Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-12-2017, 08:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Perception

Hi ya!

I am noticing more and more how adaptable and fluid my perspective is becoming on all matter of things!

I am also noticing myself in 'observer mode' alot more... where I am watching myself and my judgments of self from an observer perspective... it is kind of fun as I see myself as two - one self is judging something and then the higher aspect of self is observing me judge that thing and then challanging the aspect which I am in judgment about.

For example the other day after a Thai Chi class during the meditation my higher self was observing me looking in the mirror as I often do haha and making judgments about my body and my higher self aspect was sending my other self aspect love and encouragement to help me see my physical expression in its perfection ... since that meditation my higher self aspect has been challanging me to see the perfection in all that is present in my reality.

I just thought this was so cool - and have been noticing how my higher self aspect is guiding me to challange and shift detrimental judgments of myself and shift into LOVE.

Anyway- I just thought tgat was pretty neat and wanted to express it and share it here.
Thanks for listening!
Old 09-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Lorelyen

I think that's how it should be.

You (well, I) come to realise that people are as they are. Like you I observe but without judgement unless as sometimes happens interactions involve me. I'm pretty open about things and only when something - a feeling even - of being confronted unnecessarily will my judgement switch in and have to decide whether to allow someone "into my firmament" or not.

Individuality is sacrosanct to me but I'm averse to people who would do others immediate harm - this is a longer story as I think marketeers do a lot of harm at the corporate level...I daren't complain too much as I aid and abet through the work I do....but as individuals go I love them to exercise their selves at whatever level so tend to be accepting and smiley.

Even here I give opinions usually based on how observation has integrated with my experiences of things, rarely judgemental (as, like I say, people are as they are) although I'm not good at handling dishonesty and insincerity. Even then, one can point out what one's observed without necessarily judging.

I used to think that too many people thought they were the centre of the universe but later accepted that they were, of their universes, just that many suffered the narrow awareness of not realising there were plenty of universes around (with certain things in common, of course)!
Old 10-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks Lorelyn for your reply...

I learnt a new word from your response as well (had to look up 'sacrosanct' up)

Yep - judgments still come up for me especially if someone is treating another in a way which I percieve as nasty or shaming another... but in situations where I catch myself out making a surprise judment I find myself no longer judging myself of it such a self in such a way that I belittle myself. Instead I observe from a neautral place that I made a judgment... and so then am able to 'confront' or challange that without going into a shame spiral...

I guess maybe I am observing myself with less attachment to judging myself making judgments

As a result I find it much easier to shift my perception of things as well - as the time between observing a judgment, looking at it and shifting my perspective if I feel I need to becomes much more rapid - instead of something I file away into my subconcious... potentially to become belief which takes roots.

Anyway - I am now just observing how interesting I find this haha - I am sure that there are people who have been doing this for ages already though - it's a slow news week!
Old 20-01-2018, 04:31 PM
boshy b. good

We might embrace as perception. Perception might be
embrace. Not perception as thinking but perception as of and by
embrace. Never stop generalizing optimistically about
how good the world has come in general, is the max,
is from the max.
Old 20-01-2018, 06:01 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Thanks Lorelyn for your reply...

I learnt a new word from your response as well (had to look up 'sacrosanct' up)

Yep - judgments still come up for me especially if someone is treating another in a way which I percieve as nasty or shaming another... but in situations where I catch myself out making a surprise judment I find myself no longer judging myself of it such a self in such a way that I belittle myself. Instead I observe from a neautral place that I made a judgment... and so then am able to 'confront' or challange that without going into a shame spiral...

I guess maybe I am observing myself with less attachment to judging myself making judgments

As a result I find it much easier to shift my perception of things as well - as the time between observing a judgment, looking at it and shifting my perspective if I feel I need to becomes much more rapid - instead of something I file away into my subconcious... potentially to become belief which takes roots.

Anyway - I am now just observing how interesting I find this haha - I am sure that there are people who have been doing this for ages already though - it's a slow news week!

Hi Emerald!

One thing I realized this weekend, after witnessing a pretty bad fight at the school that I work in, was that I was also making judgements about the people that I live around. People who shame and abuse others, I realized, have no self- esteem themselves (and maybe that's another judgement, but that's also the key to understanding). I realized that low self- esteem is at the heart of most issues. I also realized that love is the most healing thing there is, and me further categorizing and name- calling doesn't help to heal the issue.
Now if I can just find a way to stay in love and show love, even to those that abuse or degrade others, while being in their presence, when they are being abusive and degrading. I think that staying in love would be most healing, but in the moment, not always easy to do.