Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered
When people ask questions on this site, or any place for that matter it's because they don't understand something, or truly are searching for answers, so when met with the someone with a "superiority complex", in a condescending way it's shows that that person lacks awareness of their ego.

When one's cup is already full, what's left but to tell everyone how much they have in their cup.

How would an education system look if people were talked down to every time they ask questions, and made to feel inferior because they lacked that knowledge?
When i first responded to this thread. The specific question you asked for was answered, but often with a question like that there is more. I guess i was just checking things out to find actual questions you wanted the answer too.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:45 PM
boshy b. good

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
We are simply here, why practice anything, what is hard about simply living your life.
I assumed living life as thru Practice, and that is good enough for me. I said practice is for
US. I assume practice is however wants to make it. I assume people practice as the turn out.

Last edited by boshy b. good : 11-12-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshy b. good
I assumed living life as thru Practice, and that is good enough for me. I said practice is for
US. I assume practice is however wants to make it. I assume people practice as the turn out.
Yes, what ever turns you on, as long as you are happy that is the main thing.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:24 AM
boshy b. good

Turn on - lights.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshy b. good
Turn on - lights.
Yep, whatever.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:35 AM
boshy b. good

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
Yes, what ever turns you on, as long as you are happy that is the main thing.
Merry christmas
Old 13-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered
I often wonder what the point is, why exactly we are here on this plane of existence. If we come from an all knowing source, from the oneness, from an eternal with no end, then end up in this matrix of chaos that appears to be finite. What's the point?

The point is that there isn't an all-knowing source. But there is oneness. This 'oneness but not all-knowing source' is exactly the source of the energy which pushes everything along throughout the whole universe following its (own) wishes to become all-knowing. Knowledge can be gained only by experiencing. So only when everything has been experienced will an all-knowing 'centre' be satisfied. That's why we have eternity.
We, and everything else, are 'tools' formed and being formed to achieve this end. We form ourselves no matter what we are, rock, plant, animal, human. The process is called evolution and it takes on many forms, grades, degrees and colours. Like music. Through our endeavours, and I'm talking here of the endeavours taken by everything in the universe, we assist by all that happens to us, by all that is experienced by us and other life forms, by art, music, wars, goodness, badness, walking, shopping, riding, eating, sleeping, ... by absolutely everything and a lot more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhltOgALW08
Old 16-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Angel1

Then there is always this from Meher Baba:
God is love. And Love must love. And to love there must be a Beloved.
But since God is Existence infinite and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself.
And in order to love Himself, He must imagine Himself as the Beloved whom He
as the lover imagines He loves.

Beloved and lover implies separation.
And separation creates longing; and longing causes search.
And the wider and the more intense the search, the greater the separation and the more terrible the longing.
When longing is at its intensest, separation is complete, and the purpose of separation,
which was that love might experience itself as lover and Beloved,
is fulfilled; and union follows.

And when union is attained, the lover knows that he himself was all along the Beloved, whom he loved and desired union with;
and that all the impossible situations that he overcame were obstacles which he himself had placed in the path to himself.
To attain union is so impossibly difficult because it is impossible to become what you already are!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Master
Pro-found, Katherine-Baba! :

The only thing missing from the word-art 'portrait' presented, which has to be of the case of course because it is a bare-boned summary, are the details of the 'fleshy' fact that the ways and means of love are infinite in both extent and variety - think of numberless rivers flowing into a bottomless ocean with a brilliant sun and kaleidoscopically infinite rainbow overhead - maybe add an array of puffy clouds and a myriad flying and singing birds to help 'fill out' the ever unfillable 'picture'!

Woohoo!
Old 16-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Seeker
The short answer: To truly know something, you must also know its opposite.

Explanation: Let's say that you're an omnipresent and infinite pure light being. As such, you directly experience true unconditional love / joy, timelessness, and true freedom from physical restraint. You know these things, but you don't truly know them because you don't have the contrasting (opposite) experience in which to give them context. One way to achieve these contrasting experiences is to extend part of yourself into physical forms of time-limited, mentally unaware, and physically constrained beings and endow them with free will. The experiences of these beings, as an extension of self, then add to your own experience and help with your expansion, as they themselves expand / create / learn.

So, why are we here? We're hear to experience, learn, expand, and co-create our reality / universe. Good / bad, joy / suffering, love / fear, are all contrasting perspectives that are required for our journey. I know it sounds trite to say that suffering is required for joy to be realized, especially for anyone who is highly empathetic, but if you think about it and sit with it for a while, it begins to make sense.