.

Ive had my own encounter in which I was attacked... in my case it was by an astral demon thou. By the time I got away (I really thought it was going to kill me!! another had to save me)... I ran to the mirror to see if it had real affects on me and physically looked shocking, my face was a horrible hue and lips were even blue (it had stopped me from being able to physically breath by blowing some kind of energy into my face which was so thick and dense I couldnt breath it, it did that while holding me down, I was struggling but couldnt break free of it). I spent half the night crying that night, too afraid to go back to bed, couldnt call anyone till morning.

I do think thou attacks like this are very rare but yes they can occur (I dont know if normal every day spirit types can do this thou). Should you worry? Probably not unless you are messing around with things you probably shouldnt (my attack was my own fault), this kind of thing is unlikely to occur.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Master

I wounder if the people being hurt by a ghost are really being hurt by there own thought forms , being created out of there own fear.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
I wounder if the people being hurt by a ghost are really being hurt by there own thought forms , being created out of there own fear.
Can you please explain how neurological activity can directly result in injuries to the body? Injuries like scratches and bites?
Old 13-06-2014, 01:28 AM
Suspended

I give only my own opinion on the subject, everybody's experiences are different.

It depends on the entity in question. Some can, some can't. Of those who can there are plenty more who prefer to ((Pardon my vulgar phrasing)) screw with you in other ways that don't involve physically harming you, because they enjoy the sport of it more than they want to cause you physical pain. Very rarely will an entity actually try to physically harm you.They either can't do it, or they find it too easy to do and work on harming you in more complicated ((though for them, much more rewarding)) ways.

But this is not to say that it never happens. As others have attested to, It can and most certainly does. But it's not particularly a frequent phenomena.

Two things. Always make sure you have your home protected ((which can be as simple or as complicated as you like and as your awareness and ability allows))

and, never assume you are at fault when an entity decides to mess with you in such a way ((Plenty of them are in it for the sport)) but never rule that possibility out either ((You'd be surprised what lengths some are willing to go to for the sake of avenging a perceived wrong))

Even among the dark ones, manners are not without their place.
Old 17-06-2014, 04:30 PM
*Elsa*

I think they say ghost can't hurt you cause it makes people afraid. What you can't see is scary and most people don't see ghost/spirit.
Old 17-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Elsa*
I think they say ghost can't hurt you cause it makes people afraid. What you can't see is scary and most people don't see ghost/spirit.

Agreed. People rather pretend it's not there to make themselves feel better.
Old 17-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Imber
Why do people say they cant hurt you then? People who seem to have vast knowledge on the subject.

Because from a very young age, we are brainwashed by our well intentioned parents to believe that.

I think its very rare for a spirit to have enough energy to hurt you in the physical world (although by no means out of the question). More likely if they want to hurt you, they'd mess with your spirit. That would manifest in the waking world as things like unexplained negative mental states like depression and anxiety, or lethargy and a general degradation of health.
Old 25-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Dustine

Some can hurt you, some can't, i think. It likely depends on the strength/energy of the spirit, and if they want to hurt people or not.
And about the thing about that if you tell them to go away, i think that depends on your energy, and theirs. If you have a strong, self-assure energy or 'vibe', it's likely they will leave you alone. Unless they want to mess with you.
If your energy is weak or you are afraid, some spirits might just 'laugh' at you, and if they leave it'll only be temporary.