Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 25-03-2011, 12:45 AM
tmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Interesting Ciqala,
Did anyone check the history of the land? Where did the bones come from in the bottom of the pond, any clue?

tmf,

So was the Pow Wow witch killed for his pow wow book?? Must have been some powerful old world magic in it huh?
They killed him to break the curse.Dont know what the curse was
Old 25-03-2011, 01:50 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Interesting Ciqala,
Did anyone check the history of the land? Where did the bones come from in the bottom of the pond, any clue?

I checked into the history of the land, did a whole research yet the only thing i can conclude is the eskimo woman was really into her culture and knew how to harness curses. That's what everyone else thought to. They never checked into the bones, just as they didn't check into chuck's murder. It's a very small town.

The history of Black Creek, well it's pretty close to forbidden plateau, that is the mountain where the k'omoks coast salish natives would use as their sacred burial grounds. A river runs through Forbidden (has it's name for good reason) many people die of freak accidents around there, over 30 drownings a year, lots of suicides, deaths, accidents, the natives of the area believe it is because people are trespassing on sacred ground. People who respect the place don't have a problem. Bad things happen when people disturb burial sites and sacred grounds.

Black Creek is pretty far from that mountain, in fact our farm was underneath Mount Washington, but it is said natives lived around this area, and would come out here to die.
On our farm, there was a very sacred forest i referred to as "my woods" where i met the raven man - those woods were sacred grounds.
The longest history reports back, is a giant forest fire, which covered most of the island, when white men first came to the land and began logging and clearing off the forests. They came from around campbell river harbour. Black creek is between campbell and the comox valley. They made a long dirt road through black creek. Set trees on fire, thought they could control it, but it wiped out the first growth trees. On my property you can still see burnt trees that survived.

actually my old property, my parent's sold the farm last year. we are town folks now, live half an hour away from there :)
Old 25-03-2011, 01:54 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
I checked into the history of the land, did a whole research yet the only thing i can conclude is the eskimo woman was really into her culture and knew how to harness curses. That's what everyone else thought to. They never checked into the bones, just as they didn't check into chuck's murder. It's a very small town.

The history of Black Creek, well it's pretty close to forbidden plateau, that is the mountain where the k'omoks coast salish natives would use as their sacred burial grounds. A river runs through Forbidden (has it's name for good reason) many people die of freak accidents around there, over 30 drownings a year, lots of suicides, deaths, accidents, the natives of the area believe it is because people are trespassing on sacred ground. People who respect the place don't have a problem. Bad things happen when people disturb burial sites and sacred grounds.

Black Creek is pretty far from that mountain, in fact our farm was underneath Mount Washington, but it is said natives lived around this area, and would come out here to die.
On our farm, there was a very sacred forest i referred to as "my woods" where i met the raven man - those woods were sacred grounds.
The longest history reports back, is a giant forest fire, which covered most of the island, when white men first came to the land and began logging and clearing off the forests. They came from around campbell river harbour. Black creek is between campbell and the comox valley. They made a long dirt road through black creek. Set trees on fire, thought they could control it, but it wiped out the first growth trees. On my property you can still see burnt trees that survived.

actually my old property, my parent's sold the farm last year. we are town folks now, live half an hour away from there :)

Wow sounds like the land has some deep scars...sad
Old 03-04-2011, 07:59 PM
dfurn

I live near a town in the UK where Mother Shipton lived. She was a witch who *supposedly* lived in a cave in Knaresborough, she told fortunes and created prophecies. There is also a waterfall which turns objects to stone, I guess its a high mineral count in the water, but its pretty impressive when you're a child.

I can't post URL's yet but google mother shipton and the petrifying well and you'll see what I mean :)
Old 03-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Master
http://www.mothershiptonscave.com/intro.php
Old 03-04-2011, 09:00 PM
mahakali

I lived in Henry county maybe a half mile from these tracks. not to mention on the same road, Jonesborough road, there are native American burial grounds and the bodies of slaves that kept getting dug up when trying to widen this road :/ and yes my house was very haunted! theres also a ghost town from the 1700's right around there called shingle roof, oh man is it spooky!

posted from http://georgiamysteries.blogspot.com/2008/08/mcdonough-train-wreck-might-be.htmlCamp Creek Train Wreck of 1900 Might Be Responsible for Haunted McDonough Square

What is oftentimes called Georgia's own Titanic story took place in Henry County, Georgia on June 23, 1900. Near the present-day city of McDonough, there is a small creek called Camp Creek. As in 1900, today there is a railroad track that runs across the creek. However, if you were to visit the site today, the creek flows quietly underneath the railroad crossing. On that fateful day in 1900, the creek was swollen due to three weeks of heavy nonstop rainfall. The railroads were important modes of transportation in 1900, as this was before the mass production of automobiles. The heavy rainfall would spell disaster for Old Number 7, the locomotive that would pull the train northbound from Macon on to the bridge over Camp Creek that fateful day.
I first learned of this event after taking the Haunted History Tour of McDonough tonight led by Caprice Walker and Dan Brooks of Bell, Book and Candle in downtown McDonough, Georgia. Living in the area, the tour was even more enjoyable for me due to my curiosity about the many old buildings and homes in the downtown area. On the tour, Dan and Caprice tell guests of the many historic buildings in downtown McDonough and the ghost stories that have made these buildings so mysterious. On the tour, the two take guests to the square downtown. While it is a very peaceful, serene looking park, there are a number of things that have happened in and on the square that make it the site of some eerie happenings. Perhaps the most intriguing of these is what is called the Camp Creek Train Wreck.
As Old Number 7 sat on the tracks at the McDonough depot waiting for the heavy rainfall and bad weather to pass, it was attached to a combination car, day coach, and Pullman sleeper. There were 48 passengers and crew aboard. The engineer, J.T. Sullivan, was given the orders to wait at McDonough for eastbound Number 27 from Columbus coming in from Luella. Number 27 never came, but the Red Ball Freight carrying two people did come through and was waived on. It later crossed the Camp Creek bridge, becoming the last train to do so before the fateful accident.

Around 9:45 p.m. that night, Sullivan received orders to continue northbound. The passengers were a bit nervous about making the trek in the awful weather, and when told of this by one of his crewman, the engineer is said to have remarked, "We'll either be having breakfast in Atlanta or Hell." As the train neared the bridge, the brick supports underneath the bridge had washed out from under the tracks. By the time the train got to the bridge, it was too late. They applied the brakes on the train, but it did not work. The engine leaped through the air as the tracks fell away underneath, and although it almost made it to the other side, the other cars crashed in to the chasm below. According to Brooks and Walker in their guide to historic and haunted downtown McDonough, "As soon as the train crashed, it was engulfed in flames. The train cars began to fill with water from the swollen creek. Survivors attempted to climb the wreckage, but were swept away in the raging torrent. The scene was one of horror."

Of the 48 people on board the train, only nine survived that night. Those people were taken to the Globe Hotel or the Dunn House downtown on the square to receive any needed medical treatment and to board for the time being. The Globe Hotel is now the home of Scarlett's Retreat in McDonough and is the two story home facing Jonesboro Street. Those bodies that were recovered from the wreckage were taken back to McDonough. They were laid out on the square for identification. Local undertakers, B.B. Carmichael and A.F. Bunn and Company handled much of the work on the bodies.
Brooks and Walker have a theory as to why the square in downtown McDonough is so haunted. They feel that it has a lot to do with the Camp Creek Train Wreck of 1900. In their guide they comment, "Maybe that is why so many places around the square are considered haunted-by the ghosts of the dead who were laid out in the public square. Or maybe it is the ghost of those poor victims where were never recovered from the wreck, seeking their homes and are lingering here not knowing they never made it on their trip.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:03 PM
nightowl

dfurn and norseman

wow, thanks for the link. She was some kind of woman huh? Had the ear of Royalty??? The well story is cool as well. I think I would surely visit this park.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:10 PM
nightowl

mahakali,
What a great story. There sure does seem to be enough cause to believe there would be a lot of activity there. I will have to share this story with my husband he loves train stuff.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
dfurn

Quote:
dfurn and norseman

wow, thanks for the link. She was some kind of woman huh? Had the ear of Royalty??? The well story is cool as well. I think I would surely visit this park.

She was pretty special. She's even mentioned in the diary of Samuel Pepys, who wrote during the great fire of london. He said she had predicted it. Maybe she was secretly an arsonist
Old 09-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Mira

The local town here where I live the is a story about a man called Fred Fisher who was murdered by his best friend so that his friend could take his land, this happened a long time ago, before cars were invented at least! His friend had told the local authorities that Fred had returned to England and that he had given the land to his friend. Sometime after, Fred's ghost appeared to a landowner near what is now called Fisher's Ghost creek and pointed to the post where his murdered body was buried. The friend who had murdered him was shortly arrested and sent to jail or hung? I do not remember that part of the story. Anyhow the town has a festival in November each year to mark Fred Fisher's ghost. The ghost is still there around the creek where he was murdered, as I have seen him on several occaisions. This story is rather old.